Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Well crap, thought the 'hawks had a game tonight & had plans around listening to it while I cleaned up the table in the garage for the game tomorrow & it's tomorrow night they have a game. With my schedule & start time, I'll probably miss it too, versus Seattle too. Oh well, still need to clean the table up, just won't be as entertaining. :upside:

Do need to think about dinner, most likely pizza, but from where..........

• Like 6

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.png.240a0beadb2b8b9807c6a3118e88af0f.png

Cushla Macree.....

The Auld Grump - Blame Phil Reed - I was in blissful ignorance until he felt the need to share.....

4 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

You are much too nice to be a real wolf.  I think you're actually a Lab.  A Lab in wolf's clothing!  Think about it - you were in the navy.  Wolves don't like water, but Labs?  You can't keep a Lab out of the sea.  I'm on to you and your whole doghouse of lies, and the next time I'm near you in person I'm gonna throw a frisbee and blow your disguise.  

lab.jpg.83272e3d025abdeb5f3943971ceca2c3.jpg

Somewhere out there is video of a zoologist speaking about the inherent dignity of wolves... in the middle of which, one of the wolves romps over, flops on its back, and waggles all four paws in the air.

Omegas... ya can't take them anywhere....

The Auld Grump

• Haha 9
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

image.png.240a0beadb2b8b9807c6a3118e88af0f.png

Cushla Macree.....

The Auld Grump - Blame Phil Reed - I was in blissful ignorance until he felt the need to share.....

In a just universe, such a thing would not exist.

And just realized that I am yet again procrastinating. The coffee isn't work. This has happened to me on several of my days off this year and I'm not satisfied with my productivity so shall discuss this with my management. Now to figure out how to get that squishy grey matter out to give it a good talking to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Last Sunday, there was a incident over on the eastern part of town ("bad" side of town, but also where the city has put most of the retail shops, so you gotta go through it to get to them....:rolleyes:). Ast manager said she seen a body being carried out of van on a street corner where trucks leaving a truck stop have to go if they wanna get back on the interstate.  The body was being hauled out of a van by state or city officials. When i got home my wife said she saw hazmat crews in & around the van, along with a very bright light/spotlight set up (this I've seen in action a few months ago when they were investigating a murder scene behind my workplace).

Well today we found whys, hows & what's of the whole scene (Crack local reporting!). It appears a couple (man & woman) where living in the van, the man died of a fatal stab wound to the leg. The woman was held on suspicion but was released. Ummmm, ok then.

Ahhhh, murder capitol of Oregon! Sad thing is we have a higher per cap murder rate then Portland.  Thou with all the shootings, the Rose City has seen the past few months,  that may have changed. 

Here is thr link to the local paper story:

Homicide in Ontario OR

• Sad 10

As I feared would happen, as soon as the snow melted and before the temperature could get stable above 40 for more than a day, the rains have come.

The machinations of the channel 7 news time have been finely honed when it comes to inflicting of monsoon season here, thus giving the weeds a head start on the Spring Offensive. Combined with the way the dry air has done a number on my eyes, thus interfering with my painting time, and the chaos of the time change destroying my sleep schedule, I am getting the suspicion that Mothman and his foul minions are stepping up thier efforts to get me out of the way this year. 

• Like 6

On 3/17/2022 at 7:57 AM, redambrosia said:

Tbh, the fact that solar noon and clock noon aren’t at the same time has always annoyed me. And as a fair skinned person who turns red as a tomato under the influence of solar noon, it’s an important thing to know for me.

And like, why is midnight just a couple hours after the sun goes down sometimes??? This isn’t Alaska in midsummer. It’s MID-night. There should be as much dark time before as after!!!

That was something that took a lot of getting used to when I moved from California up to Washington: the fact that sunset can be anywhere from 3:30 to 9:30pm, depending on the time of year. There's something wrong about it still being light outside at 10pm. And I'm saying this as someone who has seen the wrong end of the sunrise far too often lol.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot 😄

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

WOOF's HQ DINNE REPORT.

Friday's Dinner:

Pork Ribs Slowcooked with Indonesian Spices for a few hours, then glazed with a Kecap/ChiliSauce/Lemon Juice/Sambal Oelek mix and Grilled.

Sweet Potato Fries from the Oven.

Salad

20220318_174635.jpg.d4e82bf2244bbf44d8338948afa23c17.jpg

• Like 12