Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

15 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

If they call me that's fine, I just don't want to initiate anymore phone conversations than I have to.

Does calling up a number you know nobody's going to answer and then screaming into the phone and hanging up count as initiating a conversation? Because that sounds like it might help at this point.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Today's dumb broccoli is the guy who had part of his system get soaked by a broken hose in the equipment room including the module that is programmed with his merchant information and transmits credit card transactions to the clearing house. 

Instead of contacting his distributor and getting a proper replacement, he bought a used one off of eBay and connected it to his system.  He's lucky he didn't buy the right model, and that it was so old that the clearing house rejected the transactions for not having the right security commands, because the one he bought was still programmed for a liquor store in Wisconsin. 

So now he's out whatever he paid on eBay plus the hour's worth of troubleshooting time I did, on top of the cost of a new unit purchased through his distributor. 

But part of me still wishes that it had been new enough to work, and sent his transactions to that liquor store owner, because he likely wouldn't have noticed it for a couple of months and there would have been nothing I could do for him to help him get his money back.   Then I'd be able to say "Remember the liquor store fiasco you caused" every time he tried to short cut his distributor. 

OMFG!

I shared the ticket with the other techs so they could have a laugh. 

The  service manger read the ticket, and then berated me for not trying to upgrade the unit with the customer's correct merchant information. 

And I know full well that if I had indulged the customer, the service manager would have berated me for that, pointing out that it costs us money. 

• Sad 9

4 hours ago, haldir said:

2 Weeks till my RCon vacation starts! Oddly, minis are painted; Critter minis are stored in their foam trays; stuff that I wanted to print out is printed...who am I? ::P:

NO!! Stop saying that, I'm not ready yet! Saying 15 days sounds like its MUCH longer.::P:

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Does calling up a number you know nobody's going to answer and then screaming into the phone and hanging up count as initiating a conversation? Because that sounds like it might help at this point.

I have done this with the electric company’s B#####-###### S##### F###### robot. It doesn’t help much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Today I had a genius level idea. You know those service stations with the attached car wash and the bathroom outside? Just drag the pressure washer hose from the car wash into the bathroom and let 'er rip. Problem solved!

The worrying part is…

Exactly what :blink: problem are we trying to solve???

Just now, Green Eyed Monsty said:

I just start mashing the zero button until the bot gives up and summons a human.

GEM

You haven’t met this bot. When you do that it responds in a sickly sweet simpering female voice:

Oh you don’t have to press buttons, I can understand complete sentences. What would you like to do?”

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

The worrying part is…

Exactly what :blink: problem are we trying to solve???

You haven’t met this bot. When you do that it responds in a sickly sweet simpering female voice:

Oh you don’t have to press buttons, I can understand complete sentences. What would you like to do?”

You have to keep pressing the button until the machine times out.

Sometimes you just have to mash the button down and hold it for half a minute.

GEM

• Like 6

On 8/14/2022 at 10:24 AM, PaganMegan said:

Back before I knew Grump, beyond being the Changeling Storyteller at a LARP, he played this horrible Changeling NPC.

He put Ricotta or maybe Cottage cheese in a milk carton, and sealed it back up.

Then, later, in character, opened the"milk", poured it plop, plop, plop, glug, glug, glug, into a glass, and DRANK IT!

Even the vampires stayed away, and us mages RAN. ::o:

The character had Echoes - fresh milk would curdle in his presence.

Also, he was The Bad Guy - killing his fellow changelings, and binding their essence to a powder - which he was selling to one of the Mage bad guys.

The Auld Grump - one of your fellow Verbena, if I recall properly.

13 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

This seems like SUCH a Grump thing to do.....

A trick I learned in a Junior High drama class.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

I just start mashing the zero button until the bot gives up and summons a human.

GEM

I haven't tried that one yet.

I just start repeating "I want to talk to a human being" over and over, adding as much hatred and venom as possible each time I am forced to repeat that phrase.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Today I had a genius level idea. You know those service stations with the attached car wash and the bathroom outside? Just drag the pressure washer hose from the car wash into the bathroom and let 'er rip. Problem solved!

A lot of problems can be "solved" with a pressure washer. :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9