Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

WOOF FOOD LOG.

As I mentioned, Yesterday's Dinner Moussaka and a Salad.

20220813_174512.jpg.587dc147cc20d5e4840d95711cea095e.jpg20220813_174519.jpg.6531b3d2b9bd54b65ee0249740c71cf6.jpg

And then we had friends over, I didn't take pics of the Tapas Plate I made, but I did take one of the pastries that went with the Tea.

Cherry Pie, Stawberry Shells, Pudding Rolls, Tom Pouces and a Apricot Pie.

20220813_195004.jpg.fc3288260b1232cfbd36ce352d0ca55f.jpg

My friend, you have a wonderful gift and your hard work shows off. I hope your guests were appreciative!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/12/2022 at 6:00 PM, haldir said:

298734601_799273411523045_25101018623866

Back before I knew Grump, beyond being the Changeling Storyteller at a LARP, he played this horrible Changeling NPC.

He put Ricotta or maybe Cottage cheese in a milk carton, and sealed it back up.

Then, later, in character, opened the"milk", poured it plop, plop, plop, glug, glug, glug, into a glass, and DRANK IT!

Even the vampires stayed away, and us mages RAN. ::o:

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

My friend, you have a wonderful gift and your hard work shows off. I hope your guests were appreciative!

Thx!

They liked it all, we had a nice evening together.

Sat out in the Garden in our gazebo, some beers and wine etc.

Tonight's Dinner will be pancakes, plain and with Apple due to request of the ladies.

The plain ones will be topped with jam, honey and or sugar etc..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8

I hate it when I forget about sugar. Had a vanilla shake and it knocked me straight out for two hours of napping. Right. Let's not do that again.

Getting a bit more paint on my ReaperCon entry just now. Was going to be doing it all day. Wrong.

Stupid molecules.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Shopping is DONE! Now, I can get on with the important stuff (goofing off). 

I didn’t do any shopping Sunday. 
The last** shopping I did worked out poorly. (And this was online “shopping” / ordering.)

**Out of 12 items ordered from Wallyworld, 7 showed up, 5 were missing. 

That’s a 58% success rate !!

:mellow:

@Pegazus that outfit you work for, y’all wouldn’t launch a bird that only had a 58% chance of working would you?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Back before I knew Grump, beyond being the Changeling Storyteller at a LARP, he played this horrible Changeling NPC.

Then, later, in character, opened the"milk", poured it plop, plop, plop, glug, glug, glug, into a glass, and DRANK IT!

There's a scene from Grumpy Old Men (our possibly the sequel, Grumpier Old Men) where Jack Lemmon's character goes to Walter Matthau's character's place for some milk. When he pours it onto a glass it happens that way and he complains about expired milk and storms off. Walter Matthau's character then drinks it and comments "tastes okay to me."

Edited by sumbloke
  • Haha 9

33 minutes ago, TGP said:

@Pegazus that outfit you work for, y’all wouldn’t launch a bird that only had a 58% chance of working would you?

You'd be surprised. Certain programs have a lot more tolerance for risk than others. My current one just did a launch that resulted in complete destruction. Customer is unconcerned as it's a test flight anyway and we learned a lot. Other customers I've worked for have taken a literal decade getting comfortable with firing something off. And because they waited so long, some things have started to fall apart. Think plastics and rubber. So reworking things like that is unpleasant.

Now, with about a half hour to paint more, I'm going to go screw up the paint job I've already done. I'm rapidly approaching the "arg, this is crap!" stage of the paint so I'm progressing nicely. I had a nice midtone going on and I think I painted the base too far back to the edges. Now I'm shooting for a highlight and will probably have to expand the midtones again. Then again, maybe not. Have to see.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

This seems like SUCH a Grump thing to do.....

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Here I sit. 

Waiting in the shade. 

0FB2B2D3-F3CD-41F5-B617-736FF099C905.thumb.jpeg.c22ba9ff0593236ec759fba5e562e973.jpeg

Waiting for groceries to show up. 

Already know I’m not getting any Gatorade. ‘Cause computers tell lies. They say we got Gatorade… Order some Gatorade…. And then when the computer’s little hooman minions finally go look for Gatorade….?

Nope. No Gatorade. 

Here I sit, waiting in the shade. 

Edited by TGP
Don’t wait for an apostrophe Ninja to fix your mistakes kidz! Rule 45. Clean up the mess that you make.
  • Like 5

On 8/12/2022 at 8:44 PM, Chaoswolf said:

298882244_3210782249171296_6534299618053256225_n.jpg.b63ce12c65374502b3929c95745af225.jpg

It can't be too bad, since Dean Winchester's Impala isn't there too. 

On 8/13/2022 at 11:03 PM, Green Eyed Monsty said:

This is for @kristof65

312525022_UFOStupidPeople.jpg.b0952e60f1ed90207f2eb9f60e488e2e.jpg

And they are all in the Coin Operated Car Wash Business.

GEM

LOL. They didn't drop them just in the Car Wash business - I encountered a cashier at Arby's this weekend who got confused when I handed her a twenty dollar bill and two quarters to pay for my $10.50 meal. 

On 8/14/2022 at 1:07 AM, TGP said:

It occurs to me that, Most of the problems @kristof65 vents about would be solved by downgrading the sites to Coins Only operation. 

No cards. 
No paper cash. 
Just Coins. 

Guess what the first problem of the day is today?  Someone who can't get their teller to dispense coins. 
You may be right in that I would vent less, but there are still idjits out there calling me with coin problems. But most coin problems are mechanical, and I can't do anything remotely anyways, save run through an educational speech on what to check/do.  The follow up calls go a lot like this:

Me: Did you check X?

Cust: Yes.

Me: Did you check Y?

Cust: Yes

Me: Did you check Z?

Me: Then you missed something. Go check them again. 

If they find something stupid such as a Susan B Anthony Dollar coin mixed in with the quarters and causing a jam, I almost never hear about it. 

Flew to Denver on Friday, picked up a U-Haul truck, loaded it with furniture from my parents house (they're downsizing to a new apartment) on Sat morning, then drove it back to Iowa Sat night/Sunday.  Unloaded it last night. Realized that the big China Hutch piece we picked up will not make it downstairs.  Which means I drove it to Iowa just to sell it. <sigh>.  At least it wasn't the only thing in the truck. 

Physically wiped out today

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

It can't be too bad, since Dean Winchester's Impala isn't there too. 

LOL. They didn't drop them just in the Car Wash business - I encountered a cashier at Arby's this weekend who got confused when I handed her a twenty dollar bill and two quarters to pay for my $10.50 meal. 

Guess what the first problem of the day is today?  Someone who can't get their teller to dispense coins. 
You may be right in that I would vent less, but there are still idjits out there calling me with coin problems. But most coin problems are mechanical, and I can't do anything remotely anyways, save run through an educational speech on what to check/do.  The follow up calls go a lot like this:

Me: Did you check X?

Cust: Yes.

Me: Did you check Y?

Me: Did you check Z?

Me: Then you missed something. Go check them again. 

If they find something stupid such as a Susan B Anthony Dollar coin mixed in with the quarters and causing a jam, I almost never hear about it. 

Flew to Denver on Friday, picked up a U-Haul truck, loaded it with furniture from my parents house (they're downsizing to a new apartment) on Sat morning, then drove it back to Iowa Sat night/Sunday.  Unloaded it last night. Realized that the big China Hutch piece we picked up will not make it downstairs.  Which means I drove it to Iowa just to sell it. <sigh>.  At least it wasn't the only thing in the truck. 

Physically wiped out today

Used to have that happen when we were in the Coin Operated Amusement and Vending Business.

It's such an easy thing to clear, compared to the problems caused by bent coins, particularly those with knarfed edges.

GEM

Addendum:  The confusion of the cashier is one of my pet peeves about the breakdown of the education system, especially since before going into the Navy I was a counter person/cashier at a McDonalds and always assigned a window during the Friday Night Rush.  I would work the grill or fry station when it was slow but I was fast and accurate enough to be put on the window whenever things got busy

Pencil and order pad and a cash register that could only take the money and keep a running total of how much should be in the drawer.  If I was off by 10 cents for a full shift it was a big deal.

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 4