Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

4 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Anyone know off hand how long it takes poison ivy to start showing after you touch it? Asking... for a friend.... 

between hours and never.

if you think you touched it wash as thoroughly as possible, the more of the oil you get off the less severe it'll be

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, hit the skin you think might've made contact with something like dish soap, good for removing oils. Not-hot water iirc. Get your clothes straight into the wash and consider taking a shower if it's somewhere other than on your hands. It can ride the soles of your shoes too.

You're probably gonna know within a few hours anyway, but it indeed can take longer or not affect you at all. Wash up best you can and then find something else to do; otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts waiting. Or at least that's what I tend to do lol--and every time I'm sure I've got into it I turn out fine. So. Good luck.

• Like 8

Thanks.  I think I brushed it while cleaning up in the yard this morning, but it's been 90 minutes and the itching seems to have gone.  I washed it real good and put prescription strength hydrocortisone on it.  I hope that is enough.  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Dedicated to @Chaoswolf

rum.jpg

OR - - - The Duct Tape is all gone?

Why is the Duct Tape All Gone?????

GEM

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

Anyone know off hand how long it takes poison ivy to start showing after you touch it? Asking... for a friend.... 

5 to 21 days for a quick brush, as soon as 12 to 24 hours for prolonged contact.

Your, friend, might want to give Angostura Bitters a try as  an analgesic.  It works well fro insect bites and might have a similar effect for poison ivy.

Your mileage may vary, consult your physician.

GEM

• Like 6

Today I am a physical wreck from the abuse I subjected my body to.

On top of that, we've been having trouble with the pilot light on the water heater going out and when I tried to relight it [again] this morning the thing decided to blow back on my face.  Very much an unhappy camper about that happening and I was immediately on the phone with Craftsman Homes about this latest problem.  Was told the woman who is supposed to handle these situations was out of the office and the Sales Manager would be calling me soonest.

When he called he asked how I was and I told him I was a most unhappy customer and then explained the situation.  He said he would have a man here by 1:30 to install a wind cap on the vent stack as that sounded like it was the cause of the problem.  Guy is here, he also took a look at the leaking kitchen sink faucet, which has been turned off for over two weeks while "waiting for parts".  He says he will be taking the leaking faucet off, going to Home Depot and obtaining a replacement and installing that later today.  FINALLY, somebody with some common sense who actually understands what Customer Service actually means.

Going to have to take another round of pain meds just so I can manage a trip to the credit union and the grocery store.

I have determined that I am officially Too Old to subject my body to the sort of abuse it had to endure the last half or June.

On a slightly happier note, AC here is working a treat, the heavier insulation in the walls and roof mean it isn't running more than 20 minutes an hour with outside temps in the high 90s, and electricity is much more affordable through Nevada Energy than the mercenary blood suckers at SoCal Edison.

• Like 12

hey all, just a quick note form me today..... I went to hang out with Ludo yesterday and I made a mistake..... I bought the Dragon Heist book.... because well Waterdeep.... but I have sat down to read it and I am just a few pages in, but now I want to run the adventure..... so shoot me now. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Nah, Redshirt dies.  
remember, "... and these blast points, too accurate for sand people. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."  
The only reason they keep missing the heroes are a combination of "let them escape because we put a tracker on their ship/he's not use to me dead" and a little bit of plot armor.  Nameless rebel troopers died in droves to the stormtroopers....

THANK YOU!

Also:

818498245350d72bac901ebf7e787189.thumb.jpg.1a6d1157d611e336b8a030ed61cbe237.jpg

• Like 11

840 pm & it's 98 degrees....yah.

I need to get the game table cleaned up & minis gathered for tomorrow's game, but right now I just don't want to do anything. At least Age of Ultron is on tv.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, haldir said:

840 pm & it's 98 degrees....yah.

I need to get the game table cleaned up & minis gathered for tomorrow's game, but right now I just don't want to do anything. At least Age of Ultron is on tv.

It's only 88 here and that's more than hot enough for me. So glad it cools off some at night. Yesterday went swimming and got a bit sunburnt and today didn't do much because it was nasty hot even early in the morning. Need to get the airconditioning fixed in my swather and then I'll be working more.  I'm not made for these temps.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Zink said:

It's only 88 here and that's more than hot enough for me. So glad it cools off some at night. Yesterday went swimming and got a bit sunburnt and today didn't do much because it was nasty hot even early in the morning. Need to get the airconditioning fixed in my swather and then I'll be working more.  I'm not made for these temps.

It cools off maybe 20 to 30 degrees at night, but the heat just stick around. Pretty much the hours of 5 am to around 10 am is about the only time to be out & do things. One reason why I dropped the start time to 10 am vs 11 for our Saturday game right now. 

I need to removed a couple minis from the printer as they are in the game tomorrow (redcaps). I may try & print something afterwards as I still need figures for ReaperCon.  I do need to get up from this chair & get some things done, then off to the bedroom & the Almighty AC!!

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Zink said:

yeah. I know all about that. was raking hay yesterday. If there wasn't a strong wind, it would have been brutal. Today was the same until the storm rolled in. Dropped the temp by over 10 degrees in minutes, and gave us a good soaking. Hope you get the AC fixed up before the long days begin.

• Like 9