Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Today I learned that there is a vast rabbithole one can fall into concerning weed whacker attachments. A friend recently gifted me a Husqvarna 128LD gas trimmer, it runs well, has a nice bit a power to it.* However against the vile legions of woody weeds that infest the yard, I need something with a blade to properly smite them as they eat the strings like candy. So I have spent the last hour searching online and finding conflicting answers as to whether Echo or Trimmerplus attachments will fit it. 

The 128 LD was not intended by Husqvarna to have a blade attachment, (so that the prospective customer would fork out more for the 300 series), but there are reports that this is mitigated by the fact that it was meant to be sold at Lowes and was to match up with other attachments they sold, thus the possibility of a work around. The official website is less than helpful regarding this...

I can only conclude that there is some Infernal Power that is actively blocking my attempts to have a bladed weed eater, and that just under the surface the world of weed eaters is a convoluted mess of deliberately contradicting information and proprietary elfery designed to enrage and confuse.

I can only conclude that the weeds, along with thier allies Mothman and the Channel 7 news team have infiltrated and subverted the lawn care industry to thier own nefarious ends. 

*It is far too quiet for my liking however, and in the light skimming I've done so far on the subject, attaching a straight pipe exhaust to a two stroke weedeater engine is a rabbithole all it's own. For like the lawnmower, it must have a mighty bellowing roar in order to inflict proper fear into the weeds.(and neighbors). This meek puttering simply will not do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Okay. That's it. I want my money back for 2022. ALL OF IT. I paid too much for this *just assume it's obscene*!

... If you guys pray, or light candles, or ... anything, I don't know, I'm game. I just got home, Andi's been admitted to the hospital with .. I don't actually know. His blood sugars are hinky, there is weirdness ... they think it will be okay, but naturally, they don't know, and they took him to Bellevue and I cannot put into words how much I loathe city driving and I am .. far closer to a screaming panic attack than I thought, that's lovely.

. .. I'd like a nice, quiet decade of nothing going wrong, please. Not with me, not with my friends, not with  their friends and family .. y'know. 

You are in my prayers and meditations.

Both of you.

GEM

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

And it worked. Seven pages of designs in a half hour. I am not happy that simple molecular chains can have such a significant impact on my well being and mental health.

Plus, I'm afraid to stand up.

Floor moving about, is it?

GEM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Appreciate you all. Thank you.

.. they're going to let me pick him up tomorrow; apparently, what happened is that the change in depression meds to one that actually works means he's actually up and around and doing the thing, which means stuff like the glipizide he was taking to keep his bloodsugars from skyrocketing were working a little /too/ well. 

He's off the glipizide. 

And I will Gird my Lions, program the GPS and go get him tomorrow. Looking forward to getting him home safe.

Watch those floors, Pegazus; they sneak up on you. Occasionally, with violence. ^^;

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

@Sylverthorne Awesome to hear!

You know there is lack of male rabbitfolk rogues. Most I've found are females, ha ha. Thou looking at Reaper's future releases, there is a male coming & Wzkids has 1 coming in the next Nolzur's wave (not the one that is delayed but is slowly releasing right now). I did find a stl file at least, so the player playing a male rabbitfolk rogue will have a mini. It's simple, but it'll work + I'm not sure if the player is going to keep his size small or medium. I had decided to use the Wizkids prepainted with a different colored base, but I think I'll just throw that one back into the villain pile instead.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Floor moving about, is it?

GEM

2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Watch those floors, Pegazus; they sneak up on you. Occasionally, with violence. ^^;

Dunno. Looking down seemed like a bad idea too. 

• Haha 7

Eh, I don’t really drink. Makes getting tipsy very inexpensive and really easy. Took two shots of rum in a Coke to take me that far over the rainbow.

And I guess that’s a good thing about day drinking. Not waking up to a headache!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

.. they're going to let me pick him up tomorrow; apparently, what happened is that the change in depression meds to one that actually works means he's actually up and around and doing the thing, which means stuff like the glipizide he was taking to keep his bloodsugars from skyrocketing were working a little /too/ well. 

Glad to hear the news.  May your travels be swift and hazard-free. 

I'm not sure why I'm so tired today. I sat and had lunch earlier, then we went at sat at the con and painted. And we sat and had dinner with friends. Sat in the car on the way home, and I'm sitting at the computer now.  All this sitting is exhausting. 

It's a VERY small convention, 50-60 people tops.  10-12 tables. This is the entire room:

IMG_20220304_211221087.jpg.0ac550a10d5188acaea67fc4491b2542.jpg

Toward the back:

IMG_20220305_143030834.jpg.da6fb6c718e89af53a86b54926e6e7ff.jpg

Toward the front:

IMG_20220305_143041022.jpg.65d11dd17f7315794f6edd7dd8b047e8.jpg

Free water and coffee for attendees. A lot of people are either in the coffee shop next door or in class in the back of the shop. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Cat 3 tornado passed about 2 miles south of us just after 5pm this evening. Six people lost their lives. My daughter's best friend's family farm is in tatters. My wife's boss has extensive property damage. We're ok, but I didn't have time to walk around our property to look for damage before dark. 

As bad as it was, it could have been far worse. 

But now I can't sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 18

2 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Cat 3 tornado passed about 2 miles south of us just after 5pm this evening. Six people lost their lives. My daughter's best friend's family farm is in tatters. My wife's boss has extensive property damage. We're ok, but I didn't have time to walk around our property to look for damage before dark. 

But now I can't sleep. 

Glad to hear you made it through OK.

Sorry for the families who lost loved ones and had their lives tossed.

GEM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

But now I can't sleep. 

Yah we've gotten strong cold winds the last couple days here too. Nothing like what you got, more or less seasonal winds from the West.

It's been awhile but one of those nights at work tonight, no truck yet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

I'm not sure why I'm so tired today. I sat and had lunch earlier, then we went at sat at the con and painted. And we sat and had dinner with friends. Sat in the car on the way home, and I'm sitting at the computer now.  All this sitting is exhausting. 

It's a VERY small convention, 50-60 people tops.  10-12 tables. This is the entire room:

It looks like the whole convention was about painting?  That would be something different for me, leaving me to wonder what’s going on near me that I have never heard about …

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

It looks like the whole convention was about painting?  That would be something different for me, leaving me to wonder what’s going on near me that I have never heard about …

Yes, it's called Paint-a-Palooza.  There are classes all day, speed paint contests, and door prizes. The game store gives discounts to badge holders, and the cafe serves beer as well as other fare.  And there are the usual shenannigans.  

• Like 10