Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving out in just a few hours.  Scrambling to take care of last minute stuff like filling the cat feeder, finding my old con t-shirts, and that new bottle of super glue....  Should be rolling into the Hilton mid afternoon tomorrow. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Mine starts after work tomorrow. 

So of course, all the problems have begun pouring in this week - three sites down by lightning, four new credit card setups of which there are problems with the remote access to three of them, meaning a 15 minute job has now become who knows how long issues, and three people deciding that now is a good day to have me review and explain their reporting questions - but not just a single report and a couple of questions, no, they're sending in months worth of bank statements and reports to be reviewed and addressed.  

I shouldn't even have time to be on the forum, but I'm waiting for people to get back to me on the serious stuff. I suppose I could start reviewing the reporting questions, but I'll just get interrupted and have to start over, so no point. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 15

7 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I shouldn't even have time to be on the forum, but I'm waiting for people to get back to me on the serious stuff. I suppose I could start reviewing the reporting questions, but I'll just get interrupted and have to start over, so no point. 

DH is in a similar situation. Got told yesterday that some reporting thingamajig has to be fixed by Friday, he checks it and there's no data,  and the people who know where the data is and can populate the report haven't responded to his queries..... and he's signing out in about 2 hours. 

• Sad 13

Hi, my name is Pegazus and I am a OneNote addict. 

Seriously, I have started using it for everything at work. Keeping track  of my time for the end of day entry, quick note lists of what I have done during the day so I don’t feel that I have been unproductive, longer notes to be archived, my own how/to guides, important document links, engineering notebooks filled with data, analysis, and other important info. It’s just so handy!

But it’s an autosaving program. I cannot hit “save” because it doesn’t need that. And it bugs me. A little. 

• Like 14

Got almost everything boxed up for R-con. Will start loading the truck tonight, bringing my red wagon to haul my junk in for running the Stargrave/Frostgrave games. Not even bringing any Battletech stuff except T shirts. Will have a couple of extra Starfinder things. Retired, so I don't have a boss to report to [except the lovely Lady C]. See you guys at the Meet & Greet or Thursday, I will have a Ghost Bear ballcap on [lightly!], see my Avatar for what it looks like.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

But it’s an autosaving program. I cannot hit “save” because it doesn’t need that. And it bugs me. A little. 

That would bug me too. 
I got used to Rule 4 (of CATIA):

File Frequently!

(Those French guys from Dassault used the word file instead of save for some unfathomable reason.)

Is OneNote infected with SocialMedia-itis?  I used to have this nice little list making, checklist, note making app on my phone. Then it “upgraded” and started demanding an email login and accounts and friend groups and sharing and inter-connectivity—as if it wanted to be a baby Facebook. 

It got ditched. 

• Like 8

@TGP OneNote on my phone and personal computers did require a Microsoft login, but it hasn’t yet tried to be a social media thing. Virtual notebook/scrapbook so far. Work computer is bundled with Office. All of them have a share capability, but it’s not like doing posts or tweets. Just a common document to be edited.

Free btw, so I wouldn’t be surprised that they are getting something out of it. Or, could just be so large a corporation that it just doesn’t come out of any budgetary weeds.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I know the feeling. My work recently transitioned to using. Microsoft Teams for everything, and while there's a lot I like about it, including the autosave feature, I still hit the save button anyways because I'm a compulsive saver. :lol:

I was less pleased with the autosave feature when I opened up one of my excel spreadsheet templates and discovered it was still filled with all the PHI I'd temporarily put into it previously. I've been assured that it's HIPAA compliant, but it still bugs me that it's either "on for everything" or "off for everything."

My second flight is starting to board, next stop DFW! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 11

Reaper Streaming updates 🖤:

Today: NO Crow's Nest tonight!

Tomorrow: NO Anne in the morning, YES Luca at 1pm central

Thursday: Reapercon streams start! (Thursday through Sunday!) including Anne at an earlier start time than usual at 10:30am central!

Edited by Guindyloo
Luca cancelled
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Will there be a picture thread for reapercon?

For you? No. We decided that since you don’t love us anymore, you don’t get to play. 

Imagine the above in purple. Doesn’t have the impact if I give away the punchline immediately. 

I’m sure there will be one. Can start one now. But need to go do more work right now that pays the ReaperCon bills. 

And good to see you. I used you and the platies to explain the melt table changes to my wife. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7