Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

On 3/8/2022 at 11:32 AM, Chaoswolf said:

In today's weird news:

Sometime in the past few weeks,  Coca Cola released a new flavor; 'Starlight' Coke. The bottle says it tastes like space. It is, of course, limited edition. 

Anybody seen one in the wild? Better yet, has anyone tried it?

Hadn't heard of this, but now I want one. I will see if we have any when I run errands tomorrow (doubt it, we're not a big enough community for limited editions). Maybe instead of tasting like nothing, it tastes like dark matter... and frankly, if dark matter tastes like Coke, I can dig it.

On the other side of the soda wars, have you heard of the new Nitro Pepsi that is to be released this month? No carbonation/CO2, instead it has a widget and nitrogen to give it a head like a can of Guinness and a smooth, creamy texture. Not sure how I feel about it, and I am generally not a Pepsi consumer, but I am hoping to find a can when it's released to give it a try.

The change in work shifts has been rough sleep-wise, but right now it's not been an unwelcome change. The shift isn't fully staffed, and with equipment breakdowns and no maintenance personnel on that shift, my workload in the lab is much lighter. Bit of a mixed blessing as the nights drag on, but at least I'm not running around constantly feeling overwhelmed. Have some good co-workers, so we're getting along and in agreement about how we run things on our shift. Still having to get the hang of sleeping during the day, but eventually it will sort itself out.

Hope you all are well. Miss posting daily with you all, but the schedule doesn't leave much time for anything once I get home on the days when I have work. Such is life.

• Like 9

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I eventually got some solid sleep and my head feels worlds better. My stomach is not happy at all though. I'm sure some (a lot) of it is stress. I'm eating frozen green grapes and that seems to be helping. I'm probably going to go take another nap very soon.

• Like 10

Well, quiet day here at Casa Corsair. Did get some painting done, finished up my first 2 Stargrave crews worth of minis. [Well, one mini is still unfinished but he will be an add on later as I get the money for him].

• Like 6

On 3/10/2022 at 12:28 PM, Glitterwolf said:

WOOF FOOD LOG.

SATURDAY,

One massive food log deserves another (and I have catching up to do)…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

G.R.F.F.N Food Log:

Stardate: 20220227

to

Stardate: 20220302

The attack of the chicken sandwiches!

F27BA3DE-4C49-48F9-9C59-05CF2475B639.thumb.jpeg.919626e4441ef0930c5c7a9aa49b2445.jpeg
Chicken Lettuce Mayo. There may have been diced tomato in the little cup or maybe a mustard blend. Memory bank failure. 

C060B4A1-4623-468A-96F6-43F8A9DFA789.thumb.jpeg.a1f8226868b55be42c32fbd548e10c42.jpeg

This one was Chicken, Lettuce, Tomato, Swiss? …with mustard. Fork for scale. 

E4D5EFD5-63A8-4E90-937D-CA59CD849C75.thumb.jpeg.3ba0849447a9d0ed732c2ecd8227251c.jpeg
This may be sandwich number one with crisps added. Or a second try at the same stacking order (it’s a bit much to grace it by calling it a recipe).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1