Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

25 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Oh boy! Next Wednesday will be clear liquids and “bowel prep”! Sounds like a party!

Just a preventative check. No known medical issues.

You are not alone.

I get to do the same routine a couple of weeks from now.

No history of cancer or other maladies in that part of the body on either side of the family but a test [which I have since been informed has about a 50% accuracy rate] advised my doctor it was time for a "closer look".

Next time the doctor wants that test we are going to have a serious discussion about test results versus accuracy.

In the technical fields I used to work in, a 50% accuracy rate was labeled a "guess".

GEM

• Like 7

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Oh boy! Next Wednesday will be clear liquids and “bowel prep”! Sounds like a party!

Been there.  Done that.  Another year or so and I have to do it again (family medical history--although I'm technically of age now, anyway).

I had a much easier time of it than some of my family.  The worst part was the nurse that didn't want to believe that I'd consumed the ironically named prep (GoLytely?  No, that's not accurate).  Followed closely by the seven sticks to get the IV in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

You are not alone.

I get to do the same routine a couple of weeks from now.

No history of cancer or other maladies in that part of the body on either side of the family but a test [which I have since been informed has about a 50% accuracy rate] advised my doctor it was time for a "closer look".

Next time the doctor wants that test we are going to have a serious discussion about test results versus accuracy.

In the technical fields I used to work in, a 50% accuracy rate was labeled a "guess".

GEM

I've been to that party (the music was decent, but no one felt like dancing). Considering my dad died of colon cancer, my siblings and me *are* at higher risk.

I was home for the first "bowel prep", so no issues. For the second one on the day of the exam, I knew I had a two drive to reach the clinic, so I left extra early so to avoid any emergency pit stop.

Everything went well, a few polyps removed. Next appointment in 5 years (3 years now). Can't wait.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Glitterwolf there with the delicious home cooked food... And over here I'm eating a Donair.... 

That’s okay, we ate out tonight too.

Old house related rant:

So, my MIL’s house is like, 110 years old, so it’s got problems. Like, funky wiring, two layers of drywall, plus the original clapboard, none of the floors or walls are quite straight. That sort of thing. 

But there’s also a lot of perfectly avoidable problems, caused by neglect. Like the toilet clogging, because there’s roots in the sewer line, every couple of years. 

And problems because my MIL is too trusting. She was assured when she bought the house that all the plumbing had been recently replaced. Both of the plumbers who’ve been in to deal with the clogging have aired us that these pipes haven’t been touched in the last 40 years.

Or the chimney inspector that assured her the chimney was safe, but if you look at it from the right angle, you can see through it. (It’s been capped.)

I don’t like living here and I don’t like dealing with these perfectly avoidable problems. Yes, everything is breaking down now, because you haven’t maintained it properly. Proper maintenance goes a long way toward avoiding huge bills.

• Like 10

Woo Hoo!

Went out for pizza for dinner.  Owner talked me into an extra large for the same price as a large.

Ridiculous amount of food for two people, especially since they loaded it up to the point where the toppings were falling off from the overload, so we will be having pizza for dinner tomorrow as well as for snacks.

On the way home the rain that has been threatening hit and hit hard.  Rain drops bouncing off the road and making a ground level fog hard.  Thunder and lightning and a rainbow as well, all at the same time as the rain.  Went over the small range of hills separating Stagecoach Valley from Dayton Valley and Mark Twain and it's clear and dry on the Stagecoach side, with wind and the occasional lightning strike.

If they have a storm like this one hit Reno before next Monday there are going to be some unhappy Hot Rod Owners as Hot August Nights is going on all week.

GEM

Enjoying the fragrance of freshly watered sagebrush.

• Like 10

So, my brother found thing thing called “Wombo Dream”, uses AI or something to make character art. I dunno. He asked me to name a random animal and a random DnD class.

I set the bat too high and said “pangolin bard”.

0AFA5E53-E19E-46F1-8901-4DECA2B6E924.thumb.png.e23a29960641b126b3dcd58d09a15034.png
This is the best it could do.

So I lowered the bar (quite a bit), and said “cat rogue”.

266422B2-61B8-48CC-97AC-88E47EF33D37.thumb.png.d073dd6489390bad36071a86f97a558b.png

It clearly struggles with anatomy. Is it a dwarf cat? Is it’s tail disconnected?

C5BD49C8-AE35-4894-A24B-33DE49DB4B12.thumb.png.fe4a0622d620bebc1a0ca2ac870eb818.png

And like, what? I don’t even know…??

Its like The Thing tried to make a new human with other bits of humans, and forgot where all the bits are supposed to go. 

Sendit back for anatomy lessons!!!

• Haha 13

23 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Its like The Thing tried to make a new human with other bits of humans, and forgot where all the bits are supposed to go. 

Sendit back for anatomy lessons!!!

It is still better than that Rob Liefeld Dude. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

BREAKING THE LAW, BREAKING THE LAW!!

The bigger question is...

wait for it

Who? Who? Who let the dogs out? Who? Who? Who let the dogs out?

(sorry, couldn't help it.)

Almost quit my job/canceled my contract last night. Combination of service manager trying to get me to handle yet another site issue that requires engineering, the site owner using a feature in a way that's not standard and then that site owner refusing to deal with the issue via email (where I could actually copy engineering on it). 

• Sad 13

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Almost quit my job/canceled my contract last night. Combination of service manager trying to get me to handle yet another site issue that requires engineering…

Don’t quit your job . . .

. . . cause a service disruption to your own internet instead! Cripple internet—Save job.

:unsure: When you say “requires engineering” is this a Union Workrule? involves passwords only they have? …software changes? :unsure:

• Like 5

19 years ago on this date in baseball, probably one of my favorite moments ever.

mlb_a_ryanventura_cr__1296x729.jpg&w=920

Nolan Ryan (my favorite baseball player of all time, btw) , Texas Rangers, took it to a arrogant & younger (20 years, actually) then Nolan, Robin Ventura, of the Chicago White Sox. Robin charged him after getting hit with a pitch, he pauses like "should I do this?" & then Nolan just took the fight to him. Awesome moment in sports history.

Here's a youtube link for the whole thing, if you wanna watch history:

https://fb.watch/eHFsdnxmV0/

• Like 6
  • Haha 2