Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

I am having a horrible time doing anything with my hands. I sliced my right index finger up with another fingernail (go figure) a couple days ago. Hurts like hell but it seems to be healing well.

In other news my new glasses got here. I'm in love. You can change out the decorative frame top, they stick with magnets to the base frame. I got the prescription glasses and 4 tops. I ordered 4 more today because I forgot sunglasses and why not? I will get some pictures up later.

• Like 12
  • Sad 4

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

I live "up north" where we get snowflakes as late as May 1st.  Given that it'll be in the low 30's later this week and there's a 90% chance of precipitation I won't be surprised to see snow.  

I've woken up with snow on the tent when camping in the Rockies in late July.  So at altitude or higher latitudes it's possible just about any time of year.

GEM

• Like 6

On 3/22/2022 at 7:25 PM, Great Khan Artist said:

Legit question here: Who was thinking of running the ergonomics while painting seminar at RCon? Turns out it's not work that's killing my back, it's my paint table. Tips and tricks desperately needed!

To alleviate the inevitable kinks/pain in my neck from looking down when I paint, I intend to try the following:

1) cut a length of PVC pipe 2-3 inches in diameter to roughly the height of my shoulders to the desktop (when I am sitting down at the desk)

2) make some kind of stand to hold the post steady and not tip over (probably just cut a hole in a 1/2 inch thick piece of wood)

3) place my mini holder on top of the pipe/tower so I can look more head-on, and cut the height down if it is too high

4) elbows might get sore from sitting on the desktop for long periods of time, might buy a gel mat/pad to place on the desk to cushion it.

Again, my goal is to avoid looking downwards as much as possible, but not to have to look directly into my lamps either, while still being at a comfortable height to keep my arms on the table so my brush can get at the mini. I imagine this will also keep my back straighter too.

I might aim for a length below my shoulders since my mini holders are about 2-3 inches tall already, and the minis are usually another 2-3 inches. Haven't tried this yet, but I have been wanting to. Given that I need to replace my light source anyways and may need to build something to install what I am thinking of, one more small project isn't going to take much time.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:32 PM, redambrosia said:

An ergonomics while painting class sounds great. I haven’t painted in a while, because my hands go numb when I do. I’d really love to solve that problem.

Which hand goes numb? Brush hand, mini hand, or both? And how do you hold your hands when painting (pressed together for support/steadiness, resting against the table, etc)?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2022 at 10:30 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-21 100019.jpg

This really looks more like a yawn…

…a “Imma-gonna-bite-yore-face-off as soon as I completely wake up” sort of yawn. (Which is only what a fool that would wake a sleeping Leopard deserves.)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pegazus said:

That’s what Smart Brain would say. But I am dealing with Stupid Brain and Stupid Brain worries about stupid things. 

Been there, done that, still doing it every now and then.

Went to an Argentinian Restaurant last night with friends.

So WOOF's FOOD LOG is now a commercial one..

Empanadas/Nachos

Beef Tenderloin Tips with Mushrooms/onions and Chilisauce with a small frittata

Dessert with Ice Cream/Chocolate Mousse/Whipped Cream/Crem Brulee/Fruit and Cheesecake

20220326_184735.thumb.jpg.55fa705c66b72e924d135a80106aa7ee.jpg20220326_184738.jpg.c9918e9d1fdfdda7b223650c24eca5b9.jpg20220326_192026.thumb.jpg.ee19e2a393b9586cd8fc9b816864c95d.jpg20220326_195903.thumb.jpg.36293fac239fb3e1ee7b7fde12dcad38.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I guess all that silly worrying helped. I nearly forgot my company badge that would be needed to get into the facility! Then my nice headphones and the rental car rewards card. Neither of those last two are strictly needed, but something I wanted to take.

Laid down in bed and walked through my entire typical day one last time and remembered those two. Badges I'd remembered earlier and a lot of the stress ebbed from that point. I actually slept well and dreamed of the new US army tank having a completely round turret and painted in late 80's shades of brown. Ugly as sin so happy it doesn't really exist.

• Like 10

Safely at the hotel. Well, steakhouse near the hotel. Man has ReaperCon spoiled me on hotels. Where I am at is just not a nice. No evening reception, no spacious gallery. Just… hotel. 

Here’s hoping tomorrow is a short work day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8