Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

It's nice that you have a clicky pencil for each Harpy. Stops any fighting over them ::D:

I wondered what all those identical mechanical pencils were for. Being Harpies they will probably fight over just one of the colours. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

31 minutes ago, TGP said:

I wondered what all those identical mechanical pencils were for. Being Harpies they will probably fight over just one of the colours. 

Our players are incredibly picky about the clicky pencils - they usually bring their own to stop such complaints as "it's not the colour of my football team", "I don't want the purple one" and "why does X keep on hoarding all of them"(usually followed by denials and the realization that X has attracted all the pencils yet again)

• Haha 10

10 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Might just be me; my one encounter with stinging nettle left me with visible marks that took a little while to go away. 

Not willing to do it again just to test the theory, honestly; the plant said 'no', and I'mma respect that!

I've seen some good reactions to stinging nettle. For myself it doesn't do much. Mild itch and possibly tiny red dots. Other people get large red, very itchy patches from a minor touch. There's lots of it in the damper spots around here. My personal best encounter was playing paintball. I was sneaking through a waist high patch of it and decide to lay down when I spotting the enemy. I honestly thought my camo shirt would protect me but it was a lighter material and not denim. Wasn't terribly itchy luckily but I had spots from my belt up, all my torso, armpits and back side of both arms. Faded away in about a half hour.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5

Looks like I'll be putting an order in with Rosemary and Co soon.  Not just because I want to try their brushes, but also because hey, they have some of the styles of brush I want to get my paws on...  Like the Series 60 Sword Liner.   I want nice brushes for when I'm doing oils, and I love the feel of my Raphael 8404's...  But this also means I get to try out another company ~and~ keep things colour coded so I know which brushes are for what ^_^

• Like 7

6 hours ago, TGP said:

It's my game/hobby table in the garage. Those are pencils for the players if they need one. Gotta use those RCon cups for something. :lol:

6 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Our players are incredibly picky about the clicky pencils - they usually bring their own to stop such complaints as "it's not the colour of my football team", "I don't want the purple one" and "why does X keep on hoarding all of them"(usually followed by denials and the realization that X has attracted all the pencils yet again)

My players are pretty good about bringing supplies, these are just in case they need one (or 2). It's funny I look at that pic & I notice on top of the Tamiya can is the fighter's PC mini. It's a Nolzur's female in plate armor with a greatsword. I need to paint the base black, as it looks just as bad as a primered/unpainted figure right now. Currently has a silver sprayed coat on it with a dark wash. Pretty effective, tbh.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, kitchen_wolf said:

Sometimes I feel that a miniature or monster manual entry is unnecessarily strange. 

image.png.5751455b293d04bde78d6b01291f75a3.png

Feelings are nonsense.

Oh @TaleSpinner!!!!! :lol:

Arghhh!! Here I thought I had all the basic colors in Tamiya X lineup (their gloss acrylic bottle paint), but for some reason I can't find X7 (red). I'd just use a red for elsewhere but I need to mix it with anther color, so I want fully compatible formulas. In my last supply order, I also picked up Tamiya lacquer bottle paints, which btw are fantastic to use. They are pretty much their spray paint but in a bottle form. I did a test last night on a bare Bones Nagendra warrior (sword & board style) & the paint just flowed onto the figure without primer. So far, the paint hasn't tacked up yet or peeled off. This might be something to think about in the future. Also great thing about these lacquers is the brushes wash easily in Winsor Newton Brush cleaner. So I guess the big bottle of Tamiya lacquer thinner I bought was all for naught. I'll still need it when I spray these paints from the airbrush thou.

Anyways, I was going to do a small order for some lacqs along with the X7 from the same company & I find out they are out of stock on X7! Aghhhh! So I decided to look at Bay of E instead. I come across a seller named "spraygunner" out of Florida. Apparently they are "All things paint" kinda store. When I was on my break last night at work I came across them during a Google for Stylenrez colored primers. I may have to order for them.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1