Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

My dreams have gotten weird again. Even by my standards.

Driving the roads of Atlantis prior to it's sinking in my old 78 Cadillac with my friends from high school was more or less the usual level of oddity. Having to flee when the saucers started landing that were disgorging legions of dark armored beings that were attacking everything in sight...still not above and beyond.

Learning that they refered to themselves as the Algol is what took it over the top due to the fact that each time I've woken up I've been repeating to word because apparently I'm supposed to remember it. Algol is another name for ghoul, which I've been painting on and off for awhile now. It is also the name of a star. When I did some digging after I awoke, I learned it is one of what Agrippa refered to as the Behenian Stars which played a role in medieval astrology, being used in magical talismans. The plant related to Algol is the black hellebore which is poisonous and causes among other things burning of the eyes. Dry eye itchiness has been bothering me this last week something fierce and now I'm starting to wonder if maybe someone or something targeted me with one of these Algol talismans....

Either that or my subconscious is really having a field day with associations and is trying to encourage me to brush up on my research again.

• Like 7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Algol is another name for ghoul

Algol is one of the many stars with Arabic names. Gol or Ghūl means “Ghoul”. Al means “The”. 

Al Gol

The Ghoul

• Like 8

On 3/18/2022 at 12:52 PM, ShadowRaven said:

So, I'm having an interesting time of the last 24 hours. I used to believe that my moms family where Volga Germans from Eastern Russia. Nope, not the case. They were Black Sea Germans, from what is now Odessa Ukraine. Seems I've even still got relatives there. Normally that would have just been an interesting point of family history. Normally there isn't, let's be on the safe side of the forum rules, and call it 'extreme levels of unrest', in the region your relatives (including a great uncle, whom I believe I may have met when I was little) were born.  Of course I don't personally know anyone there. so it's not frightening in that regard, it's just very weird. 

Oh my heck! Me too! I actually found a record of one of my ancestors selling property in Alsace-Lorraine to move to Odessa. I don't know if there are any stragglers, but I do have a relative with my name in Germany who has a little flower shop. Most of the German Ukranians who left settled in the Dakotas, so you might have family there, too.  

Are we...gasp!...related? We're from the same part of the world...

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Oh my heck! Me too! I actually found a record of one of my ancestors selling property in Alsace-Lorraine to move to Odessa. I don't know if there are any stragglers, but I do have a relative with my name in Germany who has a little flower shop. Most of the German Ukranians who left settled in the Dakotas, so you might have family there, too.  

MV5BNDk1MzRhYWUtODNhMy00ZTg1LTg0ZTktNjQ5

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Yup. They left Odessa and moved to South Dakota, then from there to Southern Alberta. We may in fact be somewhere in each other's family tree. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I bought Ryobi tools for $100 (new), first tools ever, for home repairing and other diy projects in my head. Took me one hour to put up 2 six feet curtain rods. 😃

20220318_202425.thumb.jpg.940bd63aa4bf72cb4ac4f74a52367b90.jpg

Other adult tasks completed:

‐ Blood stains removed from clothes.

- Blankets washed and dried.

- Seeds harvested from jalapeños and bell peppers. Going to try and grow a garden eventually. Note... don't touch your face after harvesting pepper seeds. Should have worn gloves. Haha

- Weeds plucked from 1/4 of the backyard and more to go. Need to save that lemon tree.

- Baked lemon bread from said lemon tree. ^.^

20220319_130044.thumb.jpg.b1bb9e3668f3dde9a7a0191db8d1115f.jpg

20220319_164845.thumb.jpg.5b0348dbeeddda4858f4414498b1f518.jpg

• Like 16

7 days on one day off, I open again tomorrow but then have Monday off.... it has been a very long 7 days. went to IHOP today for fun and then ran around doing other things around the closest largish city near us, about an hour away. I finally finished this PbP post and got it up. things are heating up..... I am getting a bit on the excited side.... firefight on spaceships always make me giddy... ahhhh forget I said that. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

My dreams have gotten weird again. Even by my standards.

Driving the roads of Atlantis prior to it's sinking in my old 78 Cadillac with my friends from high school was more or less the usual level of oddity. Having to flee when the saucers started landing that were disgorging legions of dark armored beings that were attacking everything in sight...still not above and beyond.

Learning that they refered to themselves as the Algol is what took it over the top due to the fact that each time I've woken up I've been repeating to word because apparently I'm supposed to remember it. Algol is another name for ghoul, which I've been painting on and off for awhile now. It is also the name of a star. When I did some digging after I awoke, I learned it is one of what Agrippa refered to as the Behenian Stars which played a role in medieval astrology, being used in magical talismans. The plant related to Algol is the black hellebore which is poisonous and causes among other things burning of the eyes. Dry eye itchiness has been bothering me this last week something fierce and now I'm starting to wonder if maybe someone or something targeted me with one of these Algol talismans....

Either that or my subconscious is really having a field day with associations and is trying to encourage me to brush up on my research again.

My first thought when you mentioned ALGOL was the programming language...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I bought Ryobi tools for $100 (new), first tools ever, for home repairing and other diy projects in my head. Took me one hour to put up 2 six feet curtain rods. 😃

20220318_202425.thumb.jpg.940bd63aa4bf72cb4ac4f74a52367b90.jpg

friendly bit of good advice. The impact driver (drill like one at the back behind the other drill) will destroy regular sockets, invest in some proper impact sockets.  That said, good set of tools to have around. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Is that a reciprocating saw?  You might be able to get those dandelions out with that.  Get an extra battery for it, they don't last long if they're cordless. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6