Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Just a hint for those of you who like Sirius. They have a 6 month package for 5.99 a month, but you gotta ask for it. Has all the main channels.

Wonder if they still offer lifetime memberships. That one has really been a good value (now passing 14 years).

• Like 7

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to have to test again in the morning. I woke up and feel like I got hit by a truck. Feels like a head cold but testing just to be safe. Then if all is well off to JoAnn's we go because I need yarn. Dunno where I'm gonna keep it but I need some.

• Sad 9

I have to go in to work tomorrow, to see if they can fix my $%^# iphone.  It has randomly stopped producing notifications, which would normally be just annoying, but with the two factor authentications we have to do for work it is an utter pain.
And since it's a work phone the phone guys at the office have to deal with it.  I'm hoping they biff it and give me something newer, as it's a 7, the oldest phone they still support, and the battery is well into the dying phase.

On a more positive note, I've started recovering from my case of Bell's Palsy.  Last Thursday mt face started aching on that side, which is a good thing since it means the nerve is doing something. By Friday my lower lip had improved to the point where I could freely drink without having to prop it up to avoid dribbling.  And my lower lid has now improved to the point I no longer have to patch it overnight to keep it closed.  And everything else is starting to move a bit.   
Super happy with the speed of recovery, since the info from the hospital listed a recovery time of 2 weeks to 6 months.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

No kidding.

I had just the opposite happen about 2 weeks ago; I got a card in the mail 8 days after it was postmarked.

In the exact same city I live in. :blink:

I think my best mail story was when I applied to go to college. We had the application form all ready for the post, with the stamp on it and everything, but we were in town that weekend and decided to visit the campus. We figured we had the letter right there, why post it from the village and wait a week to see if I'd been accepted? When we saw security, we asked them to slip it in the applications department mailbox. They said no problem. We found out a week later from admissions that security had mailed the letter to the college. 

When I was in college, I worked part time at the department store. I was usually the evening first aid gal, so I had a little pouch on my belt. I went straight from college to work, so I usually just wore my work clothes to class. Some of my classmates asked, and I explained this to them. I was like, "Do you trust those idiots on security? Because I don't." 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

First time in a long time that I managed to get all the ReaperCon classes I had as first picks. I think my past experience knowing that Growtix would throw some monkey wrench at things helped.

• Like 7