Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

24 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Jack is not allowed to play Minecraft. It took over my life for about a month. ::(:

Yeah, I decided to settle down into one survival world to play long-term and just pick at for a few hours a week.  Once I got into it, I started planning out projects so that working on one also works towards another - so when I had to dig out and make an enormous storage basement under that for long-term permanent item storage, all of the cobblestone that came out of it went into building a road network (some 350,000 blocks worth so far).  I came up with a quick and efficient house design for when I have to go fix and build up villages for trade.  It's a fine little kingdom I've set up, full of very happy peasants and somewhat less happy goats.  

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 11

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

That new style FANG looks better than I expected.  

Kinda irritated with myself because the schematic was all wrong and I tried sticking so of the stickers where it showed instead of where they probably should have gone, but other than that it's pretty fun. Reliving my childhood pretty hardcore over here.

• Like 8

New portable air conditioner is installed and working!

I got one that's just large enough for the bedroom. My corner of the building gets really warm at the end of the day. So if I can sleep in a cool room (and dry at that), I can handle anything the next day.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

New portable air conditioner is installed and working!

I got one that's just large enough for the bedroom. My corner of the building gets really warm at the end of the day. So if I can sleep in a cool room (and dry at that), I can handle anything the next day.

I should get one of those at some point.  Sure would be nice to have a reasonably cool bedroom at night. 

• Like 6

Some stuff that happened on June 21st:

• 1749 – Halifax, Nova Scotia, was founded.

• 1978 – The original production of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical, Evita, based on the life of Eva Perón, opened at the Prince Edward Theatre, London.

• 2006 – Pluto's newly discovered moons were officially named Nix and Hydra.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Past couple weeks have been rough. A baby coughed on me and gave me something that won’t go away. Starting to feel better, which is nice seeing as how I missed a full 40 hours on my paycheck 😑

Anyhoo. My little monster is growing apace. I got her Moana bedding, since she’s obsessed with Moana. Hopefully that helps get he sleeping in her own bed. And we’re going to start potty training her once I can read the book I got on the subject.

Here she is playing with her tablet:

14A1A425-D688-4C7E-BF66-637C6207989E.thumb.jpeg.bdb5f7a7ba853645c3fd6499d41c1aa9.jpeg

On 6/18/2021 at 5:35 AM, Chaoswolf said:

Halloween-4.jpg.1370c64e118c1b604f153cfd16c97599.jpg

There's only 135 days until Halloween.

Time to get Spooky!!

• Like 17

Ugh. Pro tip: If you say someone is going to be arrested, don't end up being the one who gets arrested. I hate it went people act like they "know the law." Yeah, you probably don't. Unless you're a lawyer. And even then... :zombie:

In other news, I hope that I can get some painting done today. Before the heat sets in. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

From Reaper Discord:

Kwindylarue, Mrs. Buglips — Today at 9:32 AM

Reminder - There is no Reaper Tool Box Pro-Tips today, Anne took the day off for her birthday so make sure you stop by tomorrow to give her your well wishes! Join us this afternoon at 2pm central for Beyond the Kit with Rhonda Bender!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:

Ugh. Pro tip: If you say someone is going to be arrested, don't end up being the one who gets arrested. I hate it went people act like they "know the law." Yeah, you probably don't. Unless you're a lawyer. And even then... :zombie:

In other news, I hope that I can get some painting done today. Before the heat sets in. :ph34r:

Sadly, more people are knowledgeable of Hollywood type justice systems.

In a way, I'm grateful for YouTube channels like Legal Eagle that explains the laws and rules behind current events and why it makes (or doesn't) make sense. The judicial system may not be my cup of tea, but I still like to understand what the elf is happening.

• Like 7

This is one of the Mondiest Mondays ever...💀

I worked from home today, all the vixens and my girl went to work.

At one point I noticed that youngest vixen had kleft her key stuck in the frontdoor on the inside.

????

Well, I know the lock had been acting up earlier and I had used some silicone spray, it solved the problem, then...

Now I had to use pliers to get the darn key out.

After that I removed the cilinder, and bought a new one.

Problem solved? NOPE!
After trying a few times and turning the key succesfully I shut the door and did it again.

Of course it immediately got stuck.

The lock isn't just the cilinder alone, there are some more safety points that eject when turning that key etc.

After a few tries I realised I can't solve it.

Either the key stays stuck in an open door, or the key does come out but the lock is closed and can't be opened again.

That is...not without getting it all stuck afterwards again.

Called a company, they will call me back for an appointment, We can still use the backdoor and the garden, but I hate this.

I already know this is going to mean replacing the whole darn 3 point lock/metal safety thingies etc...

And of course to top this Monday off, my laptop died on me today.

I'm now using one of my Girl'solder laptops for work and browsing.

It behaves like a donkey compared to a racehorse, so no...I'm not happy..

It looks like the SSD is damaged somehow.

My nephew will take a look at it, but I fear it's time to draw the wallet.

for the door, for the laptop...

Oh goody.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Sad 12

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

After a few tries I realised I can't solve it.

Either the key stays stuck in an open door, or the key does come out but the lock is closed and can't be opened again.

That is...not without getting it all stuck afterwards again.

It's an added feature. :) 

My back door is like that too.  It is an old steel security door. You have to apply pressure in just the right way to get the lock mechanism to work.  No thief or burglar will ever figure it out.  (They'll break a window first to get in the house). 

• Like 6