Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when stealing hubcaps was a popular pastime, according to what I heard from the old guys at the coffee counter years ago, a common antitheft system was to apply shortened razor blades under the rim. Even if one wasn't able to follow the blood trail, the bandaged fingertips would give away the neighborhood hubcap thief. A similar thing could be done with plates.

In a world were the insanity of reality insists on giving my imagination a run for it's money, it is reassuring that there are things that do not change and are nigh eternal...once again I have found that mowing the lawn has summoned rain.

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

The plates or the plate thief? :devil:

Well.... I kinda agree with Kuroneko...

16 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I'm guessing that the answer will be "Yes" 

617Q22hlhSL._AC_SX425_.jpg.bae5f1b46ee11fb56dea9eee882af095.jpg

• Like 9

Well, I finally managed to cast "Summon Landlord", and he paid the bill. Definetly a cleric spell, lots of praying involved. All is well for now. I really want today off, since I don't feel like I got a weekend yesterday. As for paying the utilities, I'm on a farm, so it won't work. We have other people rent the pastureland for their cows, and there is an electric fence. 

On the hubcaps issue: Once we took my brother in law out to this kind of seedy neighbourhood pub in Calgary. It was his birthday and we had planned to go to the Comedy Cave, but they sold out, so we drove around until we found this place. They had this terrible local band and the pictures were screwed on the wall. I don't drink, so we took my car. We come out and I'm looking for the car and I exclaim, "Somebody stole my hubcaps!" I run over to the car. Then I notice, "That's not even my car!" I have never lived that down. See, you don't need to drink to have fun. 

• Haha 19

Posted (edited)

RTB Pro-Tips! SKU#30012 Enrieth, Female Harefolk Rogue! 5-3-22.  Started at 11:31 AM.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

ETA:

Anne had to shorten the stream due to an appliance delivery.  Anne won't be streaming tomorrow; sounded like something house-related.

kwindylarue: Crow's Nest should be on at the usual time at 5pm central so keep an eye out for that!

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

RTB Pro-Tips! SKU#30012 Enrieth, Female Harefolk Rogue! 5-3-22.  Started at 11:31 AM.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

ETA:

Anne had to shorten the stream due to an appliance delivery.  Anne won't be streaming tomorrow; sounded like something house-related.

I walked away to get a cup of tea and was wondering why Anne's voice suddenly got so deep.....  Oh well, time to get caught up on the figures I am trying to paint along with her. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Back when stealing hubcaps was a popular pastime, according to what I heard from the old guys at the coffee counter years ago, a common antitheft system was to apply shortened razor blades under the rim. Even if one wasn't able to follow the blood trail, the bandaged fingertips would give away the neighborhood hubcap thief. A similar thing could be done with plates.

In a world were the insanity of reality insists on giving my imagination a run for it's money, it is reassuring that there are things that do not change and are nigh eternal...once again I have found that mowing the lawn has summoned rain.

Heard of guys doing this with their stereos too.  Sad thing is though, in many jurisdictions in the US setting a booby trap could constitute felony assault...

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Serenity said:

kwindylarue: Crow's Nest should be on at the usual time at 5pm central so keep an eye out for that!

I just found out that Crow's Nest will not be on tonight after all!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

A couple of things I worked on this Tuesday evening:

Model 4cyl distributor.  Orange wires, goes well with dark green block & aluminum. 

Po wi Set (or however it's spelled). Pinned his spell piece (note the wires through his hands. Obviously these will be clipped later, but I wanted more area to pin. He is pinned onto the base, but not glued yet.

Note: the glasses are my first attempt at making them. These will be for Talespinner's spider, but i kinda wanted to see how they looked.

16516259803596046584869033619270.jpg

16516260089035082925396826301588.jpg

• Like 14