Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline Trivia for Tuesday, July 6th:

• 371 BC – The Battle of Leuctra ended in an overwhelming Spartan defeat, shattering Sparta's reputation of military invincibility.
  • 1885 – Louis Pasteur successfully tested his vaccine against rabies on Joseph Meister, a boy who was bitten by a rabid dog.

• 1986 – Davis Phinney became the first American cyclist to win a road stage of the Tour de France.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I had a pretty good weekend. I finally got all of my unpainted Bones (1-4) organized. 

What are you all laughing at?

[Notices piles of empty Minwax cans behind Chaoswolf's shed]

It counts, I guess.

Edit: AUGH!!! He said "organized", not "painted". My stupid uncaffeinated morning brain strikes again.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

46 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I had a pretty good weekend. I finally got all of my unpainted Bones (1-4) organized. 

What are you all laughing at?

Does having all of the B1-4 stuff in containers or up on a shelf count as organized? Said containers may be sitting next to a painting desk. Or are we putting them into foam cases organizationally?

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Corsair said:

I'm a Grunkle again! Little Julia was born at 9AM today.

Congrats!

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Does having all of the B1-4 stuff in containers or up on a shelf count as organized? Said containers may be sitting next to a painting desk. Or are we putting them into foam cases organizationally?

Opens cabinet door, looks at pile of minis ready to fall out, eehhh yeah.. sure...organise..

• Haha 7

I'm back and I survived.

Went mountain biking Sunday morning.  Had a problem with my derailleur pop up that I should have stopped to fix when it started but I was trying to get through the run, it was jumping gears without me shifting.  
Came up on some rollers, and I tried to take the bypass, but my chain shifted as I powered into the approach and I almost lost my balance, which caused me to swerve and up onto it at an angle, then off the side.  I went tail over teakettle and head first into the dirt.
My helmet took most of the impact, but there really wasn't much it could do for the muscle strains all up and down my back and neck, or the sprain in my shoulder.  My noggin is perfectly intact at least, even if my back and shoulder don't want to move this morning.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

Well it's not hell outside right now, so I'm off to do some spray painting. My window is slowly closing, supposed to get to around 107 today, the hottest day of the week. The temps will start to trend downward (if you call anything over 100 a downward trend.....)

Thou, I should mow the yard. I mean that would be the sensible thing to do right now.

• Like 8

On 7/4/2021 at 4:25 AM, Kuroneko said:

On 7/3/2021 at 11:22 PM, Inarah said:

Went for a walk after dinner, spotted this fellow.  Any ornithologists or birdwatchers here? 

20210703_202333.jpg.702dd03427387fc3251e9b0f9818f892.jpg

Expand  

My North American bird ID isn't that great, but my guess would be a Coopers Hawk. Maybe @TaleSpinner or @Thoramel  could help? 

Couple of days behind here but if that were around here I'd say Red Tail or Red Shouldered hawk. But no idea what raptors there are in your part of the country.

• Like 7

It's fun to find out that you got a raise from the posting for your job online... I'm not going to be replaced, don't worry. I did have fun with getting an email asking me if I could come in on Friday to "help the team" and had to bite back the response of "you mean me? Because I'm, no joke, all you have on my shift."

In other news, mini painting is being suspended for a while due to the heat. Instead, I'm probably going to write some stuff. I'd like to talk about it but we're PG-13 here. :ph34r:

• Like 9