Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

11 hours ago, Marvin said:

Still, I managed to shame myself by purchasing a battery-powered chainsaw, however. If anyone knows to whom I should submit the last of the dignity I previously had maintained, please let me know. 😞

Having used some of the newer battery powered chainsaws.... I see no shame here.  Some of the electrics Stihl and Echo are putting out now have just as much bite as a similarity sized gas guzzler, with much lower maintenance costs and zero emissions in use. So you finish up smelling like sweat and sawdust and skip the petrol exhaust.

• Like 11

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Tuesday Timeline Trivia for June 22nd:

• 1969 – The Cuyahoga River caught fire in Cleveland, Ohio, drawing national attention to water pollution, which spurred the passing of the Clean Water Act and the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Secretly the work of fire vikings.

• Like 7

UGH. 

I really do know the difference between There, Their and They're, but for some reason, my brain always wants to type Their, no matter what version I need.   I usually catch it, but it sucks when I don't catch it and can't edit it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Sadly, more people are knowledgeable of Hollywood type justice systems.

In a way, I'm grateful for YouTube channels like Legal Eagle that explains the laws and rules behind current events and why it makes (or doesn't) make sense. The judicial system may not be my cup of tea, but I still like to understand what the elf is happening.

Leonard French/Lawful Masses has been a really good one for me to learn from. When you own a copyright, it's nice to know how to defend it. I've gotten to file a DMCA take-down for piracy already... :ph34r:

But, I have to be certified for my job by the state. Which means actually knowing the bits of the law that apply directly to my job. I'm by no means an expert but I can clearly define the difference between public and private property. And I do know about SCOTUS rulings.

In culinary news, I recently tried a pack of "pepper stir fry" frozen veggies with some stir fry yesterday and I rather liked the blend. I might end up using in more in the future. Now, if I could just get some chow mein noodles that don't cost so much. And aren't crap. I suppose I need to spend more time in the Asian Super Store when I get time (and money).

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I completely missed it. I guess that means I saved my money for more important purchases.

Like more minis.::D:

Not completely.   This year "Prime Day" is two days long.  Still running today. 

I'm seeing a couple of tempting deals, like Marvel Crisis Protocol and a Synology Mesh WiFi extender for my router. 

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Marvin said:

purchasing a battery-powered chainsaw

No point to buying a huge beast of a professional-grade saw if you're not going to need all that extra cutting power. The right tool for the right job, and all that. Plus, if you're trying to use a lumberjack saw to trim a Bonsai tree, people are going to make assumptions about overcompensating for something, lol.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1