Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

It looks like I'm suffering from "Idea ADHD" yet again. I keep coming up with new projects or ideas I want to work on and keep jumping around from project to project. And it is driving me up a wall! I went months without having much creativity and now I can't turn it off or get it to focus. I think that means I need to buckle down and get something done. Exactly what, I don't know yet. I'll probably try to direct it toward that group project but get some notes down for some of the others.

Now, my next non-creative project is going to be working on my minis photography. I've got some ideas but I need to get things worked out. It'll be a nice distraction to get me to let the creative stuff to cool off.

• Like 6

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Pegazus said:

The kraken has been unleashed. You've been warned.

s-l400.jpg.efe3ceb03ba124bfa4febff179e90c7a.jpg

19 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Away with thee! :zombie:

Apologies if the verbal pun ishment was too much.

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

It looks like I'm suffering from "Idea ADHD" yet again. I keep coming up with new projects or ideas I want to work on and keep jumping around from project to project. And it is driving me up a wall! I went months without having much creativity and now I can't turn it off or get it to focus.

I got a project notebook.  When I get ideas I write them down and make sketches and notes. At the beginning of the year I make a list of all the projects I want to work on, and check them off as I go.  Been doing this several years now and it is interesting to look back at ideas I had and projects I did.  It's also a way to keep track of how much actually gets finished.  We tend to forget how much we've really accomplished. 

@Chaoswolf that bottle looks dangerously empty. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Obviously it was released to find more.

@Inarah---I like that notebook idea.

I’ve done that but inevitably I lose the sketchbook….only to find it months-years later

:mellow:

then I wind up thinking WTF / WTH   when looking at it. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Obviously it was released to find more.

Sending a sauced-up Kraken out for more booze is just asking for trouble.  Whatever it went out as, when it eventually finds its way back home it's gonna be nothing but Sloptopus.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

I got a project notebook.  When I get ideas I write them down and make sketches and notes. At the beginning of the year I make a list of all the projects I want to work on, and check them off as I go.  Been doing this several years now and it is interesting to look back at ideas I had and projects I did.  It's also a way to keep track of how much actually gets finished.  We tend to forget how much we've really accomplished. 

@Chaoswolf that bottle looks dangerously empty. 

I have tons of them. It's been helpful the past few years, as I wasn't able to bring my laptop to work, to get those notes down and ideas hashed out. I actually had to go through them recently to pull out my notes for something I want to finish this year. A lot of my larger projects have several notebooks, sketchbooks, and graph paper. :ph34r:

I think this is something else. It's like... One part imposter syndrome, one part stressing myself out because I feel like I *have* to be doing something. And maybe a few other things. As I put that story out there, I then sat down and cranked out a follow up. I was already planning it but I'm wondering if it's good enough or if the same people will like it and so on. And I force myself to wait to edit things because of that. While I'm waiting to let the thing cool, I usually try to do something completely different, so I'm not thinking about it. I also had some sinus issues this week, which kind of killed my motivation. So... Now, looking at it, I have no idea what's going on. :lol:

• Like 4

*sigh*

Apparently, on second thought, Andi's staying put until tomorrow, actually. Because his sugars are apparently doing things they shouldn't be doing, and they'd like to monitor.

They aren't willing to kit him out to monitor him from home, however.

Anxiety spiked again. Heck.

So I guess I'm going out there anyway, to bring him Stuff He Needs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I had to start doing that at work (shameless plug for OneNote here; get it if you can). I kept ending the day feeling like I'd done nothing and I hadn't earned my keep (which, I probably only do 2-3 times a year). But, what in the world are they paying me for? Can put me into a funk. So, quick little text list of what I'd done that day. First day I tried it, I really didn't feel like I'd done anything until I looked at the list and had 10 things on it. Since that's greater than the 9 hours I worked, means I fulfilled a task every hour. Has definitely improved my mood at work. Guess it only makes sense to extend that to home and hobby life.

• Like 8