Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I just got word, my mom passed away tonight.

Deepest sympathies to you and your family. This past week must've been one of the worst emotional roller coasters of your life.

May she rest in peace.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Four and a bit seasons of The Complete Twilight Zone to go, and four and a bit weeks until Halloween. Coincidence? No such thing in the Zone. Here, have a Rod Serling meme. 

image.png.8cb91b8a36ed6e939e9ede490d217270.png

The phrase "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" comes to mind.

GEM

• Like 4

8 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:
10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

296120784_2865460143747840_5410566308291125623_n.jpg.7d6edd26d8c59bdc7de911393dd25a50.jpg

Expand  

Not a clue, but I also don't call myself an '80's fan, so I suppose I'm safe. 

It's a joke. That's not a band, it's the bad guys from Superman 2 (released in 1980, i believe).

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

296120784_2865460143747840_5410566308291125623_n.jpg.7d6edd26d8c59bdc7de911393dd25a50.jpg

Neil "B4" Zodd and the Kreeptonians. I remember them well.

Helps that I was 9 years old at the time, so it left an impression.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, TGP said:

This is my coffee. Except for that little Kcup thing. I don’t do those. I don’t know about those. 

I see those things frequently at truck stops in with the creamer.  Extra coffee for your coffee I guess....  Tried one once, tasted nasty and I didn't notice any additional jitters....

12 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

Reminds me of our IT - they were really pushing IT security and running simulated phishing attempts.

Then sent out a legitimate email that more than half the staff flagged as phishing because it looked even dodgier than the simulated attempts!

I get really annoyed with our HR team because of this nonsense.  Our IT team sends out all these fake phishing emails, emails with pdf attachments, basically imitating all kinds of email based attacks.  They make us once a year go through email safety training videos and sign off that we've reviewed them. 

And then the very next day our HR team sends an email with a link to a webpage we have to log into with our corporate credentials to fill out a employee questionaire for some stuff that's coming up. And they send it through email, INSTEAD of using the secure HR messaging portal, which has messaging and sends me an email that simply says "you  have a message in the portal, log into your account to view it".  They can send PDFs through it, forms for me to fill out, all kinds of things. They just don't because it takes an extra few minutes to set up the mesage in the portal..... 

And of course I IMMEDIATELY report it as phishing.  A week later I get the call "Why haven't you filled out the questionaire yet?"  "What questionaire?" "The one we emailed a week ago"  "Oh, you mean the one you sent out that violated every red flag the IT team keeps telling us to avoid? " "Just go fill it out so we can wrap this up"

When I complain about this to management, management tells me 'oh if its from someone within the company it's fine to open"  NO IT ISN'T  That's one of the things IT's video repeats over and over and over, that it might be spoofing someone within the organization.  

But this practice continues.  I continue to mark every email from HR that "I wasn't expecting" that has a link or pdf attachment as suspected phishing, but they're not getting it...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6