Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Fun Fact: Back in college, Jack played the drug dealer named Mother in the play A Hatful of Rain*... 

Later that year, some of his castmates sent him a Mother's Day card.

*Outside of his Rocky Horror and Shock Treatment roles, Jack has been notoriously typecast as the well-dressed bad guy throughout his career.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather wise, it was a lovely sunny weekend. It helped compensate for some of the annoyances that popped up.

• Went to a MET opera live broadcast. But the signal was garbled, making it unwatchable. Seems like other theaters had the same problem. Got a refund and an unusually free afternoon.
  • I put on my summer tires... and got my first sunburn of the year on my folically-challenged forehead.
  • Game night got cancelled. GM got caught in the middle of bathroom renovations.

• Sad 10

Mama wanted pizza for her mother's Day Dinner.

Not just any pizza, but Pizza Factory Pizza.

So we drove in to Dayton and had a nice diner with salad bar and a pizza so piled full of goodies you couldn't even see the cheese or the crust except for the rim.

Walked out full and with a to go box with a half a pizza for afters, right into falling snow.

Snow kept falling till we were about half way home, it will probably be falling here in another hour.

Hope you have all had nice weather and a good day, including time with "Mama".

GEM

• Like 11

Just started a 3D print. Memory stick was still in the port, so I looked to see when the last time I printed something was.

April of 2020.

That's a long stretch. No wonder I was under a bit of anxiety starting a print. I'm out of practice.

• Like 11

Welp, guy sitting next to me at D&D Thursday night tested positive for coronavirus the next morning, so I’ve been mostly holed up the last few days. Feeling fine though, so looks like I lucked out maybe.

But reading a ton this weekend, and this evening got to work on a couple things: Got my mini (Bergen Sunblaze, Priest 03185) for the current Strahd campaign based aaaaaaand assembling him a crypt to explore I guess lol. It fits.

6F9CE1A1-3DA0-43DC-BD78-8F27367676B7.thumb.jpeg.297d59d65f12f62fc592fe86f99142ae.jpeg

Wish I’d gotten motivated a little earlier, I’d have gone ahead and gotten him primed. Which brings me at last to what I came here to ask:

Anybody know if the hard Bones plastic will take aerosol primers, or does it do like the soft?

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Marvin said:

Anybody know if the hard Bones plastic will take aerosol primers, or does it do like the soft?

There have been varying accounts, but I personally wouldn't risk it. You really don't need to prime Bones anyway. If you have any of the liners, then they make a really fantastic first coat. 

Well, yesterday we escaped the madness from next door and had a fun day of cinematic thrills, eating too much rich food and retail therapy. Came back to the neighbors trying to clean up their garden (their lawn is toast) and broke out some boardgames. All in all, the kind of stuff that one of my coworkers calls "a total waste of a day off" :rolleyes:

Was supposed to be going up a hill today but heavy rain and high winds put paid to that. Going to just chill, order in some pizza and do  some painting. Hope Monday doesn't maul you all too much.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2022 at 9:34 AM, Chaoswolf said:

Dark humor? 

Coming right up....

lightbulb-jokes-for-filmmakers-copy.thumb.jpg.38fd80515ae358d6ef4a6c9bd96e0082.jpg

Am I the only nerd here who recognizes those as plastic bulbs and an LED light set?  they wont break and even if they did they would still be illuminated.  (sorry, it was bugging me...) 😜

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3