Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

306403670_3297808160457704_1135662713356390908_n.jpg.ca3b9db51f0fdf69679af363ef695194.jpg

You can add Golden Age of Hollywood movie star Myrna Loy to the list of famous film redheads.

Started in the silent era, and in the 30s played opposite William Powell [and their dog Asta] in The Thin Man series of movies, as well as a host of other hit movies.

Addendum:  Voted "Queen of Hollywood" in the same poll where Clark Gable [another of her repeat co-stars] was voted "King of Hollywood".

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 7

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun gaming night at the FLGS tonight. I ran the 2nd week of the Rookery AL series for this month. With the way my group plays & one of the Weds, my flgs has their store employee meeting monthly meeting, so I do 2 nights of gaming for my group to get the adventure done. So far only 1 adventure overran the 2 nights, mainly due to it had allot of content in for a AL game. (2 dungeons with multiple gnoll & allies in allot of rooms for one thing). We did have 8 people, but one of my guys jumped out of the game, & jumped into the store employee ran AL game going on as well. I appreciate that allot. I did have 1 player (a good friend overall) come & join us for the week, sounds like he'll be able to make next week too, so good to see him again. The adventure had the party help relocate a creature to a new lair as this is the main objective of the Welcome Center at the heart of the Rookery realm. The creature ended up being a young blood dragon (a re-skinned red dragon with a blood drain/suck breath weapon vs a fire breath, which did 16d6 pts of damage....YIKES!). The party fought some good battles too, a couple of trolls on their way to the dragon's old lair, a cyclops while they were moving her treasure down the mtn side (her treasure ended up being a huge pile of bones, including her mate that was killed by a creature). What was nice is I kept the dragon a secret until the reveal, so that was a plus. One of the fighters, played by a newly minted 13 year old girl, collects bones, so when she seen the bones in the cave, she ran to them & started stuffing them into her bag of holding, out pops the dragon from the shadows, telling her to stop, since that WAS her treasure. 

On their way to the new lair, they fought 4 redcaps, & OMG their stomp ability is awesome! The goliath fighter in the party charged ahead & took up a spot & waited for them to charge him, well unfortunately for him, he took 3 stomp attacks in the process. Before the fighter moved thou, the wizard dropped a fireball down on them, reducing them to like 15 HPs each, so that was big plus, but the fighter was able to take out 1 of them, but missed with his second attack, The remaining 3 proceeded to curb stomp him for like 42 pts of damage & the first kick knocked him prone as well.

The main battle tonight had the party & the blood dragon face off against a jabberwock. Those are awesome as well!! Constant burble attack, (fail the save, you are under the effects of a confusion spell for a turn), fire eye beams (sadly for my party out of the 7, 4 + a wizards familiar got caught in that). The dragon did her breath weapon & since she was evil, she didn't care who she caught in the cone, so the goliath fighter (again) had to make a save again, thou he was hurting bad from the eye beams & really rolled to see if this character got hit for massive damage & luckily he saved & so he was just a 0 vs dead, dead.

The party was mostly ineffective vs the jabberwock, thou a couple players did manage to get in some good shots, the jabberwock did take a ton of damage from the blood drain breath weapon, as he failed his save (even with legendary saving throws!). It then  proceeded to retreat but was cut off by the dragon who did roll a recharge on her breath weapon & took it down before it could escape, thou before that there were some great confusion moments for a 4 PCs (do nothing, attack a random (ie anther PC) target, etc etc). Overall it was a fun 3 1/2 hrs tonight.

• Like 10

Nothing quite like getting a stream derailed for five minutes because of a product called Super Corgi Butts, and getting a bunch of painters excited about such a product! 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Nothing quite like getting a stream derailed for five minutes because of a product called Super Corgi Butts, and getting a bunch of painters excited about such a product! 

snerk

I love the samples book for them too.  "lemme grab my butt book and we can talk colors"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

snerk

I love the samples book for them too.  "lemme grab my butt book and we can talk colors"

Yeah, since I saw that I was all "okay, I am so going to be putting in a direct order, because why not" (I also needs to get their cordless tool thingy, because Shokunin keeps selling out before I have cash) 

• Like 3

in other news... little annoyed here.

Mrs Wulf and I had the cabinets painted earlier this week.  Decided we picked a bad color so we're looking at putting another coat on in a different color ourselves, thinking the painter did the hard work earlier this week in scuff sanding the old finish, primer coat, etc, and we're just looking at a darker shade of blue so it should be easy to one coat darken it some.
Today I noticed some drips on one panel, so I took it down, figuring  I'll just sand those out right quick and hit it with some touchup paint and Mrs. will never know.  Kissing it with 220 sandpaper and the paint starts to peel right off from the area.  Shiny wood underneath(from the previous finish), no signs of scuff sanding, and no signs of a primer grey on the back side of the paint that peeled off, it's the same color of blue front and back....
I know they USED primer, I could smell it and they told me they needed to let the primer dry a bit before putting the color on and I could see where they'd put something white/grey on the top cabinets through the zipwall. This was the knockout panel in front of the sink that I'm finding this on and it makes me wonder how well they prepped the drawer fronts too......

• Sad 13

Got a phishing email at work this morning, and it was just laughably badly obvious. Wrote that in the comment to the security report we send in. 

Yeah. That was the security group sending out tests to see if we would follow procedures. Really hope I didn’t offend anybody with the comment I supplied on how badly obvious it was. 

On a semi related note, sewer line is now scheduled for Monday. Told my manager that I wasn’t going to be in the office that day, and before he found out why, he stated “good plan”. I think the entire team is having a bit of burnout right now. 

• Like 7