• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Also:

50th-birthday-memes-33-720x720.jpg.5deaf7ac140638399503c2746d61ae43.jpg

YES!!! I made it!! :lol:

My family is taking me out to dinner, and then we may play a game together later on. 

I'm living proof of this statement.

I also have a new job, relief Santa Claus at the Railroad Museum.

Time to get out the suit and see if I can still fit into it.

GEM

• Like 8

Once again I find my life beginning to resemble an 80s movie.

When I planted the garden I tried green peppers, tomatoes, corn and lettuce. Then an unexpected pumpkin vine showed up and killed all of these except the corn, which never even made it out of the ground. Okay, the Great Pumpkin has declared this His turf and doesn't go for crop rotation, no problem I suppose. I had 5 pumpkins....

Now there are only 2 because a woodchuck has decided that his burrowing under the house and the shed hasn't sent me after him, he needs to up the provocation and eats 3 of the pumpkins. Furthermore, the little %^&* decided to hang around, waiting for me to come out to water and discover this, smugly gloating from by the shed as I discovered the desecration.

That was at the beginning of the week. I have tried D Con scattered into his hole, I have spent time waiting in ambush with the Lawn Spear....no further sightings thus far.

I am being mocked by a groundhog....

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

30 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

When I planted the garden I tried green peppers, tomatoes, corn and lettuce. Then an unexpected pumpkin vine showed up and killed all of these except the corn, which never even made it out of the ground. Okay, the Great Pumpkin has declared this His turf and doesn't go for crop rotation, no problem I suppose. I had 5 pumpkins....

Now there are only 2 because a woodchuck has decided that his burrowing under the house and the shed hasn't sent me after him, he needs to up the provocation and eats 3 of the pumpkins. Furthermore, the little %^&* decided to hang around, waiting for me to come out to water and discover this, smugly gloating from by the shed as I discovered the desecration.

That was at the beginning of the week. I have tried D Con scattered into his hole, I have spent time waiting in ambush with the Lawn Spear....no further sightings thus far.

Must be this guy's first cousin:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ek3lw9aW0-s

GEM

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Must be this guy's first cousin:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ek3lw9aW0-s

GEM

Yes, the same insolence...

9 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

He may be dead.

But you can also try finding all the entrances to his hole, and stuff a bunch of mothballs down them.

Until I see or smell a corpse, I assume the evil continues to lurk nearby.  I did already toss mothballs down. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Take her outside in the rain, when she is wearing her stompy boots, and BOOM! back to three.

Took FOREVER getting her to the stop, we had rain, and she needs to stomp in EVERY puddle. :wub:

Of course she does, if she doesn't keep their numbers down then they'll rise up to threaten humanity.

• Haha 8

Why do I belong to Amazon Prime? If it weren't for Rings of Power, I'd cancel it. I preordered the upcoming Stargrave Hope Eternal book from them, only because my FLGS doesn't carry Osprey books. I can pay an extra $4 to get the book on release day. Wasn't that the original point of Prime?  Queen Penthesilea is not proud. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Send in a Dachshund. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

f673c97f2a2b61f46f74849b7abba6f5__a_caddyshack_themed_bar_in_caddyshack_gopher_meme_1278_1024.0.thumb.jpeg.4bcf916c7bb659e268c5b99d046866e6.jpeg

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Why do I belong to Amazon Prime? If it weren't for Rings of Power, I'd cancel it. I preordered the upcoming Stargrave Hope Eternal book from them, only because my FLGS doesn't carry Osprey books. I can pay an extra $4 to get the book on release day. Wasn't that the original point of Prime?  Queen Penthesilea is not proud. 

Well, Prime used to be useful for "free" shipping as well as one day shipping (and/or $4 Express shipping aka UPS Express for items that would take longer), but now its... I dunno really.  I use it to get two day shipping, but yeah.  Nowhere near the same it used to be, and they can try and push the "oh but all these videos and shows!" all they want but if half of them require additional fees then the Prime Video thing isn't really an extra feature, now is it? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Well, Prime used to be useful for "free" shipping as well as one day shipping (and/or $4 Express shipping aka UPS Express for items that would take longer), but now its... I dunno really.  I use it to get two day shipping, but yeah.  Nowhere near the same it used to be, and they can try and push the "oh but all these videos and shows!" all they want but if half of them require additional fees then the Prime Video thing isn't really an extra feature, now is it? 

I'm reconsidering more and more my Amazon Prime membership.

That 2-day shipping, on account that most deliveries are with Canada Post, has never really worked for me. I don't watch much streaming content, so Prime Video isn't a big sale point. And I don't use any of the Twitch Prime perks, or don't care for them. I don't listen to any Prime Music, nor read any any of their e-books.

And the few early-access perks or no-minimum shipping free is less and less attractive for my purchasing habits. Especially with the recent price hike ($139CDN/year 😣).

For a whole family, it might still make sense. But just little ol' me, not so much anymore.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2