Anybody recognize this Knight mini?

BlazingTornado

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Bob.  He's retired now, and spends most of his time down at the Blue Dragg Inn, telling the same story of how he slew that Purple worm all by himself to anyone who will listen.  Those who buy him a beer get to hear about how the Tarasque almost killed him and his friends. 

On a more serious note, I'm afraid I'm no help. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heritage figures do tend to be on square/rectangular bases, so I’d be inclined to think “not Heritage”.  They also generally have base markings including the catalog number. Early Grenadier bases are more likely to be unmarked and irregularly round.

F03FC066-6547-420E-9DBF-6F6A427107E6.jpeg.1dfbc3e08cd49b87533f159e0982aa71.jpeg

I note that these three all have some sort of texturing on the top of the base as well.  Whether sold as hiustoricals or as fantasy (and a lot of their figures switched roles) the two spearmen are most likely the Grenadier M3 Viking with Spear (no picture on the Lost Minis Wiki).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Hmmmm, looking at this figure again, could it really be cast in one piece? He seems to be holding his sword in front instead of in a more castable position.

I know, that's the surprising part! But I've looked for seams, attachment points, signs of modding, and came up empty.

Considering he was based up on a washer with a sandy texture thing added to make things flush same as other minis that WERE multipart but nowhere near as secure (a lady with a crossbow, her crossbow and hands were no longer attached when I got it), I really genuinely believe this is a one-piece casting.

• Like 1

Like others, I've had no luck finding it on the lostminiswiki, but I have made a couple of observations:

1. the Grenadier section has a large number of possible minis listed with no picture. 
2. this mini has a lot of similarities with Grenadier minis sculpted by Andrew Chernak. 

This guy looks really close:
http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:G-flbp-121a.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Given the apparent age of the mini, it's probably lead. And given the softness of lead, is it possible the sword arm is just twisted out of the original casting pose? 

No, it's where it goes. The hand is fused to the body where it meets the skirt part of the surcoat. The blade part likewise is attached at the thumb and on the shield and even where the shield meets the scabbard.

I tried (TRIED) to take some pics of all these parts and also a clearer pic of the base.

image.png.834c050871416ae36e49fc8f6121d711.png

image.thumb.png.f2fd1434369be10dca030bd9ebd2bace.png

image.png.3cae3d1aafb2b7f2d76cfa3728b66f26.png

image.png.485ca7e2cfd695cd1d274c1917789246.png

• Like 3