Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

26 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oh, I wouldn't doubt it.  Another reason the local forces mentioned were the BMW's were noticeably lighter fully loaded out, which is handy if you have to pick it back up, or just generally move it around.  I could see the reduced vibrations definitely being handy too.

Imagine being on a riding lawnmower all day.  That's what it's like on a Harley.  The newer bikes are better but still subject to excess vibration due to the 45 degree engine design H-D has used since the '30s.Even with a counter-shaft to offset the vibration they still produce more vibration than any other touring class motorcycle out there.

Of course, I'm somewhat prejudiced having been spoiled by the four cylinder [Honda] Gold Wings I used to ride.  Same "flat" or boxer engine design as used by the BMWs, same shaft drive so no chain or belt maintenance, same low maintenance as the BMWs and long distance durability.

GEM

• Like 5

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

As many of you know, I adore the "Twilight Zone". There is a classic episode (aren't they all classic?) with an old guy at a retirement home who promises that those who join him in a midnight session of childhood games will be young again. Of course, there's a little magic involved, but he says you are only as old as you believe you are.

If I'm only as old as I believe I am, then I've just reached the threshold for carbon dating... :rolleyes:

And I love that episode.

17 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Over on ENWorld we've been discussing the old "Behold the power of cheese..." commercial, and I brought up how, one time back in college (back when people still got that reference, lol) I ripped up a cheese slice into the shape of a cross and slapped it on the forehead of one of those folks who took the whole vampire thing way too seriously, while chanting, "The Power of Cheese compels you! The Power of Cheese compels you!"...    ::P:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

On 7/23/2022 at 6:32 AM, Mad Jack said:

This is now also my official head canon as well.

If you're starting a religion, I'd like to join... 

We can call ourselves.. hmm... Bairdians?

In other news... this weekend I did the thing and bought a ticket to one of Juan Hildago's workshops at Scale 75 in August, a full 2 day workshop.  I figured I didn't really need a vendor hall budget for Reapercon, I already have trouble storing all the unpainted minis and terrain I already have, so yeah...  Then of course today I notice the confirmation in my email and have a whole round of doubt that my skills are even near the point to take something like this....

Maybe I just need one of those coffee ice cream donut cone things TripleH posted yesterday to console myself....

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The original, or Inquisition?

Original , I was rummaging through my stuff and found the dvd...decided to give it a try. So far I'm not sure though, seems pretty linear. 

Just finished Fallout 3 which I stumbled upon in the same way a few weeks ago...

• Like 7

On 7/24/2022 at 5:45 PM, Chaoswolf said:

295529409_10158734763452045_839427206381778924_n.thumb.jpg.ec2bf2077f7c604cd2e196c46c1d9c38.jpg

When this came across my FB feed a few days ago, I was in the kitchen with my wife and 11 yr old daughter. I busted out laughing, and showed my wife, who also started laughing.  My daughter asked what was so funny, so I said "naked muppets" and turned to show her.  She immediately closed her eyes, covered them with her hand and refused to look at the screen, which just made my wife and I laugh harder. 

Part of me wants to ramble on this morning, but I think I'll save the rambling for later. 

• Haha 15

9 hours ago, TGP said:

This Random Raptor brought to you by: Pendrake the Gryphon and sponsored by the Coptic Alphabet. 

The coptic alphabet is amazing. It's the greek version of ancient egyptian. The coptic church still uses the ancient egyptian language in some of its services. It was still a local language and has an epic poem written as late as 1250. Unfortunately, its demise came with the rise of Islam to the region. So, if you want to talk like an egyptian, just saying...

• Like 8

Hi all, been quiet for a while due to work and other life related issues. 

Annnd, because, for whatever reason, the off topic section of the forum will not load for me on my phone or on my computers.  I can get to this topic through a notification but I cannot get to any of the other topics in this section and when we move to a new off topic topic, i will lose access to that too.  there does not seem to be anything wrong, the location just will not resolve. the rest of the forum is fine.

Anyway, if anyone is going to Reapercon, could someone look at the vendor hall and get the contact information of the store that is selling the Warlord game stuff?  looking for a US source for the newer Black Seas stuff.

Thanks!

• Like 7

@Kangaroorex that sucks. Had some computer issues recently myself.  Any chance it's a forum setting or something like that?

Anyway, it looks like there's a Warlord Games North America facebook page with phone number and other contact info.  

• Like 5