Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday's history trivia for June 25th:

• 1678 – Venetian Elena Cornaro Piscopia became the first woman awarded a doctorate of philosophy when she graduated from the University of Padua.

• 1910 – Igor Stravinsky's ballet The Firebird premiered in Paris, bringing him to prominence as a composer.

• 1947 – The Diary of a Young Girl (better known as The Diary of Anne Frank) was published, first in Dutch and eventually in over 70 languages.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, haldir said:

Mons & Tues mornings I get out of work early at or around 4 am, I opened the front door & was proceeding to lock it behind me when I noticed there was a critter wandering down the road. As it went under a street light I noticed it wasn't a cat or dog but perhaps a badger or similar creature. I decided to stay at work for a few minutes more to give it some space, as it was going down the road I walk down. Yah, no badger (or similar) encounters for me!!

I want to suggest some sort of paranormal thing but I don't use that term anymore. It's a Navajo word, so you can probably figure it out. :ph34r:

I'm trying to prepare for the impending heat wave that's going to hit this weekend. I'm working the night of the worst of it. We're talking Arizona temps. I've never seen it this hot in my life. I've already warned my work that I might call out on Sunday. Part of it is because I'm working at a dangerous location and the other part is, if I can't sleep, I don't work. If I'm tired, I can't work. I don't even care if they fire me.

• Like 6

Had a site call me this morning because someone damaged a coin box while attempting to break in and rob it. 

I just received the pictures of the damage, and along with that, a picture from their surveillance camera showing the suspect and his vehicle.  The face is only clear enough that it could be one of a thousand young men in the metro area. 

The Colorado license plate, however, is crystal clear. 

• Like 9

Our GM sent around a message wanting to know if him not being there tomorrow night would ruin the evening for everyone.  No I think we can manage the super finale boss battle ourselves, thanks. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

24 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Our GM sent around a message wanting to know if him not being there tomorrow night would ruin the evening for everyone.  No I think we can manage the super finale boss battle ourselves, thanks. 

You should all get together without him to play something else, but tell him you played out the finale yourselves.  And brainstorm the outcome that would bug him the most, whether it's that you won, lost or something bizarre.  :devil:

Edited by kristof65
  • Haha 12

37 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Kinda reminds me of one of my players. Due to the guy has diabetes or pre-diabetic (whatever), the heat right now is bothersome to him as it makes his temperature raise. My garage is semi-cool. I've only been uncomfortable out there a few times, but with the fans going, I'm fine. One of my players is getting tired of this guy's antics during the game anymore. He is the one that drives a total 2 hrs roundtrip to play & the last few weeks have started to grind on him:

week 1 the diabetic guy is tired, said he didn't get much sleep & is pretty much is asleep at the table. We decide to call the game early that day, thou travel guy isn't pleased (don't blame him there)

week 2 we didn't play due to that was weekend of Thumper's passing & I didn't feel playing. No problems on anyone over this one. Everyone responded with well wishes for Thumper to get better as Saturday was the day I was suppose to go the vet.

week 3 (last week) we are playing & we've got a good grove going when the diabetic guy after he goes out to the driveway to have a couple puffs of his vape, comes back & lays on the ground in front of one of the fans. He was pretty much not into the game at this point as when it came to his turn in combat he had to ask what was going on. He also asked if we could call the game at 2 that day. (we start at 11 am). Normally we go between 3 & 4. He then asked if we would move the game to his place as he has a big basement with a big table down there. I told him the main reason why I started the at home game was the whole "at home" thing & declined.

Around 2:15 after a combat session was over, I called the game that day.

So tomorrow we'll see what happens with diabetic guy. He says he's into the game, just the heat really gets to him. I decided to bump the start time to 10 to offset the heat (so we'll go to around 2 to 3). Travel guy did send me a response back saying that I need to talk with diabetic guy over the delays & recent problems he is causing & I'm the one that sets the stop time, bla bla. Yah, whatever dude (this is the same guy that decided his current character didn't die in the first session because he didn't get the opportunity to roll to save his character.....again, whatever dude. He is also the guy that if he doesn't agree with a ruling or situation, he'll twist it enough that it's agreeable to him. Again, whatever dude.

I like my players as we are all friends, but some of them are a bit much some days. Speaking of fans, I was going to get a better one today after I took a nap, I took a 1/2 hour one, so I guess I better go look at them.....

• Like 8

It’s been a good day.  I have (for many years now) worked a compressed work week schedule of mostly 9-hour days to get alternate Fridays off, and today was an off day.  I headed down to the rink for an ice dance lesson (and lived to tell the tale), and it was still a very pleasant 70F (21C) when I got back, so I had a bite of lunch, pumped up my bike tires, and headed downtown on a combined ride/errand, to pick up some coffee and check out the FLGS.  

It’s my parents’ wedding anniversary, so we called them to wish them well before my brother takes them out to dinner (it’s four states away; we were up two weeks ago), and it’s almost time to get up and start some spaghetti sauce.

That just leaves me quietly catching up on the boards, and thinking about the open action items before recruiting for a new RPG…

How’s everyone else doing?

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

It’s been a good day.  I have (for many years now) worked a compressed work week schedule of mostly 9-hour days to get alternate Fridays off, and today was an off day.  I headed down to the rink for an ice dance lesson (and lived to tell the tale), and it was still a very pleasant 70F (21C) when I got back, so I had a bite of lunch, pumped up my bike tires, and headed downtown on a combined ride/errand, to pick up some coffee and check out the FLGS.  

It’s my parents’ wedding anniversary, so we called them to wish them well before my brother takes them out to dinner (it’s four states away; we were up two weeks ago), and it’s almost time to get up and start some spaghetti sauce.

That just leaves me quietly catching up on the boards, and thinking about the open action items before recruiting for a new RPG…

It was really nice when I got home from work this morning (around 830 or so). It was cool enough that I went outside & sprayed some model parts & even sprayed a flesh coat on a mini. (funny when I bought Tamiya flat flesh, I thought I'd only use it for large ogre that I wanted to do a quick job, now it's actually a decent color for that). Currently it's 91 & climbing & we are in excessive heat warning right now. It's  only suppose to get to 96 today (cooldown!!!) then Hell opens up after today......Ughhh to early for this...

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

Decent, just trying not to melt. It's going to be 100*+F for...several days. The weather forecast keeps changing as to how many days that will be. Monday, specifically, keeps getting hotter. It's now up to 111*F. It's at this point I'm very glad we have a heat pump and I feel very bad for all those who are not so lucky. Hope y'all who are effected by the heat wave get through it safe and sound.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

It's been a decent day here. Usual stuff at work, but nothing overly bad.  Afternoon calls have been slow, so I've been "wandering" the streets of Japan again on Google Streets again looking for terrain building inspiration.  Just ran across this:

image.png.9998dbcd847c849b33ffa13bf4f6b199.png

I will not be attempting this paint scheme on one of my buildings, not because it would be difficult, but because I don't think anyone would find it believable. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 7