Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going over the big hill tomorrow [that being the Sierra Nevada Mountains] to visit the kids/grandkids.

I have the trunk/back seats of our Ford Fusion sedan packed full of packing boxes left over from our move that we are taking to the kids because they are getting ready to make a move from one side of the Roseville area to the other.  They are supposed to have a Pods storage unit delivered tomorrow so I will have an opportunity to put the mark one eyeball on one of these units.

Y'all play nice and be safe.  We should be home late in the evening tomorrow.

GEM

• Like 9

4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Service call I just received: 

"My internet is down and credit card is not working. Can you log into my site and fix things?"

Umm, since both credit cards and remote access require working internet, what do you think? 

To quote the great Bill Engvald

"Here's your sign....."

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

We are going over the big hill tomorrow [that being the Sierra Nevada Mountains] to visit the kids/grandkids.

I have the trunk/back seats of our Ford Fusion sedan packed full of packing boxes left over from our move that we are taking to the kids because they are getting ready to make a move from one side of the Roseville area to the other.  They are supposed to have a Pods storage unit delivered tomorrow so I will have an opportunity to put the mark one eyeball on one of these units.

Y'all play nice and be safe.  We should be home late in the evening tomorrow.

GEM

Safe trip & no Donner Party experiences!! ::D:

Waiting on a 6+ hr resin print. It should be done but I just got back home from going out to dinner with my wife  & I went straight to the garage.  I gotta clean this "mess" up, mostly concentrated on one end but still needs cleaned. Saturday game is on tomorrow!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2022 at 8:13 PM, strawhat said:

I can't guarantee how it would work, but when I used to work in a warehouse we used a cigarette lighter to get stickers off damaged returns.  We'd hit the price tag (it was almost always price tags) with the flame for a couple seconds and it would soften the adhesive enough to peel the sticker right off.  There wasn't enough time to melt plastic and as long as you're away from the edge, the object with the sticker won't catch on fire.

Sometimes a hair dryer will work for taking stickers off of stuff as well...

On 5/4/2022 at 1:44 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Well I will include a little note.

I'm a bit humbled by the award I just got and this comment.

I mean I have drawers full of minis, I think I can spare a few if it means I can make someone happy this way and lure them into the hobby....

Also mentioned this forum, who knows maybe we can even get a new member here..

Hey, if you're selling the minis to make space, then tossing in a few extra makes even more space... ::D:

Well, Jack has finally landed a job, after being out of work since November... I start on Monday. Jack's bank account is overdrawn, he hasn't had hot water or heat for two months now, and his internet got shut off again last week, but at least he's going to be able to start trying to catch up on things again.

Unfortunately, neither my first paycheck nor the money I'm going to get from selling off a bunch of my minis will arrive in time to keep my car insurance from getting cancelled, so I'm going to have to borrow some money to take care of that, but things are starting to finally look a little more up (or at least less down).

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Service call I just received: 

"My internet is down and credit card is not working. Can you log into my site and fix things?"

Umm, since both credit cards and remote access require working internet, what do you think? 

had one of those yesterday except in reverse 

"so does it have internet?" well I'm screen sharing it with you over webex, so yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Don’t ya love getting an assignment at 4pm on a Friday that has to be done today ?

Low amount of tasks all week and then that got sprung then? Gee, thanks. 

Edited by Pegazus
  • Sad 9

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, haldir said:

To quote the great Bill Engvald

"Here's your sign....."

Safe trip & no Donner Party experiences!! ::D:

Waiting on a 6+ hr resin print. It should be done but I just got back home from going out to dinner with my wife  & I went straight to the garage.  I gotta clean this "mess" up, mostly concentrated on one end but still needs cleaned. Saturday game is on tomorrow!

Thanks for the positive vibes.

We go right past Donner Lake, about a thousand feet higher up the mountain and a couple miles to the north on "all weather" highway.

Chain Control is on so much of the time they have to re-do the concrete road surface every three to five years from the amount of wear and tear on the road surface.

GEM

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

278002041_1434900763689763_8298804160305402190_n.jpg.dc8489e3f2cda79f46171314c34aaea0.jpg

This is so dark on the humor scale as to be lowest level of the coal mine with the lights out.

GEM

Who knows more about the history of the Donner Party than is good for a peaceful night's sleep.

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Just had a talk with our neighbours, apparently their grandkids are having a massive birthday party in their garden tomorrow. Bouncy castle, clown, music, the whole shebang starting at 10.30 in the morning. Sounds nice.

In completely unrelated news, we just booked tickets for the new Dr Strange movie 11am showing tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Just had a talk with our neighbours, apparently their grandkids are having a massive birthday party in their garden tomorrow. Bouncy castle, clown, music, the whole shebang starting at 10.30 in the morning. Sounds nice.

In completely unrelated news, we just booked tickets for the new Dr Strange movie 11am showing tomorrow.

Be sure you leave early to avoid those long lineups. :poke:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just be glad they gave you some advanced warning. Also, Hope you enjoy the Multiverse of Strangeness, get in a good late lunch, maybe a stroll down town if the weather isn't crap. A nice peaceful afternoon. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I'll second what others have already said - it's definitely nice they gave warning.  I'll also second the going for a nice long walk in the afternoon... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1