Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

4 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm sorry,  this is going to be no help at all:

Which one do YOU like better? They're going to be your army, you should be pleased with their appearance. 

That said, if I were forced to pick, I'd say round. 

Well thing is I usually base on Square bases, I like how they line up.

But that's maybe because I'm painting Fantasy Armies most of the time.

I know 40K stuff is usually based on Rounds, but these come with both options despite being Scifi.

Would it look odd, if I put Scifi stuff on Squares?

I can live with both.

Some objectives are on rounds anyway but that doesn't bother me.

• Like 3

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

You know, he will be back for more recommendations, and for painting tips. 

Possibly even to ask if you know of a game somewhere that he can join...   

If it brings a new person to our FLGS, more power to him for doing it. Before he left, he did ask about anther mini (halfling with a dagger, originally from the Dungeon Dweller line, now a BUSA figure (I think)) as well. I just told him to look up halfling on the site & we found it before leaving. I beat he'll order more then just the 2 figures. :poke:

Sadly, he wouldn't be able to join my Weds night D&D game if he did, as I'm full with 7 people. Come to think about it, if a couple people show up that have been awol the last couple weeks, I'm not sure where I'm gonna sit them down. Normally, I'd just point them to the other D&D table as they need reliable players at that table, but these are regulars & they had to miss due to no fault of their own. I guess we shall see.

40 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hi guys need your input.

Working on these:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/99265-intergalactic-journey-glitterwolf-paints-aliens-spacecraft-and-other-scifi-things/

I don't play the games.

These Jackals are from Onepagerules (3D printed by me) their basing set comes with both square and round options.

I used two of my own for this pic.

What looks best?

Square or Round?

Please tell me.

20220621_140150.jpg

Hmmm, this one is a tough one. normally I'd say round, but then again, I'm a D&D player that uses mini & I like the round uniformed look. Both of these guys do look good on both. If your gonna do your regular stuff with them, I'd say square, as I think that might fit your terrain/background better. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Road Trip!

Maybe. 

Looks like I'm going to be headed to Indianapolis IN and Charlotte NC to do some installs.  Told the company I contract to that I'd like them to schedule them in conjunction with a planned trip my wife and I had already made to go to Kokomo IN to visit the glass factory there next month.   If I can get them on board with the schedule, it means they'll pay for all my gas, plus we'll get to stop and see family in OH and KY. 

@Glitterwolf It's probably due to my early days of WFB and 40k, but personally I like everything on round bases these days, unless the minis are for a game that groups the figures together in rows/columns, in which case, I prefer square.  YMMV. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hi guys need your input.

Working on these:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/99265-intergalactic-journey-glitterwolf-paints-aliens-spacecraft-and-other-scifi-things/

I don't play the games.

These Jackals are from Onepagerules (3D printed by me) their basing set comes with both square and round options.

What looks best?

Square or Round?

Please tell me.

20220621_140150.jpg

No, no, NO!

HEX bases!

Something like this one;

hex_tile.thumb.png.9f9ca1c319c929fc94747503e5f5e7f2.png

No, you can't have the .STL

I'm not finished with it, yet...

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

today's car wash drama

We have a site that is co-located with a marijuana dispensary, and owned by the same people.  Pretty sure the guy calling for tech support help today has been heavily sampling the dispensary product.  To quote our dispatch: "I got a contact high just talking to the guy on the phone!" 

• Haha 13

5 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

today's car wash drama

We have a site that is co-located with a marijuana dispensary, and owned by the same people.  Pretty sure the guy calling for tech support help today has been heavily sampling the dispensary product.  To quote our dispatch: "I got a contact high just talking to the guy on the phone!" 

Sounds like the doctor I went to see about medical weed for my anxiety disorder. I don't care if it might help, I am not taking medical advice from a guy who went into medical weed for easy access to medical weed. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Pretty sure the guy calling for tech support help today has been heavily sampling the dispensary product.

Cross wire the businesses so that the weed customers get hosed down and the cars get buried in brownies. 

• Haha 9

Here's something unexpected from my part, last Saturday I participated in a dragon-boat racing charity event with some of my coworkers.

289594809_5476975429085748_2472339839461459853_n.thumb.jpg.3062dd82dae55b678ec637130095fc5c.jpg

(I'm in the centre row, first one on the right with the open jacket

85 teams of 20 rowers, three 200m races spread over the day. Everyone had sore shoulders for two days, and we weren't the best synchronized team. Strong start, but lacking in the middle part of the race.

And the weather was miserable! Unseasonably cold (max 13C/55F), rainy and windy. And because of some delays, we had to wait longer than expected before our turn came. Luckily, some of the team brought some insulated curtains and a propane heater to our team booth, otherwise we would've lost some participants to hypothermia (I mean, they would've went home before freezing more).

The bosses catered our participation, so we had plenty of food, snacks and beverages (including micro-brewery beer) to go around. Only thing missing would've been hot coffee for the whole team (I brought my own in a thermos).

My sister is still in disbelief that I even considered participating.

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hi guys need your input.

Working on these:

I don't play the games.

What looks best?

Square or Round?

Please tell me.

20220621_140150.jpg

I'm normally a round base kind of guy (just a personal preference) but they're equally at home on those squares AND they'll match the rest of the basing on your shelf, so I'd argue squares... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1