Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

On 6/30/2021 at 10:19 AM, CaptainPete said:

Today is the first day to be below 90 degrees we've had for... A while. My memory is faulty, ever since my brain oozed out of my ears this week. We get a "break" today and tomorrow and then it's back to the 90s as far as I can see. I hate this summer. Thankfully, they're banning fireworks in hopes that people don't light the state on fire. Again. Fingers crossed that people listen to their local governments and better angels... :ph34r:

Having grown up in west Texas with a dad who's a firefighter and would spend every week leading up to July 4 fighting grass fires all night, and twice as many so on years where the county and most of the neighboring ones banned the sale of fireworks due to extremely dry conditions, I'd say don't count on it.  Idiots will find a way to get their destructive impulses on....

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 9

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, haldir said:

I highly doubt people only listen to themselves when it comes to fireworks. I mean look at what happen in the Gorge a few years ago ([email protected]$$e$!!!!).

I have a lot of choice words and punishments in mind for that... Person. :devil:

In other news, another one of the bosses quit last night. Before his shift. Without notice. He's friends with the other one that quit. There's one more of this trio still working for the company (wasn't promoted to boss level) and I'm going to be reliving him when I come in tonight. :mellow:

I'm looking forward to collecting unemployment if (really when) the company collapses. I've been with them more than long enough to get benefits.

In other news, IT RAINED TONIGHT! Not much, just a few drizzles, but it was glorious. GLORIOUS I SAY!

1375872368_Glorious02.jpg.e95534856717458073c4e69478738f3a.jpg

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

DETERMINATION!

Or maybe just exposure to the elements, vibrations, etc.

Yeah, my main thought was "typical car wash conditions" but the way it's worded almost sounds like there's a decent story behind its failure.. M

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Having grown up in west Texas with a dad who's a firefighter and would spend every week leading up to July 4 fighting grass fires all night, and twice as many so on years where the county and most of the neighboring ones banned the sale of fireworks due to extremely dry conditions, I'd say don't count on it.  Idiots will find a way to get their destructive impulses on....

Indeed.  Local genius blew up his house, neighbor's house, and himself this week.  Nearly got a couple of kids while he was at it.  Manufacturing illegal fireworks in the basement.   Sad thing is, we get at least one of these each year.... 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 6

Hey everyone, I'm back!

It's been an..... interesting....few weeks. Haven't been on the forum much due to some pretty major health issues that I'm not comfortable sharing on a public forum (don't worry, it wasn't you know what). Hopefully it's all behind me now and I'm concentrating on building up my stamina. I'm just glad to be feeling (almost) like myself as it's been a rough wee while and I'm still kinda shaky. 

Going to try and catch up on what's been happening, but that might take a while.

Just glad to be back :winkthumbs:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Wait a second...  Was a welded part?  How did it break....? 

By someone breaking into the cabinet to steal money. 

As a manufacturer, our position is if that happens and the brackets can't be bent back to shape and the door properly closed again, the cabinet & door should be replaced. 

We're in a no-win situation.  We have to make the cabinet/door tough enough to resist break ins, but the tougher we make it, the more expensive the units become, the more damage thieves do while breaking in and the bigger the cost to replace.  We can make more of those parts field replaceable, but then the units become easier to break into, which leads to more break ins. 

As it stands now, most of the thieves who break into car wash tellers (from any manufacturer) are doing felony level damage for misdemeanor levels of payout. 

• Sad 12

24 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Happy Canada Day, BTW. 

I'm covering the phones for both the US and Canada today, but fortunately, I haven't had a lot of calls, and all but the last one were easy. 

I probably just cursed myself by saying that. 

Eh, I think this year it is to be a "thoughtful Canada day".

I may or may not indulge in the maple syrup drenched cinnamon bun. On the one hand, yum. On the other, caloric pain. BUT....

Canada's rules for donating blood are at 110lbs+. Not 115lbs+. MAYBE I can gain enough weight to hit that. For the first time in like 10 years I've gained a little weight. Up to ~106lbs instead of 103lbs! I'd really like to donate blood but the buggers won't take half-pints from small people, even though we have perfectly good red juice.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Hey everyone, I'm back!

It's been an..... interesting....few weeks. Haven't been on the forum much due to some pretty major health issues that I'm not comfortable sharing on a public forum (don't worry, it wasn't you know what). Hopefully it's all behind me now and I'm concentrating on building up my stamina. I'm just glad to be feeling (almost) like myself as it's been a rough wee while and I'm still kinda shaky. 

Going to try and catch up on what's been happening, but that might take a while.

Just glad to be back :winkthumbs:

I am glad to hear it. I won't say I was worried about you when last we talked, but I won't say I wasn't either. Give the wee uns the love and cuddles they need, and get some for yourself. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Canada's rules for donating blood are at 110lbs+. Not 115lbs+. MAYBE I can gain enough weight to hit that. For the first time in like 10 years I've gained a little weight. Up to ~106lbs instead of 103lbs! I'd really like to donate blood but the buggers won't take half-pints from small people, even though we have perfectly good red juice.

I can confirm that regular consumption of fried chicken and cinnamon buns will help you get over that weight restriction in less than 6 weeks. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 14