• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

PSA:

1780940862_images(11).jpg.628013211335ef5f6fd303aa64a19a1a.jpg

When I was pre-teen/teenager, I was put in charge of the fireworks precisely because the adults had been drinking. 

We used to go camping by a lake in WY every 4th of July with family & friends, and by the time dark rolled around, as the oldest kid, I was deemed most responsible. 

Okay, okay, I suppose my begging to be in charge of the fireworks was another part of the reason. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

Getting some much needed rain this morning. Going to storm throughout the day thankfully. Got the entire week off due to plant shutdown week, so hopefullynI can get some things done around the house... starting with the unexpected internet and cable issues.

Have a good day!

• Like 9

Going to be another rough week of work, happily only three days. I had a total of five emails waiting for me. Three system generated, one meeting change, and one status email. Gonna be another week of finding my own path rather than receiving any direction.

• Like 8

G.R.F.F.N Food Log:

Stardate: 20220704

Yesterday’s Dinner…

78FA933E-8155-494B-891B-1CCB4A67A90A.thumb.jpeg.4135a172e9cda8d5b6a15c683ca5c2fb.jpeg

I tried for Chevrolet, Baseball, Hot Dogs, and Apple Pie. 

I went One for Four. 

There were BBQ flavor kettle chips (crisps to some) and vintage beer —although it insisted it was Irish.  But I am a few parts Irish, so that was OK. 

• Like 7

3 work nights down, 2 more to go this week till vacation (again). I kinda like this take a vacation one month, then anther the next month. I'm also "celebrating" my birthday next month on the 11th, why? Well we get paid for it & I never used it on my actual date, so figured 3 nights off will be a nice lead up to ReaperCon vacation at the end of the month.

Got a offer notification from the Samsung Galaxy store on my phone & finally decided to take it - 6 months free of XMSirius radio streaming option. I can handle that!

Off to the garage for some hobby'ing!

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2022 at 12:14 PM, Great Khan Artist said:

Legally or totally? I had a good friend in college who was legally blind. I'm hard of hearing and so we made a great couple. 

Back when NEMPA first started doing our Paint Days, we had a painter who was legally blind... He painted under a microscope.

21 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Happy Treason Day

Before my old puter crashed, I had a picture I'd cobbled together - it was an image of the Boston Tea party, and over it I'd written:

"Proof that the Colonials require British supervision:

They can't even make a proper cuppa.

They dumped all that tea into the harbor

before they'd even boiled the water.

Idiots.                          "

::D:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

Why is it that whenever I have to talk to the internet company about how I can't connect to the internet, after they decide they need to send a tech to my home they then give me a website to answer any questions or track the tech? If one has no internet, how do they think a website will help me?

That's rhetorical, btw. I know the phone people are just reading from a script. And yes, I have a smart phone to access internet, but let's pretend I didn't, because some still fight the good fight on not having one.

At least the cable company got the new box here over the holiday weekend. Now we see if that will fix those problems.

And also, massive props to Patrick Keith, Bombshell Miniatures and (incredibly shocking) the USPS. My order from the 30th made it from Texas to several states away over a holiday weekend. That hardly ever happens these days when USPS is involved. Almost gave me a heart attack when I got the mail.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, haldir said:

3 work nights down, 2 more to go this week till vacation (again). I kinda like this take a vacation one month, then anther the next month. I'm also "celebrating" my birthday next month on the 11th, why? Well we get paid for it & I never used it on my actual date, so figured 3 nights off will be a nice lead up to ReaperCon vacation at the end of the month.

Got a offer notification from the Samsung Galaxy store on my phone & finally decided to take it - 6 months free of XMSirius radio streaming option. I can handle that!

Off to the garage for some hobby'ing!

Just a hint for those of you who like Sirius. They have a 6 month package for 5.99 a month, but you gotta ask for it. Has all the main channels.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

That hardly ever happens these days when USPS is involved. Almost gave me a heart attack when I got the mail.

No kidding.

I had just the opposite happen about 2 weeks ago; I got a card in the mail 8 days after it was postmarked.

In the exact same city I live in. :blink:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 6