Jump to content

Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye


Recommended Posts

The fifty year conflict between Canada and Denmark over the ownership of Hans Island has ended. ::(:

 

They arbitrarily designated a narrow rift in the rock as the border and ended the 'war' on Jun 11th.

 

A war that consisted of changing the flag flying over the island, and leaving a bottle of booze for the other side when they came to change the flag back.

 

The Auld Grump - this is a war that I shall miss.

  • Haha 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The fifty year conflict between Canada and Denmark over the ownership of Hans Island has ended. ::(:

 

They arbitrarily designated a narrow rift in the rock as the border and ended the 'war' on Jun 11th.

 

A war that consisted of changing the flag flying over the island, and leaving a bottle of booze for the other side when they came to change the flag back.

 

The Auld Grump - this is a war that I shall miss.

I’m guessing that the fuel to visit the place got prohibitively expensive; all wars have a logistics train and a cost to carry on waging them. Even a tiny one. With nice rules. 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No new model kits for me, oh well.  Looked over things once I got home and decided that it would be more prudent to have the extra little cash set to the side for next month when hubby goes round two against the dentist... 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, kristof65 said:

The distributor tech, I have no idea. But the factory tech was on salary, so no financial incentive for him.   I think it was just a matter of simple laziness for both of them - "Oh, just change the node address back" - since doing that is a two minute job (at worst) without looking into why it kept changing and what could be done to stop it. 

 

Heard back from the third site this morning - my reset procedure worked for them, no board needed.  Unfortunately, I made a typo in my instructions which resulted in them telling the hopper full of  $2 coins to empty itself. Whoops! But they figured out my typo, and finished the reset successfully. 

 

There's never enough time to do it right, but always time to do it again...    

 

Any support organisation that can't catch recurring issues, and fix them properly has a big problem. 

I work in IT support, and my organisation's support is rated by Gartner Group as 'we don't really believe these numbers. How do you do that?'   

 

One thing we do is we have people who look through tickets, hunting for recurring issues. 

Another thing is that when the Helldesk operator types in the user's ID, he get a list of that user's recent tickets, both open and closed ones.    

The operator would spot these issues immediately and know that it needs a more permanent fix.   

 

Recurring errors is a resource drain, so we hunt them down relentlessly.    

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

 

There's never enough time to do it right, but always time to do it again...    

 

Any support organisation that can't catch recurring issues, and fix them properly has a big problem. 

I work in IT support, and my organisation's support is rated by Gartner Group as 'we don't really believe these numbers. How do you do that?'   

 

One thing we do is we have people who look through tickets, hunting for recurring issues. 

Another thing is that when the Helldesk operator types in the user's ID, he get a list of that user's recent tickets, both open and closed ones.    

The operator would spot these issues immediately and know that it needs a more permanent fix.   

 

Recurring errors is a resource drain, so we hunt them down relentlessly.    

 

 

I'd love to be in a position where we could fix recurring issues

We're lucky to get fixes when the whole system fails

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ratsmitglied said:

I'd love to be in a position where we could fix recurring issues

We're lucky to get fixes when the whole system fails


Is this something to do with that

“head—desk”

post you made a few hours ago?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Oh boy!

 

Oldest Vixen bid on an appartment, she just heard she can buy it!

 

First one will leave the Lair soon...

 

Mixed feelings..

Sounds like space for a dedicated painting area, or a larger dedicated painting area! 

  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TGP said:


Is this something to do with that

“head—desk”

post you made a few hours ago?

tangentially. More directly the head-desk was related to librarians doing thing to annoy historians post from a few days ago

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Oh boy!

 

Oldest Vixen bid on an appartment, she just heard she can buy it!

 

First one will leave the Lair soon...

 

Mixed feelings..

I think I've got another 9 years (minimum) before I get that relief

need to get through our house sale and moving first though...

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Y'know, I was excited earlier this week, now I'm actually slightly worried in a nervous way about getting to meet the person behind my new glasses, and glasses that I really love. 

 

Feels kind of weird, I've almost never had this kind of nervous feeling before, at least in regards to meeting someone. 

 

~~~~

 

On a totally unrelated note, I love how this week half the staff have been all "wait who's the new guy??!?" since very few have seen me without a mask before.  My boss was getting a kick out of it because you'd think someone walking around like they know the place and who wears the same glasses every day, Aaaaand they're a sunset mirror finish so they really do stand out...  They usually caught in about five seconds later, mostly because I'd see the look I'd seen a few times before and I'd just be all "nope, not a new guy" and my voice would help their mind realize who I am ^_^;;;;

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Recurring errors is a resource drain, so we hunt them down relentlessly.    

I haven't been part of an organization with that philosophy since I got out of the Navy in 1990. 

At my first civilian job after the Navy when I complained about it and tried to change that part of the culture there, I got told by management that I should be happy about it, as it meant job security. 

 

These days, I just try and convince individual techs - some get it, most don't.   There are so many ways techs can make their own lives easier, and yet it is so surprising how many don't.  For years I dealt with a tech at the factory who would send out unconfigured boards because he "didn't have time to program them" - then would spend an hour or more on the phone walking someone through doing the configuration on site.  I kept pointing out that taking ten minutes to configure the board would save him an hour, and he never got it. 

 

5 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

I'd love to be in a position where we could fix recurring issues

We're lucky to get fixes when the whole system fails

That sounds vaguely familiar. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The fifty year conflict between Canada and Denmark over the ownership of Hans Island has ended. ::(:

 

They arbitrarily designated a narrow rift in the rock as the border and ended the 'war' on Jun 11th.

 

A war that consisted of changing the flag flying over the island, and leaving a bottle of booze for the other side when they came to change the flag back.

 

The Auld Grump - this is a war that I shall miss.

As a proud Canadian, I too shall miss this war. Sadly, international politics in Europe and Asia have forced us and our Danish foes  neighbours to seek a peaceful resolution. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...