Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The lock isn't just the cilinder alone, there are some more safety points that eject when turning that key etc.

After a few tries I realised I can't solve it.

Either the key stays stuck in an open door, or the key does come out but the lock is closed and can't be opened again.

That is...not without getting it all stuck afterwards again.

Called a company, they will call me back for an appointment, We can still use the backdoor and the garden, but I hate this.

I already know this is going to mean replacing the whole darn 3 point lock/metal safety thingies etc...

Sounds like my front door.

When I had to get mine fixed after the lock failed, the man explained to me that the whole multi-lock mechanism thing relies on a little plastic peg that just snaps after so much use, but the whole unit needs replacing because that's how things are designed these days.

• Sad 7

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back! :bday:

We currently have some 400 feet plus of RG-58 laying on the ground before it goes up the utility pole to junction with Spectrum's FO Line, but even though the recommended max run for this cable is 250 feet it seems to be working OK for our humble needs.  They tell me our service comes out of the Reno Hub instead of the Carson City Hub.  At a guess, since we are over the hill from the mega industrial park where Musk has built his OMG how huge battery factory, we are on the same spine as the entire Industrial Park Complex.

Our furniture and SWMBO precious things are all here.  Movers and packers stuffed a 26 foot truck with as much as it would carry, plus our utility trailer.  After we got back to V.Ville they loaded up another utility trailer load with the last of the furniture plus most of the outside stuff.  The trailer is still over half full of stuff for me to unload but it's in the upper 90s, I'm tired to the point of wobbly legs and since the installer just finished up I figured it would be a good idea to check out what's happening to the rest of the world while I get some strength back into my legs.

I have one more load to do to finish up my office, which has been totally trashed due to a break in while we were making the big move with the U-Haul.  ::(::angry:  The thieves emptied every box out into a heap, including all the drawers in my wooden machinist chest where I keep most of my modeling tools and some supplies.  I don't know for sure what all they got away with, fortunately all the irreplaceable stuff [I think] got moved before the break in happened.  Having to deal with that put me a couple of days behind last week as they went through every room and emptied every box.  Sheriffs were sympathetic but offered little hope in the way of catching the criminals.  They currently have 7 deputies per shift to cover an area larger than the State of Connecticut, and that's just the high desert areas of Victorville and the surrounding desert communities, plus too many square miles of scarcely populated area that is still within San Bernardino County but north of the San Bernardino Mountains.  Such is the world we live in.:unsure:

Won't have to worry much about such things at the new place, neighbors keep a watch on each other and every body is armed, from compound bow for the guy behind us [who has set up archery butts after talking with me about it and me saying go for it] all the way up to whatever caliber of portable artillery you can afford to feed. 

Our tortoise, Samantha managed to exhaust herself just checking out the new house.  I kept her "penned" to the laundry room are for a coupe of days after we first got here and now that she has been granted free roam of the house [more or less] she spent two solid days just cruising around checking out every nook and cranny with her head held high and her legs extended to make herself as tall as possible while exploring.  She completely wore herself out and has spend the last 36 hours in one of her customary "parking" spots without moving more than 2 feet.

Going to take me days to get caught up.

GEM

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Meh. Amazon not bringing the book deals for Prime Day. Buy 2, get 1 half-off? Nope. Not gonna cut it.

Still, I managed to shame myself by purchasing a battery-powered chainsaw, however. If anyone knows to whom I should submit the last of the dignity I previously had maintained, please let me know. 😞

(I also bought DVDs of The Office and Parks and Rec because up yours, Peacock!)

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Still, I managed to shame myself by purchasing a battery-powered chainsaw, however. If anyone knows to whom I should submit the last of the dignity I previously had maintained, please let me know. 😞

Having two petrol-powered chainsaws, sometimes the battery powered one is very, very tempting

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Meh. Amazon not bringing the book deals for Prime Day. Buy 2, get 1 half-off? Nope. Not gonna cut it.

Apparently battery chainsaws are getting popular even among professionals since they are so much easier for quick little jobs that come up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ratsmitglied said:

Having two petrol-powered chainsaws, sometimes the battery powered one is very, very tempting

2 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Apparently battery chainsaws are getting popular even among professionals since they are so much easier for quick little jobs that come up.

Yeah, it really seemed to make the most sense. I just got a little to do around the house.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

We aren't even getting Prime Day here in Canada.

• Like 5

Kinda hoping to be able to paint again soon.  Place has been ripped apart for a few days now to work out a bunch of things.  It will be better once we get it all back together again, but not gonna lie, I am tired of rearranging things... 

• Like 6

Tuesday Timeline Trivia for June 22nd:

• 1633 – The Holy Office in Rome forced Galileo Galilei to recant his view that the Sun, not the Earth, is the center of the Universe, after heated controversy.

• 1969 – The Cuyahoga River caught fire in Cleveland, Ohio, drawing national attention to water pollution, which spurred the passing of the Clean Water Act and the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency.

• 1990 – Cold War: Checkpoint Charlie was dismantled in Berlin.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1