Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Yeah, it sucks, but it's time. She had a good run. They got it done. Went easy, so.

These were actually the first dogs we ever had live to old age. We've had extraordinarily bad luck with dogs over the years.

RIP Sassy. You were a good girl.

Sitting here with the Aussie in my lap, corgi in the floor beside me, just getting some love. Man's best friend, indeed.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In much less sad news, the f(ns)lgs I frequent is moving to a new, larger location! They'll be on the side of town closer to me, which will be awesome if we ever start playing in-person again; but this does put them farther from the college, so I don't know if that will be a downside or not. Kinda get the feeling nobody was walking to the store as it was, but I dunno. This is a better retail location for sure; it's right on the strip in front of Wal*Mart with all sorts of other shopping outlets and across the street from the Mal.

• Like 15

10 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Me, waking up before the alarm at the crazy time I get up. "Mrs Wulf doesn't need to get up early today, I'll turn off the alarm, tiptoe into the bathroom, and let her sleep in"

My cats: "Ok, you try kick the bathroom door open, and I'll set here and yell as loud as possible to make a distraction"

This sounds eerily familiar.

(I go through the same routing every morning)

• Like 10

I'm back home now.

All of our worldly possessions [except the one storage unit full of mostly my tools] {I have a lot of tools, having been the recipient of 3 generations of tool using peoples accumulated "stuff", plus an entire sea chest of a ships carpenters working tools [early 1900s when a lot of stuff still required the services of a skilled carpenter] from one of my wife's relatives}.

Beyond exhausted as I had to do all the sorting out from the break in, where they broke stuff and jumbled things together just because they could, packing it all up and then giving the entire place a thorough "field day" of cleaning and polishing.

Going to take me a few days to get things unloaded as I'm starting to feel the full effects of too many days in a row of depending on Red Bull and Tramadol to power through a younger mans job.  Getting old, frankly, sucks.  But I guess it beats the alternative.

Don't actually know how many pages of hi-jinks and contretemps I have to get caught up on, but it will be fun.

GEM

You ~did~ all play nice, right?  Right??

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Of course they did.....

M.E.O.W. discovered WO.O.F. gave their agents tanks

M.E.O.W. retaliated by unleashing their own Nosferatu to go after W.O.O.F.

who is now attempting to go the pious route to counter. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

In much less sad news, the f(ns)lgs I frequent is moving to a new, larger location! They'll be on the side of town closer to me, which will be awesome if we ever start playing in-person again; but this does put them farther from the college, so I don't know if that will be a downside or not. Kinda get the feeling nobody was walking to the store as it was, but I dunno. This is a better retail location for sure; it's right on the strip in front of Wal*Mart with all sorts of other shopping outlets and across the street from the Mal.

Which means there is probably bus service from the campus.  Hopefully it runs at times that will be beneficial for gaming.

Sorry to read about your furry companion.  My condolences.

GEM

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I'm back home now.

All of our worldly possessions [except the one storage unit full of mostly my tools] {I have a lot of tools, having been the recipient of 3 generations of tool using peoples accumulated "stuff", plus an entire sea chest of a ships carpenters working tools [early 1900s when a lot of stuff still required the services of a skilled carpenter] from one of my wife's relatives}.

Beyond exhausted as I had to do all the sorting out from the break in, where they broke stuff and jumbled things together just because they could, packing it all up and then giving the entire place a thorough "field day" of cleaning and polishing.

Going to take me a few days to get things unloaded as I'm starting to feel the full effects of too many days in a row of depending on Red Bull and Tramadol to power through a younger mans job.  Getting old, frankly, sucks.  But I guess it beats the alternative.

Don't actually know how many pages of hi-jinks and contretemps I have to get caught up on, but it will be fun.

GEM

Welcome back!

It sounds like things went fairly smoothly, I'm glad to hear it.

And of course they were good. 

>Goes back to polishing mod bat<

• Haha 10

11 hours ago, kristof65 said:

<shaking head>

Owner of 18 year old car wash teller wants to buy a part that was never a separate part number to begin with - it was a welded and integral part of the cabinet sheet metal.  

Tell him that you need the part number stamped on the part itself. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Welcome to July! Here's some things that happened on July 1st:

• 1770 – Lexell's Comet was seen closer to the Earth than any other comet in recorded history, approaching to a distance of 0.0146 astronomical units (2,180,000 km; 1,360,000 mi).

• 1846 - Belgian inventor and musician Adolphe Sax patented the saxophone.

• 1908 – SOS was adopted as the international distress signal.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, kristof65 said:

<shaking head>

Owner of 18 year old car wash teller wants to buy a part that was never a separate part number to begin with - it was a welded and integral part of the cabinet sheet metal.  

Wait a second...  Was a welded part?  How did it break....? 

• Like 7