Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Thoramel said:

They all seem to be fairly intelligent young people. I mean, it's a science field so you'd think they'd all be smart, but honestly that's not always the case.

I believe it.  I have a cousin with a masters in Environmental Science who doesn't have a lick of common sense.  She's smart enough that she could have had a long term, probably high paying career, but she makes the stupidest personal decisions that torpedo her success every time.  For example, one summer she was working for her state governor, was about to get promoted, met a French guy at a bar, and when he offered to take her with him to San Francisco for the week, she left with him that night w/o telling anyone.  Amazingly, she only lost the promotion, and not her job when she returned. 

So yesterday I cursed myself.  It had been a fairly slow morning & I was getting stuff done. While on my first call of the day, the guy I was talking to asked if I would be available when he called me back. I told him "I should be, it's been a slow day so far."  He laughed and told me that I probably cursed myself, 

And he was right - just as I was hanging up, the receptionist told me the other tech still wasn't in the office, and the phone didn't stop ringing after that. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

WOOF FOOD LOG:

Todays'Lunch:

Bread from the Oven with Brie/Apple/Honey and Pineseeds for my girl.

For me Aged Cheese with Red Pesto and Bacon with Red Pesto,

Coffee..

20220511_125900.jpg.0b8d630d5595995d9895f0b2f16c4a7d.jpg

Yesterday's Dinner:

Caprese Salad, Green Asparagus with Balsamico Creme and Grated Cheese, Potatoes from the Oven with a Bacon'/Onion Sauce and Grated/Melted Cheese, and a Burger

20220510_175846.jpg.060f88a76ed564e033187b6620d7fe34.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

Posted (edited)

WOOF FOOD LOG Part II

The Dinner showed above was yesterday's, that lunch was today.

Tonight's dinner,

Leftover Potato With Bacon/Onion Sauce and Cheese.

Chicken Cordon Blue

Assorted Veggies from the Oven with Cheese and Tomato Paste/Olive Oil and Herbs.

Dessert:

Pistache Yoghurt.

20220511_175322.jpg.fe3eb2641b4263a374b62db39906c7c8.jpg20220511_180558.thumb.jpg.0a8a9bc45c70ba0d3731df3b2dd0db37.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7

I need @Glitterwolf as a personal chef.

Doctor said I need to gain weight. I had managed to get up to 190 lbs last year but now it's dropped back to 181. My ear problems are still persisting (though I'm either growing accustomed to it or it has slightly improved), best course of treatment right now is to still try to regain the lining of fat around the ear canal. Unfortunately it's not a license to eat whatever I want. Can't trigger another health problem by trying to solve one.

To be 19-20 years old again like some of the people I work with, where their biggest health problem is a pimple...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

I need @Glitterwolf as a personal chef.

Doctor said I need to gain weight. I had managed to get up to 190 lbs last year but now it's dropped back to 181. My ear problems are still persisting (though I'm either growing accustomed to it or it has slightly improved), best course of treatment right now is to still try to regain the lining of fat around the ear canal. Unfortunately it's not a license to eat whatever I want. Can't trigger another health problem by trying to solve one.

To be 19-20 years old again like some of the people I work with, where their biggest health problem is a pimple...

Gaining weight in a healthy way.

Exercise emphasis on weight lifting, muscles add weight.

Food..bananas and nuts provide fat and are still healthy.

As for the personal chef position, I'm currently employed by my girl and vixens who will not let me go...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Y'all are thinking way too hard about something that's just a joke.::P:

Anything worth thinking is worth overthinking. ::P:

No, not always.

If you're thinking too hard about a joke, it means you didn't get it. Just drop it and move on with life.

I think what @Chaoswolfmeant was that whatever color the cat's ears are doesn't matter; that's not what makes the joke funny. 

(And it is funny, especially you have pet cats.)

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

As for the personal chef position, I'm currently employed by my girl and vixens who will not let me go...

Whatever they're pay you, I'll double it.

45 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Gaining weight in a healthy way.

Exercise emphasis on weight lifting, muscles add weight.

Food..bananas and nuts provide fat and are still healthy.

That's pretty much the goal, to do it in a healthy way. Luckily the new job I have one process that requires me to lift something 15 lbs, and then another something that is 5-6 pounds, and repeat the process for about 2 hours... I get about 200 reps in a night on both of those. Plus walking back and forth back to the cart. Plenty of low weight, high rep. Just have to add high-calorie healthy snacks/meals, and some higher weight, low rep exercises.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:
4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Whatever they're pay you, I'll double it..

Well..

I doubt that you would "pay" me the way my girl does..neither would I want that..😁

:wow:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Whatever they're pay you, I'll double it.

That's pretty much the goal, to do it in a healthy way. Luckily the new job I have one process that requires me to lift something 15 lbs, and then another something that is 5-6 pounds, and repeat the process for about 2 hours... I get about 200 reps in a night on both of those. Plus walking back and forth back to the cart. Plenty of low weight, high rep. Just have to add high-calorie healthy snacks/meals, and some higher weight, low rep exercises.

Here's the situation:

In order to have Glitterwolf as your Personal Chef you are going to have to do, at minimum, the following:

Add a new wing to the house for Staff Quarters.

Arrange for Permanent Work Visas for Glitterwolf, his girl, the Vixens, and unspecified supernumeraries.

Hire somebody to manage your new HR Department.

Hire a CPA.

With your growing staff, you are probably going to want, on the advice of your CPA ,to incorporate which means you will need to ;

Hire an Attorney.  Since you will be dealing with Labor Law, Immigration Law, and who knows what other branches of the Law besides Corporate Law you are probably going to need the services of a Law Firm with staff having specific expertise in all these various areas of legal minutia.

Now, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to call Grub Hub?

GEM

• Haha 15

5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Doctor said I need to gain weight.

:blink:

Said no Doctor ever !?

5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I had managed to get up to 190 lbs last year but now it's dropped back to 181.

How tall are you?

Either I am confusing you with someone else or the last time you were posting contents on the topic of weight it was about having excess pounds. 

14 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Chef you are going to have to do, at minimum, the following:

You forgot to account for Glitterwolf’s day job.  Gonna need a whole airbase for that….maybe USAF and RNLAF could swap some squadrons for a couple of years or something. That will need an Act of Congress. 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1