Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Sending a sauced-up Kraken out for more booze is just asking for trouble.  Whatever it went out as, when it eventually finds its way back home it's gonna be nothing but Sloptopus.

I've seen this mythical creature before.....

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

274722513_10159272933978884_7552207832059842130_n.jpg.9a3b3b887b5262654d0b9dd50f0e8e67.jpg

One of favorites,  even before Thumper came into our lives. 

Truck showed up around 430 this morning. Dispatch (actually got ahold of them) said something about trailer connections were a problem today, thus delaying the trucks but he did say she, so that's all you needed to say as the only she I know is the worst driver we get.

She is constantly late & is one weird cookie. It wasn't a bad load, just a late load. Came home & after eating a cinnamon roll, went to the store & we got groceries for the week. I ended up crashing around 1 or 2. So all in all a regular Sunday here.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I got my very first American passport on Friday, so I am planning on going to Norway in April to visit family. My father in law insists I use his airline miles, so that will be interesting to see how that works. Also, the passport office seems to be caught up, it only took 2.5 weeks for me to get it, not the rumored 10-14 weeks .

• Like 13

I'm trying to dig through my good sized collection of manga to find a one-off one that has mecha in it and I'm not having a lot of luck. I'm thinking about doing the second manga for Dominion Tank Police or the manga for Black magic, which is very different than the anime. Hmm. I'm also watching the Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. I've seen it before but was totally lost because I had forgotten or not seen a lot of original stuff. This time around, it was a lot easier to know what the hell was going on. :lol:

I'm going to be spending the rest of the morning cooking and cleaning. Can I stop having to be an adult now? I want a refund!

• Like 5

Today I finally wrote my MP about something that has been bugging me for a year now. I volunteer with St. John Ambulance and have since 2013. Firefighters get a tax refund for their service, we don't. So I wrote a letter hoping to recify that. I have an excellent track record with writing letters and asking nicely for things, hopefully I hear back from his office. Our MP also has this incredibly great handlebar moustache, it's his calling card. Seriously, he stamps it on frizbees he hands out at the local parades. I asked him if he signs his letters with a moustache. I hope he does, just for me. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

*sigh*

Apparently, on second thought, Andi's staying put until tomorrow, actually. Because his sugars are apparently doing things they shouldn't be doing, and they'd like to monitor.

They aren't willing to kit him out to monitor him from home, however.

Anxiety spiked again. Heck.

So I guess I'm going out there anyway, to bring him Stuff He Needs. 

Sorry to hear that @Sylverthorne I got a lesson in riding hormone and sugar level waves over the last 3 months and its no fun for anybody.  Hope he gets well soon and they have a permanent fix for him.  I will keep you both in my thoughts

Roo

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Sorry to hear that @Sylverthorne I got a lesson in riding hormone and sugar level waves over the last 3 months and its no fun for anybody.  Hope he gets well soon and they have a permanent fix for him.  I will keep you both in my thoughts

Roo

So far, my confidence in their competence is pretty low.

They are probably going to keep him for another day, because the fluid IV they had him on apparently somehow led to water in the lungs? I .. am not sure I want to know how the hell that happened when all the scans and what not keep saying all that is fine, but, sure. okay. 

He didn't get much sleep last night.

My sugars have been high (gee, surprise. Not.), likely due to the screaming anxiety, more than anything else, because I have to force myself to eat... 

*sigh*

I am learning things. I'm not liking most of them! But I am learning things.

• Like 8
  • Sad 6