Argonath Bookends - Suggestions?

Rignes

So, this is the first thing I've 3D printed and decided to paint.  I didn't clean them up much so you can see the layer lines but I'm lazy and I figured they are ancient statues and aren't supposed to be smooth. 🙂  

My idea is to weather the mountain part while leaving the statue itself mostly clean so it's visually different.  I used pigments (for the first time actually) and they stand out.  I was trying to get other greens and browns in there but they really don't stand out.  I used Burnt Umber and Sepia inks along with some Reaper Troll Hide for this.   FIrst, do you think it's necesssary to make them more pronounced based on the picture?  I don't wnat to over due the colors and I kind of like the mostly brown look.  Would it benefit, in your opinions, from more variety or will adding aditional colors make it to busy? 

I have other questions I may ask but lets start with this one. 🙂

Thanks.

IMG_20211205_222619 (1).jpg

Edited by Rignes
Fix typo
  • Like 3

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FDM.  I know there are layer lines.  I don't care about them though.  Just looking for suggestions on the paint job.  This is more of an experimental side project than a trying to make I look it's best project.

Edited by Rignes
Fixed typo