Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump knows how to determine Easter.

He told me, but I didn't bother remembering it. The mystery is more fun. So I just say it's when the bunnies hatch from their eggs.

Seems reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

10 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Thus was my introduction to the DM's maxim: "Fruitless it is to attempt predicting thy players actions, for when thou art at thy most prepared...they'll go and do the absolutely last thing you'd ever expected." :wacko:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Pro Tip:  Never tell your players the bandit camp has an outhouse...

We waited until the leader was in there, the thief ran a few lops of rope around it to keep the door shut, then we massacred the rest of the bandits while the leader cursed at his followers to stop the pranks and let him out.

Afterward, we pulled the slipknot on the rope, and the leader charged out straight into a face full of readied actions with spells and missile weapons.

Another time we just burned the damn thing down with the bad guy in it, lol.

• Haha 17

3 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

First Sunday after the first full moon after the march equinox

But then I need a calendar to figure out when the next full moon is and the March equinox (which can fall on March 19, 20 or 21 depending on the year).

And then we have Eastern Orthodox Easter (Greek, Russian), which also falls on a different date.

It's almost like we have to buy calendars.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Wow, I just realized, there is only 2 living members of the Travelin' Wilburys left now.......::(:

Jeff Lynne & Bob Dylan.

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

We waited until the leader was in there, the thief ran a few lops of rope around it to keep the door shut, then we massacred the rest of the bandits while the leader cursed at his followers to stop the pranks and let him out.

Afterward, we pulled the slipknot on the rope, and the leader charged out straight into a face full of readied actions with spells and missile weapons.

Should have put a Vampire Spawn in there, cause well that's where they hang out!! :lol:

Game on for tomorrow!! Since it's a continuation of last week's no prep needs to be one tonight & I just have to clean up my end of the table of model parts (work on the Fall Guy GMC pickup model). Lot better feeling for gaming, then last Friday. I guess the whole 2 weeks off/cluttered table, dirty garage feeling was bad enough it got to me. Normal start time too, so that'll help too.

Party is defending some villagers from invading gnoll packs. Should be a interesting session when I bring in the big boss, a over-sized flind. I'm using Reaper's Lord of the gnolls mini for this one. It's infused with demon blood, so hence the oversized creature. I can't wait to unleash this guy on the PCs. He suppose to be wearing admantine armor (no crits hit on him) but one of the PCs has that armor already so, I'm gonna swap it out for elven chain. I try not to double up on magic items. There will also be a Chasme demon with him in the battle. Hopefully they pass their saves vs it's buzzing, or it might be a short fight!! :devil:

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

But then I need a calendar to figure out when the next full moon is and the March equinox (which can fall on March 19, 20 or 21 depending on the year).

And then we have Eastern Orthodox Easter (Greek, Russian), which also falls on a different date.

It's almost like we have to buy calendars.

Or, you know, just watch the stars

• Like 7

Oh, I've missed that!

So, so, so much better playing in person!

Next week the party goes back to the fallen dwarf stronghold from last year.

Duergar and drow, and some evil azer. (Thanks Haldir!)

I had so much planned, didn't get to, and then Grump reminded me the main group would be away for a year, so while I couldn't rewind time, I could spin off a second party at low level.

Jenny and Julie are playing Grump's paladin's daughters. Grump is playing a dwarf, Jon is playing a half-orc the party saved way back at the start, with a wolf companion, Jen is playing the werefox, and Duncan is playing an elf emmisary.

The werefox is not sure how she feels, she wanted to seduce the paladin, instead he adopted her. Suddenly, she has FAMILY.

The settlement also has four GOOD frost giants helping defend - three rangers and a cleric.

Good thing, while the heroes are away, something, something, something. :devil:

This second party is ranger heavy.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Oh, I've missed that!

So, so, so much better playing in person!

Next week the party goes back to the fallen dwarf stronghold from last year.

Duergar and drow, and some evil azer. (Thanks Haldir!)

I had so much planned, didn't get to, and then Grump reminded me the main group would be away for a year, so while I couldn't rewind time, I could spin off a second party at low level.

Jenny and Julie are playing Grump's paladin's daughters. Grump is playing a dwarf, Jon is playing a half-orc the party saved way back at the start, with a wolf companion, Jen is playing the werefox, and Duncan is playing an elf emmisary.

The werefox is not sure how she feels, she wanted to seduce the paladin, instead he adopted her. Suddenly, she has FAMILY.

The settlement also has four GOOD frost giants helping defend - three rangers and a cleric.

Good thing, while the heroes are away, something, something, something. :devil:

This second party is ranger heavy.

It's a good feeling, that's fer sure!

This week for the first time in awhile, we were mask-less (besides the DM (store employee) & one of the sons of the owners) for our Weds AL game. This was due to being vaccinated & such. Nice to see things returning to normal at the FLGS. There was people for Commander night as well.

Funny thing too, Dookie, my steel defender squirrel became the tank for the party that night!!

• Like 9

14 hours ago, TGP said:

Why not just roll up a new Elf !?

Well 'elfhole' Is the euphemism.  The actual character was a halfling thief who kept forgetting he wasn't immortal and had a tendency to annoy monsters on sight.  The party took a little longer.

To be honest, with divination spells he made a much better scout as a ghost.  Quieter too.  You can always cancel Speak with Dead spells....

5 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

You has hi class bandits.  In my world's the high class bandits dug a hole.  The rest didn't bother but none of them were volunteering to go anywhere they might be trapped by their 'friends'! 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Actually it falls in a completely different calendar (Julian instead of Gregorian). Unlike date-fixed holidays like Christmas, which are ,always on different dates, Orthodox Easter can coincide with Western Easter if the stars (more precisely, math for when the equinox is and when full moons are) align align. Last happened in 2014 iirc.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 7