Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is definitely Monday. 

The service manager said I need to handle all calls, because he's busy and the other tech hasn't shown up yet (typical for a Monday).  Problem is that the receptionist is off this week, and I have no means of getting calls left on her VM, and for service VMs, I have to wait for the system to email me, which can take up to 20 minutes.  Do you known how many times someone can call in 20 minutes? 

On top of that, once again, I learn about something not from the proper channels, but from a customer who wants it to work today.

I'm am the only person who knows how to properly configure the connection for our system to communicate with a phone app. I'm fine with this*, but sales and shipping are not telling me who they're selling these options to, and the service tech handling new system installation support (usually the service manager) is not telling me either.   So I find out about them either from the site owner/manager themselves or our contact at the app developer company. 

This wouldn't be a big deal, except that it requires some setup in the customer network, which means I usually have to track down who's in charge of that. Which pisses me off when it's a new system installation, because that's something the installation support service tech has to do as well for some other system setup stuff.  If anyone would give me advance notice, I could make sure the installation support tech does that portion of the setup at the same time they do the other customer network setup. 

So to get a break from all that, i decided to go out to lunch.  On my way down the dirt road by my house, some idiot in a Nissan Juke fails to stop at his stop sign, and pulls right out in front of me causing me to slam on my brakes - he was looking at his passenger seat while turning left in front of me to go the opposite direction.   Caught this on my dash cam, so when I got back, I went to pop out the micro SD card, only to have it eject onto my steering wheel, then slip into the dash itself.  Going to have to remove some of the plastic panels to get in there and find it. 

*even though I've written up a detailed step by step instruction list for the other service techs on how to properly set it up. 

• Sad 16

Posted (edited)

You think you're having a crappy day... I just found out I have 3 days to get my lousy landlord to pay the power bill or I'm sitting in the dark. You can't paint miniatures in the dark. 

@strawhat That was the funniest thing that's happened to me all day. Thank you. 

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Sad 18

Kwindy told us there will be no more streams on Reaper's Twitch channel today.  I saw Rhonda (host of Beyond the Kit) on Saturday's stream in Denton, so I'm guessing she's still there now or traveling.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

You think you're having a crappy day... I just found out I have 3 days to get my lousy landlord to pay the power bill or I'm sitting in the dark. You can't paint miniatures in the dark. 

Oh no!

Can you pay it, and deduct it from your rent? 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Oh no!

Can you pay it, and deduct it from your rent? 

Yes, but it's an interesting situation as my rent auto-deducts from my account on the first business day of the month. The power company has been pretty good about it, seeing as I only found out today. I'm going to call the bank, let this month's payment go through and then cut off the auto pay. He can have a cheque for the remainder next month. I will call the power company tomorrow morning before work and pay it if I don't hear from him tonight. 

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Yes, but it's an interesting situation as my rent auto-deducts from my account on the first business day of the month. The power company has been pretty good about it, seeing as I only found out today. I'm going to call the bank, let this month's payment go through and then cut off the auto pay. He can have a cheque for the remainder next month. I will call the power company tomorrow morning before work and pay it if I don't hear from him tonight. 

Good luck, strange situation, hope you get it sorted out.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good luck, strange situation, hope you get it sorted out.

Unfortunately, and sadly, it's not that strange.  Happens far too often, at least according to the property management company I used to manage my last rental. She advises her property owners to have tenants pay for their utilities directly whenever possible because it reduces landlord liability.  Of course, her advice was limited to Colorado, things may be different in other states and countries. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

@strawhat That was the funniest thing that's happened to me all day. Thank you. 

I had a similar situation in 2011, the landlord thought property taxes didn't apply to him and after the county repossessed the house he had the gall to send his minion around to try and collect rent on a building he no longer owned. Of the four of us there I was the only one who didn't pay him since losing the building broke the lease on his end. 

• Like 8

To anyone that has this mini & the original metal version:

77116_w_1.jpg

Is there anything altered in that size vs the metal one? It doesn't appear so, but you never know.

thanks!

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, haldir said:

To anyone that has this mini & the original metal version:

77116_w_1.jpg

Is there anything altered in that size vs the metal one? It doesn't appear so, but you never know.

thanks!

I have a significantly modified Bones version of this. Weapons were swapped; limbs were re-posed. 

• Like 4