Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Seems reasonable to me.

>gets in<

Me too! Hey? Is there any candy? My momma said that strangers would have candy, and you lot are about as strange as it can get. 

Thanks for all the well wishes. I certainly hope it’s taken some of the worry off her. 

• Like 9

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

That reminds me.

I need to drag Grump and the munchkin to the beach tomorrow. ::D:

I want someone to drag me to the beach, too. 

19 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Me too! Hey? Is there any candy? My momma said that strangers would have candy, and you lot are about as strange as it can get. 

Thanks for all the well wishes. I certainly hope it’s taken some of the worry off her. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. 

We're on day 5 or 6 or maybe 16 of grey skies and rain.  I've had about as much as I can take, and so has the lawn.   I, at least, am going to GTFO for the day. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

So this week I decided it was time to go into the office after 2 years and 2 months of working from home.   I worked Monday and Tuesday.  Very few people there still.  On Monday it was just me and our subsystem architect who works parts time in our of area.  On Tuesday, 2 more people was there.  So on Wednesday,  the architect tells me she had been exposed to Covid at her fun job,  and tested positive but had no symptoms....  so first day back I was exposed to Covid.  Luckily there is a partition wall between us.   I tested myself yesterday, and it was negative.

But come on what are the odds of this?

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

We ran out of Halloween candy, might still have some Christmas Candy, and are still well stocked from Easter.

GEM

1 hour ago, Citrine said:

So this week I decided it was time to go into the office after 2 years and 2 months of working from home.   I worked Monday and Tuesday.  Very few people there still.  On Monday it was just me and our subsystem architect who works parts time in our of area.  On Tuesday, 2 more people was there.  So on Wednesday,  the architect tells me she had been exposed to Covid at her fun job,  and tested positive but had no symptoms....  so first day back I was exposed to Covid.  Luckily there is a partition wall between us.   I tested myself yesterday, and it was negative.

Bad news is, the odds are pretty high.  The good news is, the current iteration is hitting most people like a case of the sniffles.

Reports are, the longer Covid goes the easier it is to catch but the milder the symptoms.

Hope you remain symptom free.

GEM

• Like 7

WOOF FOOD LOG:

Inspired by Greek/Turkish Cuisine.

Döner Kebab

Souvlaki Chicken

Filodough with Feta and Spinach

Filodough with Bifteki ( Greek Ground Beef)

Filodough with Feta and Honey

Salads

Feta

Pitabread

Dolmadakia

20220506_175337.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Citrine said:

Pretty good apparently. My wife and I's employer forced us all back into the office at least two days a week starting last week. And they dropped the mask requirement right before we all came back. Here we are at the end of week 2 and my wife's office has had an outbreak and 18% of her coworkers have tested positive in the last few days. And those are just the one's self testing due to symptoms. One of our coworkers/friends went to a hospital due to her symptoms (thankfully she only stayed a single evening before being released). She is young, healthy and has had her vaccine and booster. So, you know, be careful out there and take precautions. It's getting better and less deadly, true. But it is still potentially debilitating or worse. 

• Like 12

10 hours ago, haldir said:

Yah I ordered some work boots from JCP on Monday, thanks to my normal place was suppose to ship that day but I got a email saying OoS till the 18th. Ummm my right foot says otherwise. The new pair arrived today. Not bad, not bad at all.

My foot thanks my ordering. Wolverine brand boots, pretty comfy even with the stock insoles & tbh, really no breaking them in (one thing I hate about new boots).

15 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Good news everyone!

//Farnsworth voice, in an anti-scarcastic ironic tone

Well, that's encouraging! Already got her results from today's scans. Now, haven't heard back from the doc yet since it was 8pm when that dropped, so I'm going on my engineering hat interpretation of a radiologist report, but it appears that there's no signs of intrusion into the bones nor any spread to the lymphatic system. It also says that for a cancer, it doesn't look like one. Doesn't mean it isn't, but just doesn't look typical. I feel that's really a good sign. Have to see what the surgeons think!

Awesome news, Hoping for the best!

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Just checked on my Reaper Order.

UPS put it on a delivery truck, and took it to THE Post Awful.

So I'm not holding my breath for a timely delivery.

GEM

Surepost - yah this is a abomination that needs to die.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Service call I just received: 

"My internet is down and credit card is not working. Can you log into my site and fix things?"

Umm, since both credit cards and remote access require working internet, what do you think? 

• Haha 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Whelp.

My package from Reaper arrived at the Silver Springs, Nv. Post Office at 11:50 AM.  This is where my Post Office Box is located.  This is where the nice lady who delivers the mail to our mail box at the street, mostly magazines and advertising circulars, leaves on her daily rounds about two hours before the UPS [pronounced ooops] truck arrived.  What's wrong with this picture?

Now that I know how the system works [or doesn't], next time I either pick up at Post Office or pay for First Class Delivery.

GEM

• Sad 9