Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

So, who's watching Loki? What do you think of it so far?

(Careful of spoilers, I'm current, but others may not be.)

Watching it. Enjoying it. A bit annoyed by a god character having effectively minor abilities - he got nerfed hard. 

Show is fun. Falls in line with the other Disney+ Marvel or Star Wars shows: thoroughly enjoyable but annoyingly overhyped. Worth watching? Definitely. Are my panties wet over it? No. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Timeline trivia for Saturday, July 3rd:

• 1886 – Karl Benz officially unveiled the Benz Patent-Motorwagen, the first purpose-built automobile.

• 1886 – The New-York Tribune became the first newspaper to use a linotype machine, eliminating typesetting by hand.

• 1938 – World speed record for a steam locomotive was set in England, by the Mallard, which reached a speed of 125.88 miles per hour (202.58 km/h).

BTTF_Pt3_2048x.jpg?v=1560259217

• Haha 11

4 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

I also have to factor in the fact that, While I love GURPS, only a couple of people seem to want to play and I am not just talking here, so there is a part of me that says just do the Waterdeep in 5E.......  however, I have little XP with 5e.. yes I come from the older line.. I still have a retro clone that I love.. anyways I see that I have written a paragraph again.. 

Midwest Game Fest in KC is Nov 11-14 and just opened event submission.  There's a double handful of GURPS players in town who'd be happy to sit at your table. 

I would suggest KantCon, but it is in 2 weeks, and that's probably not enough time to get it together.  A guy I play with is planning to run one or more GURPS sessions, though. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Amazon delivery person is going to hate me today. Bought a bunch of shirts and a couple other small things the other day and they've broken it all up into like...7? packages. That's not even everything I ordered. Only hobby thing acquired is some printable stabilizer for my embroidery.

Yeah, I don't get Amazon.  My last order they specifically offered me an option to ship things in fewer packages, but several would be two days....  Then after I paid, they went and shipped half the order next day, in three separate packages *rolls eyes*

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Grocery shopping is done, laundry is done, and dinner is cooking.

Time to relax.

Been relaxing all day.

Haven't left the house yet and it's 9 PM. Completely out of clean clothes, and no food in the house.

Send help. Or cheeseburgers.

• Like 7

Spend something like six hours with my mom. She needed my help with... Nothing really. Just moving a few things that weren't really heavy. :blink:

But, I now have a ton of stuff she gave me. She likes to buy things she thinks I'll need. For example, I got this egg cooker thing, for making hard boiled eggs. I'm not a huge fan of hard boiled eggs but I foresee deviled eggs the next time I see other humans. Be a fair trade for the eggs a friend gives me from their backyard chickens. I also got shorts. Since I'm tall, and most of my height is in my legs, I can never find shorts in my "Goldilocks Zone." Since my mom sews, I just buy pants that are too short and have her make them into shorts that don't make me look like a Kenny in Gamera movie. 

Now, once things cool down tonight, I'm going to start painting again! I have eight more super characters to do to finish off three "teams" out of the five I have. Still looking for a decent game to use them in... :ph34r:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Been relaxing all day.

Haven't left the house yet and it's 9 PM. Completely out of clean clothes, and no food in the house.

Send help. Or cheeseburgers.

I'd send you a fresh baked pizza but the matter transporter isn't up and running yet.

Broccoli, the built in microwave isn't even working yet.

GEM

Yes we had pizza for dinner - and it was pronounced good.::):

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yeah, I don't get Amazon.  My last order they specifically offered me an option to ship things in fewer packages, but several would be two days....  Then after I paid, they went and shipped half the order next day, in three separate packages *rolls eyes*

I found I could manipulate their system.  Haven't tried it in a while, though. 

Order items separately, and select the option that gives the digital reward for being willing to wait.  Wait a couple of hours, then order something to be delivered next or 2nd day with my prime benefit.  Many of the items ordered arrive with the faster item AND I still get the digital reward. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I found I could manipulate their system.  Haven't tried it in a while, though. 

Order items separately, and select the option that gives the digital reward for being willing to wait.  Wait a couple of hours, then order something to be delivered next or 2nd day with my prime benefit.  Many of the items ordered arrive with the faster item AND I still get the digital reward. 

Sadly, like a lot of Amazon "perks" we don't get that in Canada.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5