Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Weekend is off to a good start; my wife and I spent some time last night playing games.

We played some HeroQuest, then we played/did a walkthrough of a new boardgame we got a while ago. It seemed like fun, definitely better with more people, though. It's a cooperative game called 'Dungeons and Dragons: The Adventure Begins'

• Like 7

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drank 0 alcohol on Canada Day but went to bed late and now I'm dragging my butt as if I had. Hate waking up at my normal time with no energy to do things. Need to get moving but my easy chair is so comfy right now.

• Like 8

On 7/1/2022 at 12:29 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians, and anyone else who feels like celebrating it. 🙂

That explains Grump pulling out Due South. ::P:

Fun show, hadn't seen it since the last time Grump dug it up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Self provided, u less you can find places providing it for free. 

EW, Molson Canada?  At least go with Labatt Blue, beer should have taste 😛

Well, I was sticking with the "Canada branding everywhere!" theme. And since I was inviting Americans, I didn't want to weird them out by offering them beer with flavor.

18 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

As a proud Maritimer, how about we go with Keiths?  Or at least Moosehead.  Schooner?  Do they still make that? 

I also appreciate a nice Alexander Keith's or Moosehead.

And being a Quebecker, I have tons of micro-breweries to choose from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Most American beer is garbage. Give me a good German or English brew any day.

I made quite a few friends in a private club in Portsmouth, England that I stumbled into by accident. When I asked the lady behind the bar what was on tap, she replied 'Ye won't like it, sweetie, it's something all the old fishermen drink.' I asked for one anyway and surprised everyone by not only liking it, but by going pint for pint for the rest of the evening.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Most American beer is garbage. Give me a good German or English brew any day.

I made quite a few friends in a private club in Portsmouth, England that I stumbled into by accident. When I asked the lady behind the bar what was on tap, she replied 'Ye won't like it, sweetie, it's something all the old fishermen drink.' I asked for one anyway and surprised everyone by not only liking it, but by going pint for pint for the rest of the evening.

Had a similar experience, only in Hong Kong in the early 70s.

Put me off of most US brewed beer for a long time.

to this day I prefer a Porter or Stout and at a temperature well above what most Americans will even consider drinking.

GEM

• Like 6

CLEAN!!

Clean all the things!

Clean the living room!!

Clean out the refrigerator!

Reorganize the miniature storage so that it conforms with the latest and greatest 'really good idea' that will be inevitably replaced with 'an even better ideatm' in a months time!

CLEAN!!

• Like 7