Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

4 hours ago, haldir said:

I went outside this morning around 7 am & it was perfect outside, temps were like lower 70s. My daughter wanted me to spray Plasti-dip over her WiP cosplay stuff. I couldn't believe how nice is was out there. So as I let her stuff dry, I decided to spray some basecoats on some model parts as well. Temps stayed nice, thou you could feel they were climbing. I'm all done outside & most of the parts are off the sprues. Good thing, just checked my phone & it's currently 91 degrees & climbing. It suppose to get around 108 or so today. It 'cools' off tomorrow with a high of 107. The heatwave that baked the NW is moving inward now. 

Humidity here was 87% today. We're breathing rain. Y'all can have your rainforest weather back, just come get it. Please. 

• Like 8

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

M.E.O.W. archeologists in a recent trip to Transylvania inadvertently (or was it?) released W.O.O.F.'s oldest and greatest enemy:

199483645_10225832584664216_6806585909878902627_n.jpg.aeb0d29875eedbb2b5e4a21592ead998.jpg

It will be interesting to see how W.O.O.F. manages to counter this most recent threat. 

• Haha 13

7 minutes ago, TripleH said:

M.E.O.W. archeologists in a recent trip to Transylvania inadvertently (or was it?) released W.O.O.F.'s oldest and greatest enemy:

199483645_10225832584664216_6806585909878902627_n.jpg.aeb0d29875eedbb2b5e4a21592ead998.jpg

It will be interesting to see how W.O.O.F. manages to counter this most recent threat. 

I'm assuming by eating garlic pepperoni first, but that causes a far worse outcome later on. :ph34r:

• Haha 10

10 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I'm assuming by eating garlic pepperoni first, but that causes a far worse outcome later on. :ph34r:

Yeah, that would end up causing them to be in violation of the Geneva Convention for deploying WMD's.

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yeah, this heat wave can get lost anytime now.  35C with a humidex of 38C.

Was halfway to picking up a package today and got a random call from Intel om, who had one of my Amazon packages.  Doubt I'll be ordering much off of the US Amazon, since apparently it doesn't get tracked in Canada! ... So yeah, came back to meet up with driver, and at that point was a biiiiig nope! To going back out again, because it was already way too hot. 

...Which sucks, because I don't like leaving packages at the post office.  Such wouldn't be a problem if CanadaPost actually delivered our packages to our building (it's been an ongoing problem for over two years now) 

yeah. My brother and I are prisoners of his appartment here in Spruce Grove right now.  At least he has a small AC unit in the living room. Outside is a nope

• Like 7

On 6/28/2021 at 4:33 PM, PaganMegan said:

Ducklings are AGGRESSIVELY adorable, and start honing their begging skills early. "Okay guys! Start looking at her in adoration, BEFORE she finishes lunch!" ::D:

I thought ducks were grumpy like geese, but mommy duck was right there with her kids, being cute.

I managed to eat MOST of my lunch, but next time I'm bringing something for them too. Their adorableness was too strong, my will too weak.

As you have learned, to your sorrow, ducks are one of the sweetest barnyard fowl. They are thoroughly domesticated.

I used to know a family that kept ducks - and discovered that their flock would sometimes sprout one or two new members - wild ducks that decided to stay.

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Because you've known Grump for more than a minute and a half? ::D:

Mwuhahahahaha!

This is actually pretty much a classic police investigation story.

Taken from headlines a decade or so ago.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 9

Sympathies to all the heat wave victims out there. The Denver area won't see 90°F again until next week's Thursday. If the forecast doesn't change that is. Cold and rainy. I actually am having to wear a light jacket. Going to get down to 48°F tonight. Just looked at a weather map and not really sure where the chill is coming from.

Been at the test labs doing test stuff this week. I'm currently juggling four different tests in various stages of progress. It's frustrating trying to keep everything straight. But, on the upside, our Quality engineer noticed that if you combined the two techs we've got down on the floor, they'd have a full head of hair between them. One's in the National Guard, so he's high and tight. The other is, well, a basic older pattern. Glad they couldn't hear us through the cameras.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's only a nice comfy 86 degrees here. Dos this mean I'm getting used to Texas?

Wait.... Texas colder than Alberta.....  Some sorta conspiracy going on here... ::P:

3 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

yeah. My brother and I are prisoners of his appartment here in Spruce Grove right now.  At least he has a small AC unit in the living room. Outside is a nope

Pretty much the same here.  I want to do grocery shopping but my very first thought was "nope, Instacart it because otherwise its figuring out creative foods because I'm not going out in that" and I'm not feeling all that creative.  A/C unit literally hasn't shut off for a good twelve hours now.  Very glad we were able to finagle things with our four circuits to allow for a 12,000 BTU (10,000 Doe) portable unit as it appears to be doing an okay job of things (26C inside living room, 35C outside), although the front entry is toasty, and the bedroom is around 30C.

I'm literally going to be hitting up the post office as they open, because otherwise I'll have to wait several more days before I can pick up those packages that are there. 

• Like 10