Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Anybody got some spare change they can give me? A very nice 1969 Corvette with 14k miles on it is up on auction at BringATrailer. 

Only a mere $640k with 45 minutes left. I think I could scrounge up some coins from the couch. 

Oh, and do NOT look up what old pickup trucks are going for. This is a non-NSFW forum and the prices are just too obscene for here. 

Just saw a FB Marketplace ad for for a 1968 Chevelle SS with an asking price of $48K. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Not opposed to moving paint around. I just followed the names on the bottle at first. Some of those browns are colors such as brick red or something red.

Luckily I have another paint rack I can assemble. However, I have run out of super glue. T__T 

There are many ways to organize your paint rack, but in the end nearly everyone comes back to doing it by SKU.  Not me, I just throw them into a box which is why I only use the same ten paints for everything.  Orc skin?  Olive Drab.  Ranger cloak?  Olive drab.  Troll?  Olive Drab.  WW2 US Army Ranger?  Hot Pink, because they're gonna be looking for people dressed as army guys.  

• Haha 13

48 minutes ago, TripleH said:

Just saw a FB Marketplace ad for for a 1968 Chevelle SS with an asking price of $48K. 

That’s a bargain! I only found a dime, 3 M&Ms, and a pencil in the cushions, so no 60’s muscle car for me today. 

Wife says I don’t need any more vehicles. I’ve only got the two, and one is a summer-only type car. A Jeep is not a pickup! I needs one! For … uh… hauling things! And that ‘73 Ferrari Dingo! That’s the car that was in my favorite Richard Scarry book! And that 6x6, cause snow!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

There are many ways to organize your paint rack, but in the end nearly everyone comes back to doing it by SKU.  Not me, I just throw them into a box which is why I only use the same ten paints for everything.  Orc skin?  Olive Drab.  Ranger cloak?  Olive drab.  Troll?  Olive Drab.  WW2 US Army Ranger?  Hot Pink, because they're gonna be looking for people dressed as army guys.  

I still sort by colour, probably because I like to reach and grab a shade up or down as I'm working... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Last night we had to say goodbye to our oldest cat, Alex.  She was almost 18.  

IMG_0910.thumb.JPG.e5746aa34cd95641742a2e5d6e732491.JPG20170215_203856.thumb.jpg.6681c8406aecd234b910caa6b41dd3e0.jpgIMG_2320.thumb.JPG.f10027bc2cb9d51579f74c12fbd723e4.JPG

Sorry to hear of your loss. Furry friends brings so much into our lives. She lived a great life & in return they give us an even better one.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Last question first:

Indigo is the name we give to colors that are in between Purple(Violets) and Blue?

And there are wars fought over where Purple belongs in the continuum. 

Indigo is only a color because Isaac Newton felt like there 'should' be 7 colors, and the wavelengths we perceive as 'blue' and 'purple' are a reasonably wide band, so he divided it into three instead of two.

the difference between blue and indigo is difficult for a large portion of the population to see as well. 

Then there are tetrachromats.....

• Like 8

Sure, being a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs is a bit concerning, but it could be worse: nine-tailed Kitsune in a room full of rocking chairs.

Edited by Arkady
  • Haha 14