Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

37 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Man, I shouldn't have said anything.  The universe decided to punish me by sending me a series of PEBKAC* problems. 

Hide contents

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

We used to refer to that as "A short-circuit between the headphones."

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RTB Pro-Tips! SKU#30008 Elf Wizard, Alaedril! 3-28-22.  Started at 11:31 AM.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

ETA: Anne won a Privateer Press Grand Master Silver trophy at Adepticon for her Borka bust.  She said it was her first trophy in 20 years.  Anne didn't enter anything in Golden Demon.  This time she wanted to research how they judge it these days.

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Hooboy. The “Continental” breakfast? Handed a breakfast sandwich and pointed to where the microwave was.

Um… I ain’t doing that tomorrow. I will be fighting for time for lunch. I will need a better meal. 

Luckily, I know where Waffle House is.

One thing I learned quickly from all those Rocky Horror conventions I used to attend... When you check into the hotel, ask them to write down good directions to any and all restaurants and 24-hr. convenience stores within a five-minute drive, particularly if they're within walking distance.

Also, bring enough food with you (if possible) to last until you acquire that information.

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Man, I shouldn't have said anything.  The universe decided to punish me by sending me a series of PEBKAC* problems. 

Hide contents

The root cause of all ID10T errors...

• Like 7

4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Reveal hidden contents

While attached to the West Coast Replacement Air Group [VF-121] in the Navy we would get all sorts of "interesting" reports of equipment failure every time there was a new class of rookie pilots and Radar Intercept Officers [back seaters].  Most of the problems related to airplane drivers were somebody else's to deal with but most of the back seat equipment was my shops bailiwick.

Many of these "interesting" problems were fixed as follows:  "Placed On/Off switch in On position, system checks good."  This report submitted after about a half hour of running diagnostics to make sure everything was Okey-Dokey.

GEM

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Many of these "interesting" problems were fixed as follows:  "Placed On/Off switch in On position, system checks good."  This report submitted after about a half hour of running diagnostics to make sure everything was Okey-Dokey.

GEM

On Friday afternoon, one of the other techs was stuck on the phone helping a site with a problem he can't seem to resolve so he contacts me. I start with the basics, like "has it been rebooted", to which he tells me "yes, multiple times".  So I ask him for a bunch of other info, most of which is easiest to get via a screen shot.  As I'm looking over the screenshot he sent me, right there at the bottom of screen shot I notice the timestamp for the last reset - 8:30pm on Thu night.  So I ask him when the last time he asked them to reboot it was, and he tells me "right before I asked you for help." 

I then point him to the time stamp. 

"Son of a broccoli!!!!!!!!!!" was his response. 

The whole time he had been helping them on Friday, they had been rebooting the wrong device.  And he hadn't noticed. 

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Hooboy. The “Continental” breakfast? Handed a breakfast sandwich and pointed to where the microwave was.

Sometimes those breakfasts are lame. FWP. 

I like a fresh breakfast burrito. Hard to find a good one. 

• Like 4