Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

3 minutes ago, Corsair said:

That sounds really interesting, tell us more!

More or less, I can take an STL file, bring it into CAD, then put additional features into it. So if I had a Big Stompy Robot STL file and didn’t like something on it, I can fix it. Add more detail, remove detail, add splash damage (another STL fer examp), cut off and reposition various parts and poses. Think virtual Bones Mashup.

Probably could do it with Blender too (downloaded anticipating terrain needs; not played with), but for nonorganic items, CAD seems to be the right tool. Plus it’s parametric and easier to play with for rigid values. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my. 

After several days of back and forth emails about a site, I just learned that they had an "IT professional" help them set up some new equipment on their network, which appears to have broke some of the set up our system needs on it. 

Now we're about to find out if the "IT professional" is really an IT Pro, or just a hack like me.   I gave the site manager a list of network setup requirements for our system to give to his "pro".  If he's a true professional, he will recognize the technobabble, realize someone didn't tell him about the other existing equipment, and will figure out how to make it work side by side with the new equipment. 

If I get back an "I don't understand", then he's a hack. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 5

7 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Happy May the 4th everyone! 

FD3LI36JIUK1IZJ.thumb.jpg.245fbece6e0e2441e5811e005bb87be9.jpg

darthvadercat-1965095.jpg.d7eabe4f9a359828c12aa6dc200eb7ae.jpg

EbuTbVQVcAAGX5n.jpg.e1f9c1ab6e9182ac118d2490516751c1.jpg

That is the most amazing cat-stand I have ever seen (whether intended as one or commandeered by the cat).

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

So I have put op some minis for sale on a Dutch version of Ebay.

Every now and then I sell a few to make room for minis I will paint.

Yesterday a younger girl showed interest in some minis.

I made a nice price for her, and she replied money was tight and she had to let it go, maybe next time, no problem.

Then this morning she returned and let me know she could buy this one bigger mini, her mother would pay for it.

It turned out this kid is a DM, likes to read, and paint and entertain people, she will pay when her mother gets home...

I decided to give her a little surprise, she will get what she paid for...and I will throw in all the minis she showed interest for yesterday.

I want to encourage her to keep this hobby up.

The world needs more people like you. 🙂 If you hadn't planned to, include a nice note to encourage her.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

That is the most amazing cat-stand I have ever seen (whether intended as one or commandeered by the cat).

The world needs more people like you. 🙂 If you hadn't planned to, include a nice note to encourage her.

I found it during a random image search, but it's a purpose made thing....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.instructables.com/CAT-CAT/%3famp_page=true

...called a CAT CAT 😹 ::D:🙀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I found it during a random image search, but it's a purpose made thing....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.instructables.com/CAT-CAT/%3famp_page=true

Thanks for the link.

Just one nit pick.  The C.A.T. is to scale, it's just to a different scale, being to the scale of 1 to 1.

GEM

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

And as all tabletop/RPG gamers know, a CAT CAT will definitely lay waste to whatever it wants, Rebel base or otherwise.

Edited by ManvsMini
typo
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

42 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Well I will include a little note.

I'm a bit humbled by the award I just got and this comment.

I mean I have drawers full of minis, I think I can spare a few if it means I can make someone happy this way and lure them into the hobby....

Also mentioned this forum, who knows maybe we can even get a new member here..

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Today has been random spam call Wednesday for me. Just one robot after another, calling all the numbers systematically, eventually tripping over mine…

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Now we're about to find out if the "IT professional" is really an IT Pro, or just a hack like me. 

My guess is they “hired” their cousin Reginald. 

Waiting patiently to find out. 

• Sad 7

Apparently, our receptionist has a silent 'panic' alarm at her desk.

Also apparently,  no one informed her of this fact, until after she accidentally activated it while working. 

It is currently a fairly nice afternoon to be outside.::P:

• Like 2
  • Haha 19