Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

22 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Add a new wing to the house for Staff Quarters.

Arrange for Permanent Work Visas for Glitterwolf, his girl, the Vixens, and unspecified supernumeraries.

At least one 300 sq ft room for "hobbies. 

I would not classify Brutus as a supernumerary. Debating if he falls before or after the Main Girl.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, TGP said:

:blink:

Said no Doctor ever !?

How tall are you?

Either I am confusing you with someone else or the last time you were posting contents on the topic of weight it was about having excess pounds. 

You forgot to account for Glitterwolf’s day job.  Gonna need a whole airbase for that….maybe USAF and RNLAF could swap some squadrons for a couple of years or something. That will need an Act of Congress. 

^^^^This^^^^^

The Act of Congress will require a Special Funding Appropriation.

Authorization for the appropriation will require hearings before a number of committees, the members of which will need to be lobbied as to the need for and importance of this funding.  I would estimate the costs for lobbyists and their requirements will be something on the order of Reaper Miniatures annual budget.

GEM

Just now, Green Eyed Monsty said:

^^^^This^^^^^

The Act of Congress will require a Special Funding Appropriation.

Authorization for the appropriation will require hearings before a number of committees, the members of which will need to be lobbied as to the need for and importance of this funding.  I would estimate the costs for lobbyists and their requirements will be something on the order of Reaper Miniatures annual budget.

GEM

Just a thought, some of the lobbying costs could be defrayed by making local Chambers of Commerce aware of the planned new Air Base and the positive impact it would have on the local economy.

Glitterwolf needs to add to the bill of requirements the availability of local hobby shops specializing in the necessary supplies for our hobby interests.

Once again, the local CoC will help in making sure this requirement is satisfied.

GEM

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

So, yesterday’s getting to know you question about paint leaves me with a question:

Is there a list of the Promo Paints with named/numbered colors somewhere here?

I’m not finding the right search keywords if there is…

@Rob Dean

It's not 100% up to date, but check the .sig.  It should be better now (just prior to 8pm Central time).

Due to a forum change, I can't get the rich text table to upload automatically anymore.  I just haven't gotten back 'round to it yet.

Edited by strawhat
Minor update...that I wasn't actually planning to make, but did anyway. So now I must tell you about it in excruciatingly obvious detail. I'm not actually strawhat-splaining, I just can't seem to stop myself from going on-and-on-and-on-and-on-and-on-...
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, TGP said:

Luckily [?] I have never owned a RacecaR. 

My father and his friend were comparing their history of vehicular purchases and came to the conclusion that between the two of them they hadn’t owned a tank, a train, and a firetruck. But everything else was theirs at one point. Pretty sure that included a race car.

I guess if I take my current summer car to the track, it could be considered a race car. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Said no Doctor ever !?

Mine has said this a few times over the years.  For my frame and yadda yadda, I do need to get a bit more muscle weight, as well as a little more fat.  I've always been low on fat, and muscle is supposed to be in a few areas but I need to a) reinvest in some of the weights I'm supposed to have and b) figure out where I'd be able to do such exercises. 

Eerily enough, sometimes you do get a doctor saying "hey, you're healthy, but put on a bit of weight"

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Said no Doctor ever !?

Mine has said this a few times over the years.  For my frame and yadda yadda, I do need to get a bit more muscle weight, as well as a little more fat.  I've always been low on fat, and muscle is supposed to be in a few areas but I need to a) reinvest in some of the weights I'm supposed to have and b) figure out where I'd be able to do such exercises. 

Eerily enough, sometimes you do get a doctor saying "hey, you're healthy, but put on a bit of weight"

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

My father and his friend were comparing their history of vehicular purchases and came to the conclusion that between the two of them they hadn’t owned a tank, a train, and a firetruck. But everything else was theirs at one point.

.....What about a rocket ship? ::D:

Hm, I had several quotes I wanted to respond to, but the forum ate them. Oh well, just assume I made some deeply insightful, amusing, and possibly pithy comments on them.

Given that I spent a lot of time over the past couple years complaining about my job, I figure it's only fair to balance that out by saying that things are actually really good right now. Due to my new-ish position (I got the job in December last year) as a Medical Records Clerk rather than Temporary Covid Paperwork Employee, my duties recently have been shifting over to more general records management rather than being constantly buried in Covid documentation.

What actually surprised me the most about this shift was how weirdly difficult it was. I discovered that I was so used to everything being URGENT and RIGHT NOW and ON FIRE and HUGE MOUNTAINS OF PAPERWORK BACKLOG that when all of that went away, I wasn't really sure what to do with myself. :lol: After our area caseload dropped off rather abruptly around the end of February, I spent almost a month feeling kind of...lost, I guess? My duties pertaining to my new position were (comparatively) light, and as staff members started talking about "getting back to the norm" and "transitioning out of crisis mode" and I was like "BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE NORM IS I WAS HIRED DURING COVID! I ONLY KNOW HOW TO BE IN CRISIS MODE!" So...a bit of existential bewilderment for a while there, but I worked through it.

As an aside, the internet was actually extremely unhelpful when I searched for suggestions about how to cope with a sudden removal of stress from one's life. :lol: :lol: :lol:  

So yeah, I've finally figured out how to slooooooow down and just...be okay with things. I'm finding I'm far more relaxed (in the sort of way where you don't realize how tense your muscles are until you relax them) and it's really really nice. I'm writing a lot of desk references (because I'm one of those weird people who actually enjoys that sort of thing), tidying up a gazillion loose ends (records with odd issues that we didn't have time or energy to figure out earlier), and helping to reorganize the medical records file room (which has become rather untidy in the past couple years). And it's all...good. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot 😄

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, TGP said:

How tall are you?

Either I am confusing you with someone else or the last time you were posting contents on the topic of weight it was about having excess pounds.

6'5"

You are likely confusing me with someone else. Last time I posted about weight it was due to having lost 40 lbs that I didn't need to lose, which resulted in my current ear problems.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Said no Doctor ever !?

Doctors say this to me and other cancer and Addison patients all the time.  Being above your average weight is important when body systems can shut down and leave you unable or unwilling to eat for a couple of weeks!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

On 5/9/2022 at 12:07 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Sounds like a well spent day off to me; glad you had a good day!

It was an awesome day, unfortunately the Scottish saying of "We'll pay for this" kicked into effect in the early hours of Tuesday and it's been intermittent pain/numbness/more pain since then. Managed to get some painting done this morning, even if it was only one cherry blossom pink Infinity mini. Going to push my luck and work on that white dragon after lunch.

IMG_20220512_131834715.thumb.jpg.087aec7b3150a9fc3b08ce59da97888b.jpg

• Like 10
  • Sad 5

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, OneBoot said:

.....What about a rocket ship? ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot 😄

Ah. Nuance needed. Wheeled vehicles.

I can sort of relate to the sudden lack of stress. It was horrible. After all my testing was done on my previous project, I had a two year span before my parts were installed. In that time, I had very little to do, and most of it was getting the paperwork in order as well, most of it Product Certification. Filling out checklists. Creating documentation detailing the design, what the tests were, how that proved we met requirements, what evidence for each requirement, customer concurrence that we'd met requirements, systems engineering concurrence that the customer had concurred (seriously), documentation of any issues that were found during manufacturing (smudged the part marking = issue = documentation required). Then that all goes through the Defense Contract Management Agency to verify that the Federal contract (not military mind you; any Federal contract) had been fulfilled. Then answering all their questions because they had just spent the last month verifying that a shipment of frozen chicken nuggets had met military specifications (yes, there is one specifically for chicken nuggets) so don't know jack about human rated space hardware.

That seems like a lot but remember that was spread over twenty-four months. It was slow. And painful. And caused me to almost leave the company several times since I wasn't getting to do any design work. Absolute hell.

Then I got through it all and they told me to go find a new job because I was done. Ah, gotta love aerospace.

Seriously. The burnout rate is high. So many firework careers. Lit fuse (this is great!), acceleration (wow I love this), pop (wait, what? This is required?), debris (I'm outta here).

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Wow. Killed the thread?! Let’s spice it up.

And yes, I was a bit bored. Several of these were last revised in the 50s.

MIL-C-10467A, spec for chickens dressed and ready to cook

MIL-C-43289F, chicken with rice, cooked, dehydrated 

MIL-C-44060D, chicken a la king, thermostabilized, for meal, ready-to-eat

MIL-P-1104E, pork sausage, canned

MIL-B-3909, beef sausage, link style

and I’ll end with a dessert:

MIL-C-44351, bread pudding, imitation maple flavored with smoked sausage, thermostabilized, tray pack

Bon appetit!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Wow. Killed the thread?! Let’s spice it up.

And yes, I was a bit bored. Several of these were last revised in the 50s.

MIL-C-10467A, spec for chickens dressed and ready to cook

MIL-C-43289F, chicken with rice, cooked, dehydrated 

MIL-C-44060D, chicken a la king, thermostabilized, for meal, ready-to-eat

MIL-P-1104E, pork sausage, canned

MIL-B-3909, beef sausage, link style

and I’ll end with a dessert:

MIL-C-44351, bread pudding, imitation maple flavored with smoked sausage, thermostabilized, tray pack

Bon appetit!

We may need a Reaper version of Chopped, @Glitterwolf can be the Judge!

• Like 4