Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/26/2021 at 8:19 PM, Marvin said:

Y'all ever order anything direct from Impact Miniatures? They ship pretty reliably/quickly/&c.?

To update on this: Shortly after my order they contacted me to let me know one set of dice had been out of stock but not updated on the site yet and to offer either my choice of two other sets of dice in its place or a refund. They also offered to send me a free set of the ones they didn't have if I made an order later in the year when they're in stock again--which is actually way too much, honestly. I just wouldn't feel right doing that lol. So not exactly a positive w/r/t their inventory/site updating (and it was the set I most wanted! drat), but that's certainly going a lot further than they had to to rectify the matter imo. Already shipped, so provided everything arrives all right this will get marked as an excellent, if not perfect, transaction.

• Like 12

I hate it when, after providing design details, including specific dimensions and illustrations, production decides to alter every aspect of the item I want, rendering it almost completely useless for the purpose intended.  And that was after the first prototype failed and we had a second meeting outlining the design specs again. 

• Sad 12

Finally got my new desk at the right height...  Only took four tries total.  Turns out the initial 36" was definitely too high, so we went down two alignment holes for the legs...  Still too high.  Then one more, which almost was right, but still felt a touch off...  Final was with four alignment holes left, and 33" in height. 

Broke the new desk (I suppose workbench in this case) in with an SD Command Gundam... 

20210628_225220.thumb.jpg.8238ff2499ba7e89376e43e7805c067d.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to get all of my tools onto it tomorrow, but I'm definitely looking forward to have separate build and painting workspaces! 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

M.E.O.W. is filing a complaint about W.O.O.F. pushing the limits on our non-proliferation treaty!

beware dog.png

Ah, That's Heinz! Our German Shepherd, he's got a thing for Panzers.

On the bright side, the humidity in the air is currently at 91% over here.

A real improvement since yesterday it was 94%.

Oh Joy!

• Haha 10

Timeline Trivia for Tuesday, June 29th:

• 1888 – George Edward Gouraud recorded Handel's Israel in Egypt onto a phonograph cylinder, thought for many years to be the oldest known recording of music.

• 1974 – Mikhail Baryshnikov defected from the Soviet Union to Canada while on tour with the Kirov Ballet.

• 1975 – Steve Wozniak tested his first prototype of the Apple I computer.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

I have successfully herded cats! I accomplished this amazing feat late last night.

...Well, yes, they were already going in the direction that I wanted them to go.

Ok, ok, fine! There might have also been food involved. IT STILL COUNTS!

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

Food is the only known tool for herding cats, so we'll allow it. 

sometimes the sound of a can being opened might work, but unless that can is actual catfood(as defined by the cat, not what's written on the can) it'll stop working when the cat gets within close smelling range. 

• Haha 9

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

M.E.O.W. is filing a complaint about W.O.O.F. pushing the limits on our non-proliferation treaty!

beware dog.png

This is clearly surplus hardware that was imagined well before the treaty was signed....

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Timeline Trivia for Tuesday, June 29th:

• 1888 – George Edward Gouraud recorded Handel's Israel in Egypt onto a phonograph cylinder, thought for many years to be the oldest known recording of music.

Given that Edison invented the phonograph in 1877, I’m surprised it took that long.  According to a historical synopsis from the Library of Congress, reproduction of music was listed as a possible application in the initial patent paperwork. (I used to be a tour guide at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan, where Edison’s Menlo Park Laboratory complex is currently located, afte rhaving been moved there in the 1920s by Henry Ford.  Talking about the phonograph was part of the basic spiel for the lab building.)

• Like 8