• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

\m/ \m/

6 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Thanks! Pretty sure he will be. But ya worry about yer fur babies. 

Having fun at part two of my medical Tuesday with the wife. The sinus infection isn’t the root cause of her problems. There’s a growth that’s blocked her nasal passage and we will get the biopsy results in a few days. 

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

47 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I think I want to do this as a diorama for Reapercon.

DO EET!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Having fun at part two of my medical Tuesday with the wife. The sinus infection isn’t the root cause of her problems. There’s a growth that’s blocked her nasal passage and we will get the biopsy results in a few days. 

Hope the results are benign. Nasal polyps are pretty common. My SIL has some removed years ago and it did wonders for her. 

Sampling some pineapple habanero sesame snacks before dinner.  Disappointingly light on the habanero flavor. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That second picture reminds me of a conversation that occurred many years ago while I in the Navy.

I just got back from the Exchange (military department store) and was showing off the new tapes I had just bought when a guy comes over and sees one by Testament (they're a heavy metal band).

He asks " Oh, are they a religious band?" 

I didn't have the heart to go into too much detail, so I just said, 'No they're a rock band.'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

image.png.71e87ed68147d959a911b88cb6b75c3d.png

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

I think I want to do this as a diorama for Reapercon.

Give the saucer a bright red paintjob, that way the shoot down is an honest mistake. 

And this:

image.thumb.jpeg.38568acd8b4f8a19af038ed59084ffd8.jpeg
…for each side of his doghouse (Sopwith camel).  He is an American  Beagle, so Lafayette Escadrille insignia would be perfect. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TGP said:

image.png.71e87ed68147d959a911b88cb6b75c3d.png

Give the saucer a bright red paintjob, that way the shoot down is an honest mistake. 

And this:

image.thumb.jpeg.38568acd8b4f8a19af038ed59084ffd8.jpeg
…for each side of his doghouse (Sopwith camel).  He is an American  Beagle, so Lafayette Escadrille insignia would be perfect. 

>Inserts tongue firmly in cheek<  And you can name the aliens Peter and Paul.  {If you've seen the movie Paul you will get the joke|.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Load just got here, not huge,  but not small either. Mostly GM dept junk, gotta love the pallet that is 2 centimeters too tall to fit into the back door, thus has to be split to be moved....<_<

Snowing off & on too tonight....Go home spring, you're drunk!

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

WOOF FOOD LOG

Monday's Dinner:

Spaghetti with Bacon/Shrooms/Zucchini/Red Wine/Garlic/Tomato Paste/Grated Cheese

20220411_174824.jpg.90d1c7a4fe84daef1aaa2b359116a114.jpg

Tuesday's Dinner:

Fussili with Chicken Teriyaki/Shrooms/Red Bell Pepper/Zucchini./Cashews

20220412_175047.jpg.6110025e3d2bf053dff93ea06dec747e.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

15 hours ago, sumbloke said:
On 4/12/2022 at 7:16 AM, Chaoswolf said:

that way lies madness.

You can tell which way madness lies? I thought it was more a general "here" sort of thing.

Um... why are you people watching me while I sleep? That's kinda creepy. :blink:

On 4/11/2022 at 3:24 PM, Sylverthorne said:

SNOW. In Washington. In APRIL, for dog's sake! 

The latest I've ever seen snow here in CT was JUNE... Granted it was just a few flakes, but it happened.

On 4/12/2022 at 12:45 AM, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Amusingly the day after the abomination was installed the transformer down the street blew out around 1 am. I assume that the Visible From Space streetlights had something to do with that.

It's those damn teenage Moon People shooting at it with their ray guns while joyriding in their parents' space landers.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Morning.

Yesterday, a distributor tech emailed me asking about an issue a site was having - site wants to order a $1500 part to address, but tech is hesitant.  While reviewing the site, I fired up some connection diagnostic software to see if that revealed anything useful. It did not.  I gave the tech a list of other, much less expensive things to try before ordering that expensive part. 

So this morning I came in to find that I had accidently left the diagnostic software running overnight. But it turns out that was a good thing - it logged an hours worth of serious latency issues, most likely caused by a failing cable modem or Comcast's infrastructure in the area.  In either case, it revealed a problem that replacing our $1500 part will not fix. 

Of course, if it is not a failing cable modem, it won't be easy to convince Comcast it's their issue.  The site is in for a rough time. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 5