Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

28 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question

Can you have too many little Dinos?

20220428_151635.jpg

I'd say not, but this guy may disagree with me. 

Peter-Stormare-in-The-Lost-World-Jurassic-Park.jpg.5eeb089b4490192fa96710099166ca2c.jpg

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

I'm stealing some of the names from that hike for my fantasy world. Especially Stank Glen. That name is just too great to not use in a game some time. Something like "The villagers say they've seen the monster up on Stank Glen, they can give you some vague directions to get there, but tell you to just follow the smell."

I don't think that they'll complain, as long as you don't send them to this place

43879615_image(2).jpg.637bb2a50d2b5fa3b7cfabe6b102d13e.jpg

• Haha 13

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

@Mad Jack and @Chaoswolf: On too many minis/not enough storage, I also find that it has to be storage which is properly organized to permit me to get out the piece I’m looking for, whether a painted object for a game or an unpainted object for painting when I need it.  I’m spending too much time these days stacking and unstacking boxes looking for “something”.

That's actually my biggest problem; I have yet to come with a good solution for it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I just found out that the Royal Shakespeare Company are doing a stage show based on one of my favorite ever films, My Neighbour Totoro :wub::wub::wub:

mnt_desktop_totoro_800x1149.thumb.png.503e44b36770ce9d81f5167e8211d998.png

Which is totally awesome, but how the heck are they going to do Cat Bus?!?!?

Catbus.jpg.736b4d82b8bff72825a0f30a70d158dd.jpg

• Like 12

Morning everyone. 

Kind of cloudy out and suppose to rain and have some 'events' today, and the softball game... I will miss my youngest son's vocal concert because of the softball game, but he is ok with it. I am not doing bad just some discomfort today... The Bassetts are chasing each other in the house.. and making a hellva racket... lol. it is better then them growling at each other. sorry had to let them out side. It is my first of three days off in a row... I am excited. 

My PbP is going good and I just put the starting post up for my GURPS Traveller Discord group. I have one who is a total newbie at roleplaying. I made the characters, but I had them come up with a description. She says she has fun doing that, so I think she will work out well. one of the others has played 5e before and is curious about GURPS. I think he will do well too. 

I hope everyone is doing the best they can, and if not hang in there, I am cheering for you, just with out the outfit and pom poms. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question

Without the little dinos, you'd never get the big ones. 😉

Growing pains in the new job. Hands are not happy with me, sore and needing ice, but it was expected to happen at some point. Lots of hand exercises to stretch and strengthen... and ice. We finally had almost a full 8 hours of production last night, enough parts came in so I finally got a feel for what a "normal" shift feels like. No regrets switching jobs; I've been able to spend more time with family (including canine companions) than in at the old job, and I don't miss the drive one bit.

Painting will definitely have to wait until the hands are accustomed to everything.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

@Mad Jack and @Chaoswolf: On too many minis/not enough storage, I also find that it has to be storage which is properly organized to permit me to get out the piece I’m looking for, whether a painted object for a game or an unpainted object for painting when I need it.  I’m spending too much time these days stacking and unstacking boxes looking for “something”.

Basically everything I have is packed in figure cases or cardboard boxes - I only own a handful of painted figures, but all my unpainted plastic/resin stuff is sitting in various cardboard boxes and my metal stuff is all in a giant stack of Chessex cases.

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

In line with my previous response, there's no such thing as too many dinos, just not enough table space for them... ::D:

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Here's my solution. I like to store mine in Chessex style cases*, and at last count, I have about 135 of them in various sizes.  I hot stamped** a "case number" into the plastic both ends, and the top of each case.   I have a spreadsheet that references the case number  and tells me what the color and size of each case is, and what the contents are supposed to be.  A print out of that hangs in my game/painting area. The boxes themselves are stacked 6-8 high in the cabinets and shelves of my gaming area. 

I often still have to look through several boxes to find what I want, but being able to consult the numbered list and knowing that I need to look in (FREX) boxes 12, 22 and 43, and that all of those are large cases and not medium still saves a ton of time than my previous system of just trying to find the boxes I need to look in. 

*I say "Chessex style" because I buy mine from the same manufacturer Chessex does - Flambeau - and they have a couple different sizes of that same case style (V-series) that Chessex doesn't offer.  I do have to cut my own foam/make my own inserts, but even doing that the costs are significantly cheaper. 

** I started the case numbers by putting a label on the end of each box, but the texture of the case meant my labels kept falling off.   I made my own hot stamp set by purchasing a set of metal stamping punches 0-9 at Harbor Freight.  I use an old electric pancake griddle to keep the stamps hot, then a pair of pliers to carefully pick up the number I need and stamp it into the plastic. After it clools, I use a sharp knife to clear away the "flashing" that pressing the stamp in creates, then fill in the numbers with a Sharpie. It would be nicer (and look neater) to have a dedicated tool for hot stamping, but this set up cost me less than $20.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

*I say "Chessex style" because I buy mine from the same manufacturer Chessex does - Flambeau - and they have a couple different sizes of that same case style (V-series) that Chessex doesn't offer.  I do have to cut my own foam/make my own inserts, but even doing that the costs are significantly cheaper. 

:blink:   Duly noted.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Here's my solution. I like to store mine in Chessex style cases*, and at last count, I have about 135 of them in various sizes.

HOLY MOLY!  I thought I had a lot of those cases, but I'm an amateur compared to you. I've only got 20 of them.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Hmmm, to be bad and get a second printer, a full on kit... Or to get some of the other things on my list that won't make hubby as cranky about it initially... 

Tough call, wouldn't hurt to have a second printer...   On the other though, I'd be able to get a bunch of brushes and oil paints... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5