Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

And as I posted, kristof posts yet another frustration and I get kicked from the VM again.

Hiya Monday. Glad to see you enjoying your job. 

Someone should sculpt the anthropomorphic representation of Monday. I’d buy it. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pegazus said:

Someone should sculpt the anthropomorphic representation of Monday. I’d buy it. 

I vote we name it “Murph”. 

Do you figure Murph would dual-wield a Spanner and Monkey-wrench?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TGP said:

I vote we name it “Murph”. 

Do you figure Murph would dual-wield a Spanner and Monkey-wrench?

Monkey wrench for sure. Maybe a handful of stripped gears in the other. 

Just got the tech call. Will be dropping it off at 11am and then back tomorrow hopefully. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Do what?! CU’s tuition in-state right now was more than my son’s out of state tuition at USF Tampa. He’s up at CSU now (friends ya see). Daughter is starting to look and CU is nearly out of the running because of how high it is. And for comparison, she’s looking at Austin. Maybe I should look closer at things. 

TBH, I'm going strictly by what my BiL, SiL and my nieces have told me. It may have to do with the oldest wanting to be a pediatrician, while her younger sister is looking at different degrees, but I don't know. 

With my son deciding early on in his high school years that he was going to join the Navy, it wasn't something had to research.  Probably need to start soon for my daughter, but she's just getting to Junior High next year. 

3 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

I couldn't do you job. I would be far to inclined to ask "how do you manage to run a business, and be so stupid at the same time?"

So there are really two key reasons I can do my job:
1. Working from home, and often times being here completely alone.  I can hang up the phone and say whatever I want at whatever volume I want. Being able to vent here helps, too. 

2. My ex-wife was an expert at being able to switch to a "phone personality" when picking up the phone and I picked up that skill from her.  It was infuriating witnessing her do it while we were arguing - phone would ring, she would pick it up and be maddeningly sweet to whomever was on the other end, then hang up and go right back to screaming at me - but I have to admit that I saw her do it so often I figured out how to do it myself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

The Easter Bunny has brought us snow. 

I had been hoping to get to work with my new rototiller today, but it looks like that isn't happening until later in the week at best. I have carefully noted this in the Book, and next year's Easter prep is going to include some rabbit traps and a stock pot....

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Finally talked to phone tag guy.   Can't even help him because his IT guy has everything too locked down, so will have to work with IT guy. Hopefully the IT guy is willing to use email (and understands terms like "port forwarding", "IP scan", and "DHCP Reservation.")    My guess is that he will, and this will be resolved in 1-2 emails. 

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Yesterday afternoon, despite being a fairly warm sunny day, we had a serious five-minute hailstorm with 5mm chunks of ice falling like rain.

That is basically BB size hail. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, TGP said:

That is basically BB size hail. 

Yeah, it made a hell of a racket coming down so hard - in five minutes, it accumulated enough that I could look out my window and see visible white spots all over my lawn. And yet within fifteen minutes it was all gone again...

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Not good news for my laptop. Tech took one look at it and was shocked by how old it was. I may have the last one in the corporation! Yay me!

Sounds like someone is getting a new laptop soon? 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Nine out of the ten voices in my head are saying that I'm crazy, the last one is just humming. 

Mmm_mmm_singlecover.jpg

& now that one is in your head for a few. You're welcome!!

4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

ISU in Ames.  I'd be happy if she chose any Iowa college, but the one in Ames is a lot closer to us than most. 

I fear it's going to be a fight with her parents to go to an out of state school. Her sister wanted to go to U of Oregon, but wound up going to CU. That was a clear financial decision though - out of state and no scholarship vs in state and scholarship.  Though my niece was telling me that she has enough of a scholarship to ISU to make it comparable to her in state choice in terms of tuition cost, meaning she has a better shot than her sis did. She's really hoping that our proximity will be able to override her dad's desire for her to go a school closer to home.  Right now his biggest valid objection to Iowa is "I want you close enough that I can be there quickly if you need me." 

UO is a nice school. I really wish I would have put more thought into college back after graduation, but at the time I was so tired of school, I just didn't want to do anther 4 years of it.

21 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Yeah, it made a hell of a racket coming down so hard - in five minutes, it accumulated enough that I could look out my window and see visible white spots all over my lawn. And yet within fifteen minutes it was all gone again...

Sounds like what we got last week, short hail storm & then it was almost gone after it hit the ground. Easter brought us warmer weather, especially after what we got last week. It's really nice out there now. I should try & do something in the backyard, but I woke up about 30 mins ago, so I'm still in the "ehh, who cares mode."

I do need to seal off that giant snake I spray painted over the weekend, mainly so it's not one big glossy miniature. While priming, I noticed Steamforged Games added a egg of their own to the mini. Inside the coils is a fedora. It's laying on the ground. :winkthumbs:

• Like 7