Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Hey all, this weekend was... well there. up at 4 both days to be at work by 5, it takes me a bit to wake up. anyways, I am off today the close tomorrow then open the next day. 

I did stay up late last night playing Cyberpunk, the 'story' has engaged me enough to helped keep me awake for roughly 20 hours. 

next week maybe an odd week for me, I will have to wait and see. 

My new phone crapped out and I am having to use my old phone till my replacement phone gets here, sometime later this week, so this week has been an off week. 

for those who were talking about deck plans in Traveller, try this; Yet Another Traveller Blog (travellerrpgblog.blogspot.com). The guy created some really cool 'geomorphs' for making deck plans. I also think in there he gives you the way to figure tonnage and stuff, but I am unsure of that. 

Thorne, I am sure things will get sorted out. I will keep you both in my thoughs.

I hope everyone has a best second Sunday as they can. 

• Like 8

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems the Aussie soap opera Neighbors has finally gone off the air after 37 seasons... :down:

This is a pretty big deal in the entertainment industry, even aside from the impressively long run. For those that don't know, this show spawned the careers of a lot of Aussie/NZ actors.

Some of the well-known Hollywood folks:

Russel Crowe

Liam Hemsworth  (His brother Chris got started on another Aussie soap called Home and Away)

Margot Robbie

Ben Mendelsohn (Dark Knight Rises, Rogue One, Captain Marvel)

Luke Mitchell (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Jesse Spencer (House, Chicago Fire)

It also started the careers of singers Natalie Inbruglia and Kiley Minogue.

R.I.P Neighbors

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

It seems the Aussie soap opera Neighbors has finally gone off the air after 37 seasons... :down:

That show was one of the reasons I bought a TV capable of both PAL/NTSC when I was stationed in Australia back in 85-88. 

• Like 5

It is national cereal day.  It is also national flapjack day as well as national crown roast of pork day. I have provided this information in the interests of assisting with your meal planning, I hope it is useful to someone. 

I also found it amusing, that of all the things to have a national day for, today was 3 different food items.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Are you supposed to serve all three together?

I did once put cornflakes and bacon in some pancakes I made*... Does that count?

*As a facetious response to a comment a friend had made about having to clean so many plates/cups/dishes for a single meal. Since the pancakes already had milk in them, I tossed in the cereal, the bacon and added some orange juice to the mix. Turned out surprisingly well.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Speaking of breakfast foods...

100_2793.JPG.8b115c77c23d53fe4ff8cf912e9a5696.JPG

Skillet burritos experiment 2. Shredded potato, cheese, peppers, mushrooms. (once again I forgot to thaw the bacon and sausage)

100_2794.JPG.57f37857acd329e405b58b330d16ff88.JPG

With the smaller skillet I had enough for 3, last time was 4 but they were thinner.

So now the meal rotation I've got going is burrito/burgers/chicken sandwiches/pizzas thus covering everything I used to go out to eat for. Granted I miss the sociable aspect of doing that, but that was already starting to die in 2017 when all the restaurants got behind the idea of chasing out the regulars in order to "keep the tables rotating". Which I thought to be just an Austin thing until I got back here and discovered that all of the family style diners had gotten rid of the coffee counters and the same attitude prevailed. 

• Like 10

Anyone know why Mainstream FM radio no longer plays any hard rock or metal alongside pop music?

Cause i remember during the 80's,90's and early 2000's they did,but they haven't since then and i haven't listened to the radio in about so many years after the radio got rid of hard rock and metal.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Oakleaf98 said:

Anyone know why Mainstream FM radio no longer plays any hard rock or metal alongside pop music?

Cause i remember during the 80's,90's and early 2000's they did,but they haven't since then and i haven't listened to the radio in about so many years after the radio got rid of hard rock and metal.

Rock and metal now have their own stations on internet/satellite radio... Which are so ubiquitously available in cars and on computers these days that playing pop or rap music is the only way to consistently bring in a profitable-sized audience for an actual FM broadcast station.

• Like 5

Customer: Our distributor sucks, and we've never received any training!

What I want to say: Your site received training 5 years ago, 4 years ago and 3 years ago - I know this, because I did them with your distributor tech. But the people you had at the training sessions were a bunch of bumbling idiots and at the last training session they were told that any additional training would be at our regular rate.  Yes, you've had problems at your site, but well over half the problems you've had in the last five years have been self inflicted.  BTW, just how much money do you owe your distributor, anyway? 

What I actually said: I will be happy to schedule another training remote session for you, the cost for that is $295.00.  On site training starts at $2500.  I'm sorry that you're unhappy with your distributor, here are the names of the next two closest distributors. 
(both of whom are two states away). 

I'm guessing I won't hear back from them, or if I do, it will be whining about charging them. 

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Oakleaf98 said:

Because you are now too old and so is your music.from the perspective of the program directors.

The reason for this is because their advertisers want a certain demographic who will spend more money on their products than people of your demographic group.

You are going to have to find some "oldies stations" that plays the music you enjoy.

This is something I've been dealing with since before the turn of the millennium

Welcome to adulthood part two.

GEM

• Like 6