Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on a bit of a thin connection now, so I won’t go back and quote anyone in particular, but … when I have been having a long gap in painting and I am having trouble getting restarted, I like to get back to basics. I usually grab my travel paint kit with its limited palette, one brush, and one figure ( usually already primed…) and paint it from start to finish in one sitting. Finishing something usually unblocks me. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

image.png.7b681e074b4ea9a3ff08b51c83956f04.png

We have a semi reasonable amount of them here in our national parks, especially around Jasper.  It took a few years, but they did reduce animal and vehicle collisions in the areas they were built. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rob Dean said:

I am on a bit of a thin connection now, so I won’t go back and quote anyone in particular, but … when I have been having a long gap in painting and I am having trouble getting restarted, I like to get back to basics. I usually grab my travel paint kit with its limited palette, one brush, and one figure ( usually already primed…) and paint it from start to finish in one sitting. Finishing something usually unblocks me. 

I find it also helps to go do something entirely different for a while. Like gardening, getting out of the house, catching up on movies, computer games, whatever.  Then come back to the paintwork with a fresh view of things. 

• Like 7